Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2021, 11:32 PM

153 posts, read 110,158 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Dakar. I love Senegalese food and much prefer the weather in Dakar to Quebec.

San Diego, CA USA or Sydney, Australia?
Definitely Sydney, much more lively city and larger with a lot going on and an exciting new heavy rail program. San Diego isn't a bad place at all but compared to Sydney, it doesn't seem super fair or equal.

San Francisco or Barcelona?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2021, 07:11 AM

30,612 posts, read 18,192,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by indigorunner View Post
Definitely Sydney, much more lively city and larger with a lot going on and an exciting new heavy rail program. San Diego isn't a bad place at all but compared to Sydney, it doesn't seem super fair or equal.

San Francisco or Barcelona?
San Francisco. I can't say that I've ever really wanted to live in Europe, which probably biases me toward San Francisco. But I've also been to San Francisco and absolutely loved it there.

Puerto Princesa, Philippines vs. Maui, Hawaii, USA.

Old 04-19-2021, 12:07 AM

9,049 posts, read 3,520,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
San Francisco. I can't say that I've ever really wanted to live in Europe, which probably biases me toward San Francisco. But I've also been to San Francisco and absolutely loved it there.

Puerto Princesa, Philippines vs. Maui, Hawaii, USA.
Maui. Puerto Princesa is a nice place to visit, but Maui superior for me as a long term home.

Steel Town V Steel City: Pittsburgh V Sheffield.

Old 04-19-2021, 11:02 AM

37,119 posts, read 39,337,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
Maui. Puerto Princesa is a nice place to visit, but Maui superior for me as a long term home.

Steel Town V Steel City: Pittsburgh V Sheffield.
I really like Pittsburgh, but I think I'd go with Sheffield as it'd be interesting to live in the UK for a while and Sheffield doesn't seem to have gone through as heavy a depopulation as Pittsburgh has so it appears to be the more urban and bustling city of the two as Sheffield's at almost double the density within similar city land area sizes. This is a really good match-up!

Cities at around the extremities of their respective countries:

Punta Arenas, Chile or Wakkanai, Japan

Old 04-19-2021, 11:21 AM

858 posts, read 680,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cebuan View Post
Lugano. I'd rather not live in a counttry bound to the euro.

Dallas or Fort Worth.
Neither, they are both too conservative for me.

San Antonio or Austin?

Old 04-19-2021, 04:54 PM

9,111 posts, read 6,155,520 times
No doubts whatsoever. NYC!

Old 04-20-2021, 12:27 PM

676 posts, read 646,949 times
Re-aligning the thread since the chain got broken a bit

Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
I really like Pittsburgh, but I think I'd go with Sheffield as it'd be interesting to live in the UK for a while and Sheffield doesn't seem to have gone through as heavy a depopulation as Pittsburgh has so it appears to be the more urban and bustling city of the two as Sheffield's at almost double the density within similar city land area sizes. This is a really good match-up!

Cities at around the extremities of their respective countries:

Punta Arenas, Chile or Wakkanai, Japan
Puntas Arenas. bigger, warmer, less depressing looking. Far flung northern Japan looks like large Siberian towns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRoadkill View Post
Neither, they are both too conservative for me.

San Antonio or Austin?
Austin, it's got a lot more momentum, growth and national interest now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillie767 View Post
No doubts whatsoever. NYC!
Not even sure where NYC was mentioned recently.

Zurich (most livable) vs Tokyo (most exciting)?

Old 04-20-2021, 01:54 PM

233 posts, read 276,585 times
Already live in paradise, but Greenland and Iceland both beckon me. All of this may just go by the wayside as the US Dept of State has now issued new travel restrictions.Just when I thought it was going to be a normal summer - obviously over the CDC recommendations.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...countries.html

Right now C.A. is not on the list, but that can all change in a month or so - so keep tuned to their website
https://www.state.gov

Old 04-20-2021, 02:06 PM

37,119 posts, read 39,337,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by svelten View Post
Re-aligning the thread since the chain got broken a bit

Puntas Arenas. bigger, warmer, less depressing looking. Far flung northern Japan looks like large Siberian towns.

Austin, it's got a lot more momentum, growth and national interest now

Not even sure where NYC was mentioned recently.

Zurich (most livable) vs Tokyo (most exciting)?

Oh, Tokyo easily! I actually think Tokyo is a lot more exciting and plenty livable as well. The only major issue for me is immigration status, but I think I can probably swing a position working in a JP branch of an American multinational which also means that I wouldn't be put under the same kind of work culture that people do actually complain about in Tokyo.

Coastal second cities of similar metropolitan population sizes in two developed countries on the opposing peninsulas of the large Eurasian landmass:

Barcelona, Spain or Busan, South Korea

Old 04-20-2021, 02:26 PM

5,214 posts, read 4,015,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
Oh, Tokyo easily! I actually think Tokyo is a lot more exciting and plenty livable as well. The only major issue for me is immigration status, but I think I can probably swing a position working in a JP branch of an American multinational which also means that I wouldn't be put under the same kind of work culture that people do actually complain about in Tokyo.

Coastal second cities of similar metropolitan population sizes in two developed countries on the opposing peninsulas of the large Eurasian landmass:

Barcelona, Spain or Busan, South Korea

Normally I'd always pick Korea vs anything (except Japan) but Spain especially Barcelona are the few choices that will make me think twice for a second, still: Busan.

Fukuoka, Japan vs Busan, S. Korea?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World