Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2019, 01:39 AM

5 posts, read 3,102 times

Advertisements

If I was a rich man and I murdered someone, a nobody, a peasant, I would most likely be apprehended, sent
to court and then go to prison, even though I am rich...... why doesn't the same thing work for nations?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why did the world fought against Japan and Germany when they did evil but when the US does evil it isn't punished? And let's stop pretending you don't know what evils it's done.....

Why is it when the US topples democratically elected governments..... it isn't punished?

Why is it that Iran is being punished with sanctions but when the US decided to invade Panama it wasn't punished?

Why is it that Venezuela is being punished with sanctions but when the US decided to invade Iraq it wasn't punished?

Why is it that after the US decided to kill millions in Vietnam, it wasn't punished but when Vietnam won the war, it was punished?

Why is it when they get bombed, it is wrong but when they use drones, it is right?

Why was 9/11 wrong but the atomic bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki are right?

They get hurt, it is wrong, others get hurt, it is right?

Where is the justice there? Seriously, where is the justice?

Old 03-03-2019, 02:39 AM

1,764 posts, read 1,025,109 times
Because the US is a superpower. It has been that way since the outcome of WW2. Superpowers don't last forever and America overcall compared to world history is a really short superpower. Always throughout history there been a country or tribe that is far stronger than another country and tribe and bully it and take advantage of it. Unfortunately that the way the world has always been.

Yet if there is no justice in this life, as a man of faith I believe justice can be served in the next life.

Old 03-03-2019, 03:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by herenow1 View Post
Superpowers don't last forever and America overcall compared to world history is a really short superpower.
I hope so and when it no longer is one, the world should make it pay for its crimes.

Quote:
Yet if there is no justice in this life, as a man of faith I believe justice can be served in the next life.
I feel you but I also hope that the people, especially the relatives of those who have died, will get justice.

Old 03-03-2019, 05:37 AM

1,764 posts, read 1,025,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donteattoomuchsalt View Post
I hope so and when it no longer is one, the world should make it pay for its crimes.

I feel you but I also hope that the people, especially the relatives of those who have died, will get justice.
The US is very likely to remain a superpower for a couple of more decades at least. Even if the next superpower that overtakes America I doubt will be more benignant. There are good politicians in the US and can bring changes such as Bernie Sanders and Ron Paul. If only they become presidents. They are anti-interventionism.

Old 03-03-2019, 08:02 AM

27,547 posts, read 28,630,498 times
Can the OP explain why he keeps creating new user accounts and asks the same question over and over again?

Old 03-03-2019, 08:18 AM

16,588 posts, read 27,377,194 times
While I acknowledge some of the things the OP has said, there is another side to this as well. The US is also a stabilizing power on the world stage. For example, what keeps Russia from attacking countries in Europe is NATO and the largest funder of NATO is the US.

Old 03-03-2019, 08:24 AM

Quote:
There are good politicians in the US......
No there are none. It doesn't matter who rules them, nothing will change.

Old 03-03-2019, 08:36 AM

13,496 posts, read 18,180,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donteattoomuchsalt View Post
If I was a rich man and I murdered someone, a nobody, a peasant, I would most likely be apprehended, sent
to court and then go to prison, even though I am rich...... why doesn't the same thing work for nations?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

....Where is the justice there? Seriously, where is the justice?
Comparing nations to individuals is like comparing cats to mice.

Old 03-03-2019, 08:42 AM

334 posts, read 227,015 times
How many new accounts is this now asking the same lame question?

Old 03-03-2019, 11:49 AM

5,699 posts, read 4,920,492 times
Maybe because very few countries actually think of the US as being “evil” and even less would be crazy enough to target a nuclear power, after all why do you think the US and the Soviet Union ever escalated to a hot war? Despite all of the flaws of the US, the world would be much worse with out it. The last thing you want is a power vacuum of that magnitude left behind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World