Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Where would you choose to live?
Canada 45 27.95%
United Kingdom 36 22.36%
Australia 52 32.30%
New Zealand 28 17.39%
Voters: 161. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2019, 01:12 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,839,694 times

Advertisements

I grew up in Canada, and it would be my first choice if it weren't for the severe winters and housing costs. So, I'm thinking New Zealand. Looks absolutely beautiful, and seems like a calm, peaceful country. Not unlike Canada.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2019, 03:42 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,548,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
I grew up in Canada, and it would be my first choice if it weren't for the severe winters and housing costs. So, I'm thinking New Zealand. Looks absolutely beautiful, and seems like a calm, peaceful country. Not unlike Canada.
Come to BC ! Parts of BC are very similar to New Zealand.

Old 04-05-2019, 03:44 PM

676 posts, read 647,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
I wouldn't say NZ is small geographically -small is somewhere like Tonga or Nauru
Those are positively tiny countries. New Zealand is definitely on the smaller side on the world stage, I think they're just about to hit 5 million this year. But I think there are plenty of economic opportunities there in spite of a relatively low population.

Old 04-05-2019, 04:34 PM

4,481 posts, read 3,638,650 times
I would live in a UK village like one of the villages in the series Midsomer Murders.
I would definitely consider Ireland and Scotland as well.

Old 04-05-2019, 06:15 PM

7,777 posts, read 10,158,094 times
Looks like I instinctually voted for Canada when this thread was created, but I never posted in this thread. I picked Canada at the time because I am the most familiar with it (actually it's the only one of the options I have been to in fact) and I can confidently say that I would be quite happy living in at least four cities and probably comfortable enough in about a dozen. Winters would be a drag, and my wife would probably insist on Vancouver, but I have no doubt Canada would be more than adequate for us.

But upon further reflection, I could convince myself that UK or Australia would be better options. They both offer multiple livable cities and (if including territories) better climates as well. Although I have never been, I am pretty sure London is in my top two cities so how could I go wrong there? And Melbourne and Sydney are not far behind. Tough decision for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wikiwikirunner View Post
I think I could be happy in both Australia and the UK, and coincidentally, currently have options to move to either. I think while I'm young, I would prefer the UK for the better travel opportunities and convenience of the (blanket statement here) European lifestyle and infrastructure, but I could certainly see myself living in Australia more long-term when I want to settle down and raise a family. My partner is Aussie so that is something I've thought a lot about.
Will you be returning to Spain?

Old 04-05-2019, 06:54 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,839,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
Come to BC ! Parts of BC are very similar to New Zealand.
Ha! If I could afford it, I'd consider it!

Old 04-05-2019, 09:22 PM

603 posts, read 442,588 times
If I was forced I’d choose Australia.... It’s most like the US in many ways but without the freezing horror of Canada. If it was a choice of just English speaking countries it would be Singapore hands down

Old 04-06-2019, 10:12 AM

22,216 posts, read 21,667,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by svelten View Post
Those are positively tiny countries. New Zealand is definitely on the smaller side on the world stage, I think they're just about to hit 5 million this year. But I think there are plenty of economic opportunities there in spite of a relatively low population.
I was meaning in terms of area. I would consider Israel or El Salvador small countries.

Yes, plenty of economic opportunities in NZ.

Old 04-06-2019, 10:38 AM

17,342 posts, read 11,274,075 times
Well, I voted for New Zealand because it looks beautiful and only has a pop of 5 million. When can I move? Give me a couple of weeks and I'm there!

Old 04-06-2019, 11:16 AM

18,504 posts, read 15,548,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
Ha! If I could afford it, I'd consider it!
There is more to BC than just Vancouver. Many places have affordable real estate. Small towns on Vancouver Island for instance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World