Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2018, 09:29 AM

7,032 posts, read 14,477,372 times

Advertisements

Another thing that really confused me about history was that Germany and China maintained fairly good relations even well into WWII and it was only after pressure from Japan that the alliance was broken.

I definitely feel Chinese people have a much higher opinion of Germans compared to Americans. Many Chinese admire Germans for their work ethic, especially when it comes to the emphasis on efficiency and working smarter, not harder.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2018, 12:15 AM

9,229 posts, read 9,751,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragnarkar View Post
Another thing that really confused me about history was that Germany and China maintained fairly good relations even well into WWII and it was only after pressure from Japan that the alliance was broken.

I definitely feel Chinese people have a much higher opinion of Germans compared to Americans. Many Chinese admire Germans for their work ethic, especially when it comes to the emphasis on efficiency and working smarter, not harder.
Chinese people praise Germans AND Jews a lot, something you do not see in other countries.

News in China rarely says anything negative about ANY other government, except when there is a conflict going on (such as the trade war).

Old 07-15-2018, 05:23 AM

11,039 posts, read 16,854,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by philopower View Post
Germans have a large inferiority complex, they can’t get over that mein empire was destroyed by the “dumb” Americans in world war 2. They think they are superior to Americans and their actions show it. Their EU empire is falling right in front of their eyes because of the Americans once again and they will do anything to stop it, even if it means allying with a bona fide dictator. A grudge is a powerful thing.
Where the hell did you come up with this? I’ve known many Germans in and outside of the US and never encountered this in the least

Old 07-18-2018, 02:56 AM

1,982 posts, read 2,088,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattks View Post
China treats business like business. They don’t name call and trash other countries and **** off their citizens.

That said, there are frequently anti-China protests all over the world. China wants money and recognition, they could care less about other countries internal politics.
Um, that is far from the truth. China regularly bashes its neighbors and have on numerous occasions called for boycotts of Korean or Japan, and I assume other, goods because they had disagreements. Only once, currently under an unpopular and very different leader, has the US done anything similar, encouraging boycotts of nations' goods over political disagreements.

Old 07-18-2018, 03:33 AM

9,229 posts, read 9,751,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parhe View Post
Um, that is far from the truth. China regularly bashes its neighbors and have on numerous occasions called for boycotts of Korean or Japan, and I assume other, goods because they had disagreements. Only once, currently under an unpopular and very different leader, has the US done anything similar, encouraging boycotts of nations' goods over political disagreements.
China government never officially launched the boycotts though. Only some people did. You can say China allows it.

Old 07-18-2018, 05:54 AM

1,982 posts, read 2,088,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
China government never officially launched the boycotts though. Only some people did. You can say China allows it.
I am sorry for not being clear. When I said "China" I mean't an unclear mix of the population and the government. However, I think it is fair to say that it is more than the Chinese government simply allowing it. With the recent THAAD issue, the Chinese government, or at least parts of it, seemed supportive of the boycott on Korean tourism and targeted Lotte.

None of this is an argument on whether or not I think China's, people or government, actions are "good" or "fair," I am not interested in that conversation here, but me merely trying to rebuke the idea that business, in this sense economics, is just business.

Old 07-18-2018, 03:47 PM

4,668 posts, read 3,896,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parhe View Post
Thats true, but outside its immediate peripheral, I don't think its still true. China doesn't tend to bash countries in Europe, Africa, or the Americas, I'm sure exceptions can be found, but its not a regular occurrence. But yeah, there is a lot of tension with many of Chinas neighbors, from Vietnam, Cambodia, Korea, Japan, Taiwan, Philippines, etc.

The US, and other countries, regularly using organizations like the human rights council on the UN, the WTO, and other parts of the UN to belittle countries and bash them. Our votes often limit financial support for other countries in our crosshairs. Despite what many people might think, China doesn't have a lot of influence in the UN or WTO and it would only hurt them to make more enemies outside their traditional adversaries.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World