U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: San Jose vs Vancouver: which is a better city?
Vancouver 31 86.11%
San Jose 5 13.89%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2018, 01:50 PM

15,908 posts, read 11,325,398 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the topper View Post
Best is in Little Saigon! SJ will satisfy your cravings!!!!!!!
Well IF, I'm ever in SJ again, I'll check it out.

Love Asian food. Imagine a world without all the different regional Chinese cuisine, or Vietnamese, Japanese, Korean etc.

Oh, Pakistani and Indian food as well.

..and French, Italian, and on and on.

Told you I was hungry.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2018, 04:02 PM

16,559 posts, read 24,625,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
Um, ya sure. I haven't even heard people in other Californian cities say that about SJ.
Because we don't LOL
Within the state, we visit San Francisco (maybe might go to Oakland/Berkeley), Los Angeles, and San Diego, and Anaheim, the last one due to Disneyland being there.

San Jose ranks below Sacramento and above Riverside and San Bernardino.

Old 05-03-2018, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
Because we don't LOL
Within the state, we visit San Francisco (maybe might go to Oakland/Berkeley), Los Angeles, and San Diego, and Anaheim, the last one due to Disneyland being there.

San Jose ranks below Sacramento and above Riverside and San Bernardino.
I first went to Disneyland and Knott's Berry farm in 1963 or 64??, as a child.

I've been to Sacramento, Riverside ( I had family in Hemet ) and San Bernardino as well, so I kind of know of what you speak.

San Diego I haven't been in years..I mean years...1980's. I want to go back...I get close, Palm Springs every couple of years so I really should.

Old 05-03-2018, 05:54 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,363,274 times
Quote:
Well IF, I'm ever in SJ again, I'll check it out.

Love Asian food. Imagine a world without all the different regional Chinese cuisine, or Vietnamese, Japanese, Korean etc.

Oh, Pakistani and Indian food as well.

..and French, Italian, and on and on.

Told you I was hungry.
Got them all in downtown alone!!!!!

Old 05-03-2018, 05:55 PM

And even better sushi than Vancouver's sushi: Infinity sushi!!! all you can eat

Old 05-03-2018, 09:16 PM

16,559 posts, read 24,625,013 times
Quote:
And even better sushi than Vancouver's sushi: Infinity sushi!!! all you can eat
Ok, I've actually heard that there is a really good sushi buffet in San Jose but I haven't been to it. The last decent one I have gone to in the Bay Area was in Hayward. Can't remember the name of it now but I will totally go to San Jose to try the one there.

Old 05-04-2018, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Got them all in downtown alone!!!!!
As do we.

Old 05-07-2018, 04:18 PM

548 posts, read 404,975 times
Quote:
As do we.
That, or the vast majority of interesting food and drink establishments are either near Kitsilano or Commercial, both of which are about 15 minutes away from downtown. The densest concentration of Asian food in the entire continent is located 30 minutes south in Richmond. As a contiguous region of population, I would agree the Bay Area including SF and Oakland has quite the significant leg up over the Lower Mainland, but San Jose as an independent urban & metropolitan area is not in the same league of international relevance and QOL as Vancouver.

The poll (and question) would be very different if it was phrased "Bay Area (San Francisco, San Jose, Oakland) CSA vs. Lower Mainland (Vancouver, Sunshine Coast, Fraser Valley)"

Old 05-07-2018, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by svelten View Post
That, or the vast majority of interesting food and drink establishments are either near Kitsilano or Commercial, both of which are about 15 minutes away from downtown. The densest concentration of Asian food in the entire continent is located 30 minutes south in Richmond. As a contiguous region of population, I would agree the Bay Area including SF and Oakland has quite the significant leg up over the Lower Mainland, but San Jose as an independent urban & metropolitan area is not in the same league of international relevance and QOL as Vancouver.

The poll (and question) would be very different if it was phrased "Bay Area (San Francisco, San Jose, Oakland) CSA vs. Lower Mainland (Vancouver, Sunshine Coast, Fraser Valley)"
Nonsense! San Jose is truly an international cosmopolitan world class global city: Capital of Silicon Valley-high tech capital of the world. What are you talking about? Vast majority of interesting foo and drink establishment is in Dt. SJ..

Old 05-08-2018, 12:29 AM

1,274 posts, read 1,078,442 times
For a city to be considered a "world class global city" it needs to have some kind of international recognition. San Jose does not. I'm a pretty well-travelled Brit (in fact just spent two weeks in California and Las Vegas) and I couldn't tell you a thing about it other than what the OP has posted on here. It's just not on the radar.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World