Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2020, 12:56 PM

365 posts, read 215,879 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
Iceland. NZ is far too much like England. Check the Aust/NZ forum if you don't believe me.

Colorado Springs or Queenstown NZ
I love both towns and countries and there are certainly big advantages and disadvantages to both living in a big belligerent country (the US) and in a small remote one (New Zealand)....I'll go with Colorado Springs this time because I like the town itself better.

Manchester, UK or Liverpool, UK?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2020, 11:47 AM

76 posts, read 38,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tronas View Post
I love both towns and countries and there are certainly big advantages and disadvantages to both living in a big belligerent country (the US) and in a small remote one (New Zealand)....I'll go with Colorado Springs this time because I like the town itself better.

Manchester, UK or Liverpool, UK?
Quote:
Originally Posted by masssachoicetts View Post
Liverpool UK easily.
Already answered on the last page

Amsterdam, Netherlands vs. Madrid, Spain?

Old 09-05-2020, 12:46 PM

30,635 posts, read 18,222,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSonicSon View Post
Already answered on the last page

Amsterdam, Netherlands vs. Madrid, Spain?
Spain as I think I'd enjoy the culinary scene more.

Khartoum, Sudan or Cairo, Egypt?

Old 09-05-2020, 06:56 PM

1,764 posts, read 1,026,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Spain as I think I'd enjoy the culinary scene more.

Khartoum, Sudan or Cairo, Egypt?
Cairo, Egypt as its close to the Pyramids. I love learning about Ancient Egypt.

Sharm el Sheikh, Egypt or Cancún Mexico

Old 09-05-2020, 07:56 PM

4,096 posts, read 3,725,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by herenow1 View Post
Cairo, Egypt as its close to the Pyramids. I love learning about Ancient Egypt.

Sharm el Sheikh, Egypt or Cancún Mexico
Cancún. Larger city, more to do in its immediate environs, Mérida is close-by, not under a somewhat oppressive regime.

Bratislava, Slovakia vs Ottawa, Canada

Old 09-05-2020, 10:45 PM

7,778 posts, read 10,160,922 times
Spent 2 days in Bratislava and had a great time. Was excited to see it and it didn't disappoint. But gotta go with Ottawa. It's not my favorite city, but it's a good one, and much larger and also an easier transition as an American.

London vs Washington DC

Old 09-06-2020, 05:54 AM

30,635 posts, read 18,222,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by projectmaximus View Post
Spent 2 days in Bratislava and had a great time. Was excited to see it and it didn't disappoint. But gotta go with Ottawa. It's not my favorite city, but it's a good one, and much larger and also an easier transition as an American.

London vs Washington DC
I'm going with London here as I enjoyed myself during my first visit and still want to see more of the city. I've seen enough of DC to last me for a while; I have lived in DC proper and right 5 minutes outside of the city for over a year and still live close enough to make a short drive down.

Paris, France vs. Montreal, Canada?

Old 09-06-2020, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by projectmaximus View Post

London vs Washington DC
London hands down no contest. The fact its such a walkable & cycle friendly city & the fact it feels like its an amalgamation of a bunch of small towns each with its own character is particularly captivatig e.g. Wimbledon, Hampsted, Brixton, Hoxton-London Fields, Greenwich, Mayfair, Notting Hill, Clapham, Richmond, Swiss Cottage, Kensington, Victoria, Paddington, Canary Wharf-Isle of Dogs, Streatham, Chiswick, Putney, Batteresea, Camden, Finchley, Soho, Wembley, Chelsea, Chiswick, Dulwich, Shoreditch, King's Cross, Holland Park. East East London is the only real remaining scar of the capital left, that and Willesden.

Alice Springs, AUS vs San Gil, COL

Some 1minute long context as these are somewhat unknowns...

Alice Springs gateway to Uluru

San Gil gateway to the Chicamocha canyon

Last edited by Pueblofuerte; 09-06-2020 at 06:40 AM..

Old 09-06-2020, 10:03 AM

570 posts, read 508,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pueblofuerte View Post
London hands down no contest. The fact its such a walkable & cycle friendly city & the fact it feels like its an amalgamation of a bunch of small towns each with its own character is particularly captivatig e.g. Wimbledon, Hampsted, Brixton, Hoxton-London Fields, Greenwich, Mayfair, Notting Hill, Clapham, Richmond, Swiss Cottage, Kensington, Victoria, Paddington, Canary Wharf-Isle of Dogs, Streatham, Chiswick, Putney, Batteresea, Camden, Finchley, Soho, Wembley, Chelsea, Chiswick, Dulwich, Shoreditch, King's Cross, Holland Park. East East London is the only real remaining scar of the capital left, that and Willesden.

Alice Springs, AUS vs San Gil, COL

Some 1minute long context as these are somewhat unknowns...

Alice Springs gateway to Uluru

San Gil gateway to the Chicamocha canyon
Interesting but it Really depends. For a short term? San Gil (greener, more pleasant weather, interesting culture). For the long term? Alice springs because of the things that Australia offers (safer, 1st world infrastructure, multiculturalism)

Tel Aviv vs Sydney

Old 09-06-2020, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by usuariodeldia View Post
Interesting but it Really depends. For a short term? San Gil (greener, more pleasant weather, interesting culture). For the long term? Alice springs because of the things that Australia offers (safer, 1st world infrastructure, multiculturalism)
Actually the NT is known as the crime capital of Australia. Santander state is not statistically that more dangerous than NT the difference being 5.5 to 8 per 100Thou respectively and that says quite a bit when you throw the Magdalena river region nto the mix.
There are places like Aratoca, Concepcion, Vetas, California (where they mine the gold) & Hato that have yet to register a single homicide in the past 10 years or so and San Gil only had one in 2017. Although it does oscilate between 1-5 a year sadly. Also infrastructure-wise I don't see a major difference considering how remote Alice Springs is in particular.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World