Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-06-2023, 01:40 PM
 
560 posts, read 204,896 times
Reputation: 954

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by General I80 View Post
Kyoto. It's closer to both mountains and the ocean, especially with its trains.

Kochi, India or Đà Nẵng, Vietnam?
Why the industrial city of Da Nang when the beautiful and historic Hue is so close.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-16-2023, 12:05 PM
 
Location: Alabama
13,369 posts, read 7,676,438 times
Reputation: 6936
Quote:
Originally Posted by General I80 View Post
Kochi, India or Đà Nẵng, Vietnam?
Neither sounds particularly appealing; but I'll go with Kochi because the state of Kerala does have some fascinating history.

Cagliari, Sardinia, Italy or Davao City, Philippines?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-17-2023, 05:22 PM
 
5,882 posts, read 5,809,813 times
Reputation: 3481
Cagliari. Situated on a beautiful island in a good location in the world. Language and culture and food.

Perth Australia or Perth in Scotland.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-18-2023, 12:30 PM
 
Location: Brooklyn, NY
9,862 posts, read 14,191,241 times
Reputation: 10892
Quote:
Originally Posted by the troubadour View Post
Cagliari. Situated on a beautiful island in a good location in the world. Language and culture and food.

Perth Australia or Perth in Scotland.
Perth, Scotland--due to me loving Scotland in general, and it not being as nearly isolated as Perth, Australia. Perth, Australia is supposedly gorgeous and growing well. But it is far too isolated, with it being a hike to any major city.

Lisbon, Portugal or San Diego, California, USA?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-19-2023, 11:00 PM
 
Location: Florida
2,264 posts, read 2,160,543 times
Reputation: 3440
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post
Perth, Scotland--due to me loving Scotland in general, and it not being as nearly isolated as Perth, Australia. Perth, Australia is supposedly gorgeous and growing well. But it is far too isolated, with it being a hike to any major city.

Lisbon, Portugal or San Diego, California, USA?
San Diego.

I’ve been to Lisbon, not SD. Lisbon is beautiful and has a lot in common with San Francisco. However, it was too gritty for me and it didn’t feel that safe. While I’ve never been to SD, I’m pretty sure I’d prefer it for living.

Bellevue, WA USA or Geneva, CH
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-10-2024, 03:15 PM
 
Location: Alabama
13,369 posts, read 7,676,438 times
Reputation: 6936
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL_Expert View Post
Bellevue, WA USA or Geneva, CH
Bellevue because even though Geneva is very scenic, ultimately I'd rather live in the USA.

Santiago, Chile or Guadalajara, Mexico?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-10-2024, 08:41 PM
 
Location: London, UK
4,092 posts, read 3,668,823 times
Reputation: 2900
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post

Santiago, Chile or Guadalajara, Mexico?
Guadalajara only because it's less out of the way and I find Mexico more appealing overall than Chile.

Male, Maldives or Suva, Fiji?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-11-2024, 09:24 AM
 
Location: Centennial, CO
2,247 posts, read 3,027,401 times
Reputation: 3750
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pueblofuerte View Post
Guadalajara only because it's less out of the way and I find Mexico more appealing overall than Chile.

Male, Maldives or Suva, Fiji?
Suva, Fiji. I just feel like I'd vibe better with the culture there and very slightly closer to family in the USA.

Medellin, Colombia or Singapore?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-08-2024, 12:11 PM
 
Location: Florida
2,264 posts, read 2,160,543 times
Reputation: 3440
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShampooBanana View Post
Suva, Fiji. I just feel like I'd vibe better with the culture there and very slightly closer to family in the USA.

Medellin, Colombia or Singapore?
Singapore, without a doubt. In many ways it’s the best city in the world, especially after China annexed Hong Kong.

Majorca, Spain or Capri, Italy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-08-2024, 12:45 PM
 
26,817 posts, read 43,286,237 times
Reputation: 31407
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL_Expert View Post
Singapore, without a doubt. In many ways it’s the best city in the world, especially after China annexed Hong Kong.

Majorca, Spain or Capri, Italy
Capri in a landslide, the food scene appeals to me more I think and it's much smaller, less touristy.

Santiago, Chile or Lima, Peru
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top