Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2020, 11:48 AM

76 posts, read 38,873 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Lisbon due to safety reasons alone. I'd love to visit South Africa, but I am troubled by some of the violence statistics I read about.

Sydney, Australia or Auckland, New Zealand?
Sydney, less remote, more connected as a mainstream world class hub.

San Diego, USA vs. Barcelona, Spain
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2020, 02:28 PM

30,636 posts, read 18,227,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSonicSon View Post
Sydney, less remote, more connected as a mainstream world class hub.

San Diego, USA vs. Barcelona, Spain
San Diego. Mild weather and amazing food. Only downside is that it's in California I would like to visit Barcelona, though.

Tel Aviv, Israel or Baltimore, Maryland, USA? (Note, these two are sister cities, so I didn't just pull them out of thin air )

Old 07-07-2020, 03:44 PM

5,214 posts, read 4,021,534 times
Tel Aviv, will pick it over 99% cities in the world, don't even know frankly where Baltimore is I only know they talked about it in "Scarface"...speaking of which:

Miami vs Jerusalem?

Old 07-07-2020, 07:26 PM

5,428 posts, read 3,497,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by euro123 View Post
Tel Aviv, will pick it over 99% cities in the world, don't even know frankly where Baltimore is I only know they talked about it in "Scarface"...speaking of which:

Miami vs Jerusalem?
Miami. I like it's location and it acts as a gateway to the Caribbean. Would love to visit Jerusalem.

Dubai, UAE vs Astana, Kazakhstan (I picked this one, because it's been dubbed the Dubai of the steppes).

Old 07-07-2020, 08:02 PM

7,778 posts, read 10,162,721 times
Never been to either although they're both high on the list to visit. For living though I'll have to take Dubai as the much more livable city. Astana should have good Korean food which makes it very interesting, but just not enough for year-round living (and that winter? oof)

Malacca, Malaysia v Da Nang, Vietnam

Old 07-08-2020, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by projectmaximus View Post
Never been to either although they're both high on the list to visit. For living though I'll have to take Dubai as the much more livable city. Astana should have good Korean food which makes it very interesting, but just not enough for year-round living (and that winter? oof)

Malacca, Malaysia v Da Nang, Vietnam
Malacca, further away from China and pollution and looks nicer (cleaner), almost like Venice with the canals. I also like the location as a midway point between Kuala Lumpur and Singapore.

Istanbul, Turkey vs. Buenos Aires, Argentina

Old 07-08-2020, 10:25 AM

1,049 posts, read 1,606,547 times
Quote:
Malacca, further away from China and pollution and looks nicer (cleaner), almost like Venice with the canals. I also like the location as a midway point between Kuala Lumpur and Singapore.

Istanbul, Turkey vs. Buenos Aires, Argentina
This is a tough one - I've never been to either one, but would probably feel more comfortable in Buenos Aires after living in Madrid, however, I think I would appreciate being closer to Europe, so I'm going to say Istanbul.

Tbilisi Georgia vs Sarajevo Bosnia

Old 07-21-2020, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wikiwikirunner View Post
This is a tough one - I've never been to either one, but would probably feel more comfortable in Buenos Aires after living in Madrid, however, I think I would appreciate being closer to Europe, so I'm going to say Istanbul.

Tbilisi Georgia vs Sarajevo Bosnia
Tbilisi, My first impression was going to be Sarjevo because of the city's proximity to the rest of Europe but it's still a city in turmoil with landmines and crime. Tbilisi is actually a much more peaceful place and somewhat cleaner looking so I'll go with that.

Brisbane, Australia vs. Lisbon, Portugal

Old 07-22-2020, 05:37 AM

1,049 posts, read 1,606,547 times
Quote:
Tbilisi, My first impression was going to be Sarjevo because of the city's proximity to the rest of Europe but it's still a city in turmoil with landmines and crime. Tbilisi is actually a much more peaceful place and somewhat cleaner looking so I'll go with that.

Brisbane, Australia vs. Lisbon, Portugal
Spent a lot of time in Brisbane and currently live on the Iberian Peninsula - 100% going to go with Lisbon on this one. As I've said several times on this thread- I'm a Europhile, I love continental Europe. Lisbon itself is such a charming city, with fantastic connections to the rest of Europe. If I wanted a more American type lifestyle, I would choose Brisbane all day - it is a fantastic place to stay for a while but lacks that charm I've come to love around Europe, and also is simply too remote for my tastes.

Perth, WA or Capetown, SA

Old 07-22-2020, 10:31 AM

162 posts, read 149,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wikiwikirunner View Post
Spent a lot of time in Brisbane and currently live on the Iberian Peninsula - 100% going to go with Lisbon on this one. As I've said several times on this thread- I'm a Europhile, I love continental Europe. Lisbon itself is such a charming city, with fantastic connections to the rest of Europe. If I wanted a more American type lifestyle, I would choose Brisbane all day - it is a fantastic place to stay for a while but lacks that charm I've come to love around Europe, and also is simply too remote for my tastes.

Perth, WA or Capetown, SA
Both have a great climate, and Cape Town has an amazing wine country just east of the city with beautiful scenery. With that said, Perth is much safer, better beaches (warmer water for sure) and is a diverse city without all the racial inequality that exists in South Africa. Perth is popular with South Africans as well.

Adelaide, SA vs. Auckland, NZ
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World