Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2021, 02:56 PM

10,635 posts, read 16,734,671 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Heat View Post
They’re both lovely, but I prefer the Russian gem.

Shiraz, Iran vs. Cleveland, US
Cleveland. I don't think living in Iran is much fun.

Wichita, KS, USA vs. Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2021, 11:56 AM

529 posts, read 557,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deneb78 View Post
Cleveland. I don't think living in Iran is much fun.

Wichita, KS, USA vs. Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Isn't there a sizeable French-speaking minority in Winnipeg? I choose the Canadian city for being more diverse language-wise.

Khabarovsk, Russia vs. Harbin, China

Old 05-24-2021, 03:11 PM

10,635 posts, read 16,734,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Heat View Post
Isn't there a sizeable French-speaking minority in Winnipeg? I choose the Canadian city for being more diverse language-wise.

Khabarovsk, Russia vs. Harbin, China
Harbin seems a bit more interesting. They also have a cool ice festival in winter.

Victoria, Seychelles vs. St. John's, Antigua and Barbuda.

Old 06-01-2021, 10:14 AM

37,267 posts, read 39,557,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deneb78 View Post
Harbin seems a bit more interesting. They also have a cool ice festival in winter.

Victoria, Seychelles vs. St. John's, Antigua and Barbuda.

Victoria, Seychelles as I've generally been more interested in the Seychelles vs Antigua and Barbuda. I also think I'd like to cuisine of the Seychelles more given its demographic mix. Plus, there aren't really any hurricanes in the Seychelles. The advantage of Antigua and Barbuda are that they're closer to the US to friends and families.

Two diverse cities of the former British Empire with metropolitan areas of about equal population size and both being the largest metropolitan areas of their respective countries:

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia vs Toronto, Canada

Old 06-01-2021, 10:58 AM

676 posts, read 651,394 times
KL, Malaysia. Second most livable and developed city in a tropical region with low COL vs. another expensive major North American city with cold winters.

on a similar vein:

Singapore vs Montreal

Old 06-01-2021, 02:26 PM

7,778 posts, read 10,187,603 times
Oooo...you're tugging at my heart strings. Montreal is one of my favorites, and I think I'd normally choose it over a place like Singapore for most people. That said, with where I am in my life cycle and family, I've often said that Singapore (and NZ which is a country I've actually never been to) are the two places I could see myself dying old in, besides my home country of the US. So I'll take Singapore I guess.

Phnom Penh vs New Orleans

Old 06-09-2021, 06:26 AM

535 posts, read 612,464 times
PP, I don't like living in the US.

Budapest or Prague

Old 06-09-2021, 06:14 PM

2,364 posts, read 2,326,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmusic29 View Post
PP, I don't like living in the US.

Budapest or Prague
I’ll take Prague, heard Budapest isn’t the best.

Florence or Seville

Old 06-10-2021, 05:16 AM

1,049 posts, read 1,608,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL_Expert View Post
I’ll take Prague, heard Budapest isn’t the best.

Florence or Seville
Well this is a really tough call. I'm already in Spain, and Seville might be my favorite city in this country, however, I've always had an urge to move to Italy as well. The weather would be much more comfortable in Florence in the summer months than in Seville. At this current, (almost) post-covid point in life, where I feel like shaking things up a bit, I'm going to say Florence. But probably after 6 months I'll be questioning if I made the right decision

Let's do 2 more European cities:

Toulouse or Dusseldorf

Old 06-10-2021, 03:36 PM

10,169 posts, read 1,036,880 times
Dusseldorf - my ancestors came from Germany - I know some German - I love German food!

Madrid Spain or London England??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World