Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2018, 06:27 PM

4,985 posts, read 3,967,503 times

Advertisements

willing to?
USA locales:

1. West By-God Virginia.
2. North Dam-kota.
3. New nothing-about-it Mexico.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2018, 08:16 PM

30,371 posts, read 19,162,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by projectmaximus View Post
Thank you for sharing. Baku, Yerevan, Kiev and Kharkov all seem very nice.

I think I could do Da Nang but since I've never even been to Vietnam I thought it was safer to stick with HCMC. But yes, I would definitely consider Da Nang.

Guayaquil, again I have no idea, but I would guess it's much less likely to fit me. Closer to 10-20%. Definitely hope to visit and see for myself.

Prague's big advantage is the sizable Vietnamese population. I am unaware of any parallel in Bulgaria (My family needs East Asian or Southeast Asian amenities to survive lol)

I think I would love Buenos Aires, but is it that cheap to be in the conversation? Arequipa is intriguing...it is a bit on the small side and I don't know if it has much Asian population, but their seems to be deeply ingrained Chinese influence throughout Peru so maybe it would work for me.
BA is definitely cheap right now...that could change if the Argentinian currency goes back up but right now is the time to buy in Argentina with dollars I think. I lived and worked in Arequipa for 17 months and it's an excellent little city in my opinion...fantastic climate, friendly people and very inexpensive.

There's not much Asian influence in Arequipa, that's more common I believe in Lima.

Old 11-20-2018, 07:58 AM

7,778 posts, read 10,166,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
BA is definitely cheap right now...that could change if the Argentinian currency goes back up but right now is the time to buy in Argentina with dollars I think. I lived and worked in Arequipa for 17 months and it's an excellent little city in my opinion...fantastic climate, friendly people and very inexpensive.

There's not much Asian influence in Arequipa, that's more common I believe in Lima.
Thanks good info! Yeah, I have heard there are Chinese in many parts of Peru (though they are quite assimilated) but it's probably only most notable in Lima. My wife's great grandfather (Chinese) is buried in Lima.

Old 11-20-2018, 03:49 PM

7,685 posts, read 6,196,107 times
Kingdom of the most high!

= Heaven!

The rest doesn't even compete IMHO.

Old 11-20-2018, 06:18 PM

5,869 posts, read 4,210,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by projectmaximus View Post
Thanks good info! Yeah, I have heard there are Chinese in many parts of Peru (though they are quite assimilated) but it's probably only most notable in Lima. My wife's great grandfather (Chinese) is buried in Lima.
During WWII, there were 25,000 Japanese-Peruvians, and the US arrested over 2,000 of them, stole their belongings and interned them in the US. You/re never safe anywhere.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-31295270

Old 11-27-2018, 04:01 AM

5,869 posts, read 4,210,466 times
The lowest COL places aren't so bad. The lowest I've been to are:
--Somalia, 5 days
--Burundi, 10 days
--Dem. Congo, 3 days
--Liberia, a week
--Malawi, 3 weeks

Congo and Somalia would be problematic, for reasons unrelated to their economics. The others I could live in as well as most other under-developed countries.

Old 12-01-2018, 10:52 PM

417 posts, read 445,236 times
Sri Lanka would be at the top of my list. I also really enjoyed Thailand, Ecuador, and Nicaragua, and would be comfortable living in any of these countries.

Old 12-02-2018, 06:22 PM

30,371 posts, read 19,162,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tone77 View Post
Sri Lanka would be at the top of my list. I also really enjoyed Thailand, Ecuador, and Nicaragua, and would be comfortable living in any of these countries.
I could live in the nicest part of Sri Lanka but it is pretty 3rd world over much of the country. We were staying at a 5 star hotel in Colombo and while we ate breakfast, the hotel had guys with slingshots shooting pebbles at aggressive birds trying to help themselves to breakfast....lol

Old 12-03-2018, 10:22 AM

155 posts, read 149,046 times
From the places we recently visited I'd include Cuenca and Vilcabamba in Ecuador, San Isidro and La Fortuna in Costa Rica, Medellin in Colombia, Cusco and Arequipa in Peru, Boquete in Panama, Santiago and Valparaiso in Chile, Mendoza and BA in Argentina ... and if you like hot weather there are many great places in SE Asia.
Then there are various places in Spain and Portugal which are also attractive.
So much choice ...

Old 12-03-2018, 04:43 PM

1,972 posts, read 1,280,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatMil View Post
From the places we recently visited I'd include Cuenca and Vilcabamba in Ecuador, San Isidro and La Fortuna in Costa Rica, Medellin in Colombia, Cusco and Arequipa in Peru, Boquete in Panama, Santiago and Valparaiso in Chile, Mendoza and BA in Argentina ... and if you like hot weather there are many great places in SE Asia.
Then there are various places in Spain and Portugal which are also attractive.
So much choice ...

Well yeah. They are Portugal and Spain after all. Not exactly roughing it, isn't it?!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World