Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2021, 11:17 AM

37,416 posts, read 39,884,033 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Heat View Post
I’ll go with Nairobi.
Far better climate and relative proximity to amazing wilderness areas.

Tashkent vs La Paz

La Paz. I think Tashkent is a fascinating city and Uzbek cuisine to be fantastic, but I think I'd get by better in La Paz in regards to language barriers and timezones, and I like the mountain setting. It's a tough one. though.

Quebec City, Canada vs George Town, Malaysia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2021, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
La Paz. I think Tashkent is a fascinating city and Uzbek cuisine to be fantastic, but I think I'd get by better in La Paz in regards to language barriers and timezones, and I like the mountain setting. It's a tough one. though.

Quebec City, Canada vs George Town, Malaysia

Actually, change that. I think the better comparison would be:

Montreal, Canada vs George Town, Malaysia

Old 01-28-2021, 02:33 PM

7,780 posts, read 10,238,210 times
Oooooof. I mean hands down, for sure, I would recommend Montreal for most people who ask me. Objectively I think it's just soo much nicer of a city, one of my favorites in the world in fact. However, for me personally, I probably have to lean towards George Town. One, I have lots of family and ties to Penang and two, my wife would veto Montreal for 9 months of the year. So, it's a tough choice but I'd take George Town.

Ottawa vs Kuala Lumpur

Old 01-28-2021, 07:16 PM

2,452 posts, read 2,402,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by projectmaximus View Post
Oooooof. I mean hands down, for sure, I would recommend Montreal for most people who ask me. Objectively I think it's just soo much nicer of a city, one of my favorites in the world in fact. However, for me personally, I probably have to lean towards George Town. One, I have lots of family and ties to Penang and two, my wife would veto Montreal for 9 months of the year. So, it's a tough choice but I'd take George Town.

Ottawa vs Kuala Lumpur
Kuala Lumpur hands down. Tech savvy city and a great hub to explore SA.

Calgary, vs Salt Lake city

Old 01-28-2021, 11:44 PM

11 posts, read 6,087 times
both are garbage(horrible weather), so Calgary at least it would have less expensive healthcare

Mexico city or Guadalajara

Old 01-29-2021, 07:01 AM

2,452 posts, read 2,402,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by From Where View Post
both are garbage(horrible weather), so Calgary at least it would have less expensive healthcare

Mexico city or Guadalajara
unnecessary.

Mexico city, tons to do and see, and some amazing short trip drives.

Seoul or Tokyo?

Old 01-29-2021, 10:08 AM

76 posts, read 39,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by survivingearth View Post
unnecessary.

Mexico city, tons to do and see, and some amazing short trip drives.

Seoul or Tokyo?
Tokyo, been to both and Tokyo does everything Seoul does but just a little bit better and the Japanese are much friendlier.

Yangon, Myanmar vs. Colombo, Sri Lanka

Old 01-29-2021, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSonicSon View Post
Tokyo, been to both and Tokyo does everything Seoul does but just a little bit better and the Japanese are much friendlier.

Yangon, Myanmar vs. Colombo, Sri Lanka

Colombo! I find Sri Lanka to be fascinating and the coastal location of Colombo to be appealing. I also like the lack of a military junta a bit. Sri Lanka also has a much higher HDI than Myanmar does and I assume that counts for something when it comes to living in one place versus the other.

Medan, Indonesia or Algiers, Algeria

Old 01-29-2021, 06:49 PM

7,780 posts, read 10,238,210 times
Hmm, I'm far more interested in visiting Algiers. But having never been to either one, I'd pick Medan to live in. Just simply because it is close to Penang and Langkawi, areas that I am quite familiar with and wouldn't mind being able to skip over to frequently. (Very cheap flights, and even regular ferry service)

Jakarta vs Lagos

Old 02-01-2021, 11:16 PM

1,764 posts, read 1,042,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by projectmaximus View Post
Hmm, I'm far more interested in visiting Algiers. But having never been to either one, I'd pick Medan to live in. Just simply because it is close to Penang and Langkawi, areas that I am quite familiar with and wouldn't mind being able to skip over to frequently. (Very cheap flights, and even regular ferry service)

Jakarta vs Lagos
Jakarta as I can speak Indonesian.

Hong Kong or Shanghai
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World