Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Best South American city for visitors/that you most want to visit?
Bogota 5 19.23%
Buenos Aires 10 38.46%
Lima 3 11.54%
Rio de Janeiro 11 42.31%
Santiago 3 11.54%
Sao Paulo 7 26.92%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2018, 01:56 PM

990 posts, read 878,902 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywalk View Post
Hate to break to you, but Montevideo is clearly a more visited city than Santiago...
https://newsroom.mastercard.com/wp-c...Index-Deck.pdf
As southern Brazil the Uruguayan coast are the summer beach for the 15 millions of Argentinian living in Buenos Aires province.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2018, 02:57 AM

5,024 posts, read 5,661,738 times
I've been to Montevideo as well. I happened to be there on Noche Buena (Christmas Eve)... it was CRAZY. People were all out into the streets, throwing alcohol all over one another. While it was interesting to witness, we were definitely trying NOT to get caught up in one of the groups. I would certainly go back.. But with that said, it would probably be with seeing maybe Colonia del Sacramento, or Punta del Este, too.

Old 04-27-2018, 11:25 PM

4,096 posts, read 3,719,938 times
Default Bogota

Monserrate y Guadalupe. Panorama
by Blas Tovar, on Flickr

Guadalupe 14763341937_fcd8f60d5a_k by Pueblo Fuerte, on Flickr

Bogota by Pueblo Fuerte, on Flickr

Bogota and the immediate footpath to the Andean forest, go straight from clubbing to hiking at 5am for dawn - 15 minutes walk from nightlife spot.

City on one side, lake on the other...

Vista Bogotá (Usaquén) y Embalse San Rafael 360º - Panorama by CAUT, on Flickr

Bogota top-of-the-world-w-pit-bull by Pueblo Fuerte, on Flickr

Untitled by Victoria Holguín, on Flickr

Chingaza-1.jpg by C.C.P. Photography, on Flickr

Source: viajacolombia

Parque Nacional Natural Chingaza - Chingaza National Park by Fredy Gómez, on Flickr

Chingaza National Park by Gregoire Dubois, on Flickr

Salto del Tequendama - Colombia by Leonardo Centeno, on Flickr

Untitled by Gabriel Leano, on Flickr

Oso de anteojos by La Bici Errante, on Flickr

Laguna Siecha by Joan Gili, on Flickr

White-tailed deer
by Andrés Ceballos V., on Flickr

Páramo de Sumapaz by Juan Anzola, on Flickr

Parque Nacional Natural Sumapaz
by Andrés Ceballos V., on Flickr

Old 04-28-2018, 07:42 AM

5,024 posts, read 5,661,738 times
Whoa...

I need to get myself there. Like ASAP.

I know this sounds weird to say, but a number of pictures you share, kind of call to mind Iceland's landscapes (though more mountianous), to be honest. I don't think people would ever perceive that. I did an algorithm based on various distances to determine the "Mountain Capital of the World" among major cities because I'm a nerd and because of course I did. Bogota came out on top, and it's increasingly apparent that reality backs that up, too.

Old 04-30-2018, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavsfan137 View Post
I know this sounds weird to say, but a number of pictures you share, kind of call to mind Iceland's landscapes (though more mountianous), to be honest. I don't think people would ever perceive that.
Not been to Iceland, it's on the bucket list but I do trek north Wales and Scotland whenever I can and I feel very much at home in Bogota in part because it reminds me a bit of these two naturally wonderful places in the UK.

Old 05-03-2018, 02:56 PM

Another informative article on Bogota's hidden independent book stores, cinemas and cycling movements..this time from CyclistUK Bogota, Colombia: 'A place for bikes, books and coffee' | Cyclist

Old 08-02-2018, 10:04 AM

2 posts, read 1,398 times
Colombia for sure ))

- Amazing popular beaches at the Caribbean (Cartagena, Santa Marta -close to Santa Marta the Tayrona National Park-, La Guajira, Capurganá, San Andrés and Provence, San Bernardo Islands, Rosario Islands, etc.)
- Calm and Hided beaches and jungles at the Pacific Coast (Chocó, Nuquí, Isla Gorgona, etc). Throughout the year we have chance to see whales here.
- The Andes – not just for professional hikers – PNN El Cocuy, Sierra Nevada de Santa Marta, Nevado de Tolima, etc.)
- Vibrant big cities like Cali, Medellín, Bogotá – bars and parties, gastronomy, culture
- The Amazonas – nature, jungle, wildlife
- Nature around the big cities – hiking tours, waterfalls, flora and fauna, tropical fruits, birdwatching

more info about hiking opportunities at yourcolombia.com

Old 08-02-2018, 06:31 PM

^^
This is specifically about BOGOTA and other cities in the region. Not Colombia as a whole.

Old 08-02-2018, 08:26 PM
Status: "From 31 to 41 Countries Visited: )" (set 2 days ago)

4,640 posts, read 13,912,538 times
Close to currently, mistakes of ignoring solid overly stereotyping upfront oblivion. For the past 4 years, journey voyages of my own grateful wealthy memories from France, Czech Republic, Austria, Slovakia, Romania, Italy, Monaco, Bulgaria, Sweden, Qatar, UK, Spain!, Morocco. Europe, and Middle East euphoric ecstasy. I am just very glad I have found out on having equal preference to my own planning of travel itinerary routes into Panama City Panama, Bogota Colombia(Whoa! Relative hidden treasure. Erasing past negative bias attitudes), Lima Peru. Outside of those to enter my own life, there are eventually qualifying labels of approval, there is Quito Ecuador, La Paz Bolivia. Tons of captivating interest that reminds me of my own admiration of Spain.

Old 08-02-2018, 11:15 PM

7,363 posts, read 8,394,325 times
1. Manaus
2. Caracas
3. Buenaventura
4. Iquitos
5. Belem
6. Quito
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World