Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 06-10-2021, 04:01 PM
 
Location: Austintown, OH
4,272 posts, read 8,194,368 times
Reputation: 5529

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandorrei View Post

Madrid Spain or London England??
Madrid! I love it there.

Gdansk or Tallinn
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-10-2021, 06:03 PM
 
Location: In transition
10,635 posts, read 16,753,221 times
Reputation: 5248
Quote:
Originally Posted by IonRedline08 View Post
Madrid! I love it there.

Gdansk or Tallinn
Tallinn. I think Estonia has more going for it these days than Poland.

Kigali, Rwanda vs. Tegucigalpa, Honduras
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-12-2021, 01:09 PM
 
Location: Rome
529 posts, read 558,593 times
Reputation: 544
^
Kigali without doubt. It has a better climate and, I suppose, it is far less dangerous.

Two cities on the same meridian:

London (twelve months of gloom and constant drizzle)
vs.
Valencia (mild temperatures, sun and joie-de-vivre)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-12-2021, 04:11 PM
 
Location: Florida
2,374 posts, read 2,346,437 times
Reputation: 3687
Valencia. I’m actually not a huge fan of Valencia; something about the way the city is laid out doesn’t appeal to me. Still, it’s Spain which I prefer to the UK. London is fine to visit, but I wouldn’t really want to live there.

Between two of the most livable places I’ve visited…

Bellevue, WA vs Zurich
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-12-2021, 11:05 PM
 
Location: PNW
676 posts, read 653,316 times
Reputation: 768
Bellevue. I only know Switzerland from second hand accounts of friends and family but it is not the most welcoming and friendliest of places. Stuffy, a bit too old world money and not the best weather. Bellevue lacks perhaps a soul and character but it's a fantastically pleasant place to move a family into in the world.

Random comparison:
Vasco de Gama, India vs. Belize City, Belize (both small-ish, hot temperature, and one of the nicer parts of their respective countries)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-13-2021, 05:21 PM
 
Location: Back in Dirty Jersey
755 posts, read 576,433 times
Reputation: 371
Quote:
Originally Posted by svelten View Post
Bellevue. I only know Switzerland from second hand accounts of friends and family but it is not the most welcoming and friendliest of places. Stuffy, a bit too old world money and not the best weather. Bellevue lacks perhaps a soul and character but it's a fantastically pleasant place to move a family into in the world.

Random comparison:
Vasco de Gama, India vs. Belize City, Belize (both small-ish, hot temperature, and one of the nicer parts of their respective countries)
I haven't been to either, but I gusess I'll go with Belize City since I prefer Latin America culture over Indian Culture.

Guangzhou, China or Hangzhou, China?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-19-2021, 04:15 PM
 
Location: In the heights
37,307 posts, read 39,658,179 times
Reputation: 21361
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASJackson814 View Post
I haven't been to either, but I gusess I'll go with Belize City since I prefer Latin America culture over Indian Culture.

Guangzhou, China or Hangzhou, China?

Hangzhou - I generally like the Yangtze River Delta area more and Hangzhou's a pretty charming city.


The capitals of three Scotlands:


Edinburgh, Scotland or Halifax, Nova Scotia or Nouméa, New Caledonia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-24-2021, 06:28 AM
 
Location: Tulsa
2,230 posts, read 1,726,286 times
Reputation: 2435
Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
Hangzhou - I generally like the Yangtze River Delta area more and Hangzhou's a pretty charming city.


The capitals of three Scotlands:


Edinburgh, Scotland or Halifax, Nova Scotia or Nouméa, New Caledonia

Edinburgh, I've heard that it's a great city. I also prefer Britain to Canada.


Tulsa or Calgary?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-24-2021, 08:21 AM
 
Location: SE UK
14,824 posts, read 12,084,515 times
Reputation: 9818
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Heat View Post
^
Kigali without doubt. It has a better climate and, I suppose, it is far less dangerous.

Two cities on the same meridian:

London (twelve months of gloom and constant drizzle)
vs.
Valencia (mild temperatures, sun and joie-de-vivre)
Aw c'mon! I seriously doubt there's anybody left alive that actually thinks London is '12 months of gloom and constant drizzle'!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-24-2021, 09:14 AM
 
169 posts, read 131,037 times
Reputation: 104
^^Hard to chose, maybe Tulsa in winter, Calgary in summer? Tulsa's just too hot for me in summer, constantly around 36 C this week, like really? Calgary on the other hand has a winter that's too freezing. For the cities themselves I prefer the skyline and layout of Calgary.


Nuremberg, Bavaria, Germany vs Pilsen, Czech Republic?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top