Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2018, 09:24 AM

7,363 posts, read 8,403,667 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
Cocaine has stiff competition with other hard drugs in the US
That's true. It not much different here in Canada. We also have a bit of an opioid and fentanyl crisis right now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2018, 02:57 PM

4,096 posts, read 3,725,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cid911 View Post
congratulations Colombia, now Colombia is e legitimate target for Russian nuclear missiles. what is going to be colombia's role in NATO? provide soldiers for future Americas wars. Colombia is opening the door for wars and chaos in Latin America. well you couldn't expect less from one of usa's vassal states.
Russian nuclear bombers were already flying over Colombia even before it ever decided to join NATO. I already posted a video of one such incident.

Colombia has little trust in the rest of Latin America. During the guerrilla FARC violence toward its citizens, the other South American countries refused to classify FARC as a terrorist group - they didn't even do so right until the day they demobilised last year, unlike the EU, USA & Canada who classified both the FARC/ELN guerillas as terrorists as well as the AUC paramilitaries. However, some South American governments jumped at the chance of denouncing the AUC as terrorists, which of course they were, but were happy to turn a blind eye to FARC and there is contested proof that some countries even supported this terrorist organisation both financially & operationally.

UNASUR which was Brazil's attempt at creating an EU purposefully attempted to isolate Colombia (despite also being a member). This division came to a head when the Colombian military used a smart bomb to take out a high-level FARC camp 1 mile within Ecuadorian territory in the middle of the Amazon jungle. What these guerrilla groups would do is attack Colombia and flee back into neighbouring Venezuela and Ecuador where they were protected by these governments with the indifference/borderline support of Brazil, Argentina, Bolivia and even arguably Chile & Uruguay. Chavez would constantly send troops to the Colombian border as a provocation of war and even held a minute silence for fallen FARC commanders. War didn't happen because the Colombian government ignored Chavez's provocations and didn't reciprocate. Peru was the only government that actively tried to mediate the situation.

Therefore, Colombia is pursuing ever closer ties with its true allies which are the NATO founder countries. Recently Chile, Peru and Mexico have also come into the fold as strong Colombian allies and apart from Venezuela and Bolivia there's been little to no objection from the rest of Latin America as attitudes have changed.

Old 05-30-2018, 03:15 PM

11,554 posts, read 9,325,947 times
Doesn't Colombia have good relations with some other South American countries tho? I believe Colombia has a decent relationship with Chile and Peru. And with Mexico as well

Seems to me like most Peruvians were really open to Colombians, and even to Venezuelans

Old 05-30-2018, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warszawa View Post
Doesn't Colombia have good relations with some other South American countries tho? I believe Colombia has a decent relationship with Chile and Peru. And with Mexico as well

Seems to me like most Peruvians were really open to Colombians, and even to Venezuelans
Yes, relations are good, very good in fact, especially with Peru and Mexico - remember I'm talking about government level rather than social attitudes. Things have also changed considerably in recent years. However, this doesn't change the fact that Colombia when it came down to it couldn't rely on support from the region regarding its internal conflict and instead actually received isolationist and opposition tactics. This contrasts with the support from outside, especially from NATO founder countries. Peru was the only country that sort of stood by Colombia's side although they couldn't do much for fear of reprisals from the rest of the region as well.

Old 06-02-2018, 12:53 AM

Honouring 65 years of Colombia's participation in liberating South Korea, one of the band member's grandparents were involved in the war. Colombia was the only Latin American country to fight for South Korean liberation as a NATO ally. The video was filmed in Popayan, there is a carranga-folk base to the song (Eastern Andean genre) and it has nearly 140 million views.

Trivia: Despite Popayan only being Colombia's 20th largest city it has given the country the most number of presidents.

Colombia in the Korean war.

Old 06-02-2018, 06:50 PM

439 posts, read 522,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLuis View Post
Central America? No way jose. We don't want any sort of unionwith those poor ignorant Native indians. Lets keep South America white.
Hahaha

Old 06-02-2018, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pueblofuerte View Post
I wonder why countries such as Singapore and Liechtenstein aren't in the OECD? I imagine its because the OECD has certain strict transparency requirements that they don't provide as tax havens. Probably also why
Quote:
Panama will never be admitted in the foreseeable future
If that is the case, then the US should be thrown out of that group.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...er-switzerland
https://www.forbes.com/sites/russala.../#6605f7495386

Old 06-02-2018, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLuis View Post
Central America? No way jose. We don't want any sort of unionwith those poor ignorant Native indians. Lets keep South America white.
Lol qqq

South America has very large native American populations, much greater than anywhere in Central America, except Guatemala. Peru and Bolivia have tons of Native American history and culture, it's quite amazing. And some of the fastest growing economies on the continent too! When I was on a bus in Peru they were playing announcements in Spanish and in Quechua. And in Cuzco they still have people wearing traditional dresses

It's funny how certain other nationalities make fun of Peruvians, when Peru at the moment is a much better place to live

Old 06-03-2018, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warszawa View Post
Lol qqq

South America has very large native American populations, much greater than anywhere in Central America, except Guatemala. Peru and Bolivia have tons of Native American history and culture, it's quite amazing. And some of the fastest growing economies on the continent too! When I was on a bus in Peru they were playing announcements in Spanish and in Quechua. And in Cuzco they still have people wearing traditional dresses

It's funny how certain other nationalities make fun of Peruvians, when Peru at the moment is a much better place to live
Urban Luis was being sarcastic. Didn't you get the joke?

Old 06-04-2018, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by folicure View Post
Urban Luis was being sarcastic. Didn't you get the joke?
Lol I got the sarcasm, just don't get why people think that South America is all white. It's a very mixed continent with lots of proud Native American history
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World