Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2018, 10:16 AM

4,371 posts, read 4,230,849 times

Advertisements

I like San Antonio. But Comparing it to London seems kind of silly. Why not compare it to a smaller European city like Birmingham, Nuremberg or Geneva?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2018, 11:51 AM

5,005 posts, read 5,618,551 times
Yes. San Antonio is actually a pretty cool city. But.. And this is personal opinion, but one could make a strong case that London has as impressive a built environment, when considering modern, historic aesthetic combination, significance of history, things to do within the city, as any city in the world. In fact, I think it's old/new blend just might be #1. On the other hand Vancouver, can make a pretty strong case, that for someone looking for a city surrounded by classical natural beauty (forest, mountains and sea), one couldn't do better anywhere on earth than Vancouver. Perhaps if you compare, as other posters have mentioned, San Antonio to a place like Liverpool, UK, or Edmonton, AB, it might do better, though even then that is a difficult comparison because those are much different from many American cities.

Old 04-28-2018, 01:04 PM

15,106 posts, read 15,775,174 times
Everyone will have their own reasons but objectively if we are speaking to what is the best overall urban city across the board there is no competition to London here. London is one of the worlds great cities and has been for hundreds of years...

Old 04-28-2018, 03:12 PM

18,503 posts, read 15,431,993 times
What are we comparing here?

Without some sort of parameters it means nothing.

Old 04-29-2018, 12:00 AM

2,230 posts, read 1,703,474 times
San Antonio is a joke.

Try College Station!

Old 04-29-2018, 01:08 AM

3,602 posts, read 2,283,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
Everyone will have their own reasons but objectively if we are speaking to what is the best overall urban city across the board there is no competition to London here. London is one of the worlds great cities and has been for hundreds of years...
As far as I am concerned, London is the world's greatest city and the only place I wish I had had the opportunity to live in for a few years.

Old 04-29-2018, 01:27 AM

61,409 posts, read 86,378,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
+1
Comparing San Antonio to London, or even Vancouver is a joke. Not even funny...

Old 04-29-2018, 02:21 AM

766 posts, read 1,249,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavePa View Post
I get a kick out of Texans sill say it's San Antonio, Canadians will say Vancouver .... and yet we have them pitted against the WORLD'S TOP International Global city. The only loss London might have is less sunny skies and less Natural varied topography and not filled with generic high-rises though modern ...... or claimed to sprawl more suburban.

All else but for homerism of State and Nation should give London UK the overall win. Preferences merely noted for individual taste and the job sector one is looking for. All will have degrees f nightlife as large enough cities. London, UK has its own tech choices even.....

If a major Job offer has one choose a city? If young ..... why not want to try out a Historic internationally invested in key city of the world? Not many will get that choice on life .....
That’s cute. You think London is the top international city over NYC. Cute.

Old 04-29-2018, 05:19 AM

5,005 posts, read 5,618,551 times
I think a livability argument between these 3 might be somewhat interesting though...

London, while considered at the forefront of discussion as world's most dynamic city, is not generally at the top of those lists, while Vancouver on a number of occasions of late has been.. why though? Both are expensive, in fact Vancouver may perhaps be a bit more. Both are quite safe, safer than San Antonio to be certain but with that said, I don't think most in SA are regularly worrying about crime either. While I would obviously say those 2 have more going for them in terms of overall city, I might honestly say the one I'd choose to live in of the three would be San Antonio due to the fact it would be most similar to what I'm used to already being in the US and I could afford to get a place there more so than in the other two.

Old 04-29-2018, 05:27 AM

26,996 posts, read 13,246,320 times
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World