Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2020, 02:55 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 12 hours ago)

27,160 posts, read 13,449,232 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodHombre View Post
At least people are friendly, the streets are safe, restaurants are decent.
The streets in the UK are safe, and there are plenty of decent restaurants.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2020, 04:48 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,021,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
The streets in the UK are safe, and there are plenty of decent restaurants.
He/she doesn't really have an answer so he's making stuff up, apparently the UK is 'going downhill' because everybody is murdering each other over a lack of a decent meal! :-D, I'm only surprised he/she didn't mumble something about rain!

Old 09-27-2020, 05:30 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 12 hours ago)

27,160 posts, read 13,449,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
He/she doesn't really have an answer so he's making stuff up, apparently the UK is 'going downhill' because everybody is murdering each other over a lack of a decent meal! :-D, I'm only surprised he/she didn't mumble something about rain!
I could murder a curry.

Old 09-27-2020, 02:00 PM

1,136 posts, read 525,283 times
My relatives and friends can move there. Not going this year due to high number of corona new cases.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pueblofuerte View Post
London hands down no contest. The fact its such a walkable & cycle friendly city & the fact it feels like its an amalgamation of a bunch of small towns each with its own character is particularly captivatig e.g. Wimbledon, Hampsted, Brixton, Hoxton-London Fields, Greenwich, Mayfair, Notting Hill, Clapham, Richmond, Swiss Cottage, Kensington, Victoria, Paddington, Canary Wharf-Isle of Dogs, Streatham, Chiswick, Putney, Batteresea, Camden, Finchley, Soho, Wembley, Chelsea, Chiswick, Dulwich, Shoreditch, King's Cross, Holland Park. East East London is the only real remaining scar of the capital left, that and Willesden.

Old 09-29-2020, 08:50 AM

76 posts, read 38,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by euro123 View Post
Varna, solely based on my "limited" ultra nationalism...yet this city sucks in a way that cannot be easily described.

Santorini, Greece vs Eilat, Israel?
Eilat, better connected to other areas and seems like it has a lot of potential for growth since a new airport is being built. Also I don't think I would want to be stuck on a small island.

Montevideo, Uruguay vs. Tangier, Morocco

Old 09-29-2020, 11:36 AM

37,131 posts, read 39,380,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSonicSon View Post
Eilat, better connected to other areas and seems like it has a lot of potential for growth since a new airport is being built. Also I don't think I would want to be stuck on a small island.

Montevideo, Uruguay vs. Tangier, Morocco
Montevideo though I really like Tangier. I choose Montevideo as I have some halting knowledge of Spanish, I've never been there before, and the country seems to be in an overall better state than Morocco is in. I also like pork and drinking and that's not as common in Tangier. Tangier is wonderful though--just not sure it makes sense for me to live there.

Bangkok, Thailand or Lima, Peru

Old 09-30-2020, 10:57 PM

7,777 posts, read 10,158,094 times
Hmm this one is difficult! I'm flying blind on Lima, have never been but on paper it is one of the most intriguing options for me in Latam. Have a 2-week trip there (well Peru generally) booked for next April...really hope I don't have to cancel or postpone that one. I've been to Bangkok twice and am fairly certain I would love it there as a single guy. With my family in tow? Maybe not as certain but I do think we'd be pretty comfortable and happy there. Ultimately I think I'll pick Bangkok because the region as a whole (SEA) is far more familiar and comfortable for me and my family so it just tips things in that direction even if Lima turns out to be as great as I expect.

Chiang Mai, Thailand v Cusco, Peru

Old 10-01-2020, 06:28 AM

1,764 posts, read 1,026,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by projectmaximus View Post
Hmm this one is difficult! I'm flying blind on Lima, have never been but on paper it is one of the most intriguing options for me in Latam. Have a 2-week trip there (well Peru generally) booked for next April...really hope I don't have to cancel or postpone that one. I've been to Bangkok twice and am fairly certain I would love it there as a single guy. With my family in tow? Maybe not as certain but I do think we'd be pretty comfortable and happy there. Ultimately I think I'll pick Bangkok because the region as a whole (SEA) is far more familiar and comfortable for me and my family so it just tips things in that direction even if Lima turns out to be as great as I expect.

Chiang Mai, Thailand v Cusco, Peru
Chang Mai, Thailand because I have heard great things about that city. I not heard of Cusco before.

Jerusalem Israel or Mecca Saudi Arabia?

Old 10-01-2020, 07:05 AM

8,181 posts, read 2,790,907 times
Jerusalem.

London or Singapore?

Old 10-01-2020, 07:17 AM

365 posts, read 215,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
Spain hasn't 'gone downhill' as the UK!? In what way exactly!
Political correctness is not as out of control as in the uk. Considerably less drunkenness and feral teens too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World