Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2019, 02:03 PM

95 posts, read 69,501 times

Advertisements

The majority of Spaniards detest the bad education of President of USA D.Trump.-
But many Spaniards they recognize that if the Americans choose it,ir will be because it is a magnificent negotiator defending their interest although with brutal forms ,.-
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2019, 01:12 AM

2,230 posts, read 1,718,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vidio View Post
The majority of Spaniards detest the bad education of President of USA D.Trump.-
But many Spaniards they recognize that if the Americans choose it,ir will be because it is a magnificent negotiator defending their interest although with brutal forms ,.-
their interest? whose? Do you mean the billionaires friends of Trump who don't need to pay taxes?

Old 06-17-2019, 11:01 AM

16,565 posts, read 10,653,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
In 1995 I had the chance to visit France (French Riviera). I was excited because France is where most of my ancestors originated (family names include Bordelon, Chiasson, and Benoit). However, the attitude I encountered through the area made me swear off France. Today I tell people my experience of France is beautiful country except for the people. I enjoyed Spain, Italy, Malta, Greece, and Israel over France. There are probably more rural areas of France with more friendly and cordial people but my first, second, and third cities visited were all met with horrible people.
I made my one and (so far) only trip to France in 1982. I will always remember with fondness the elderly couple who took me back to my hotel when I got hopelessly lost in Angers, and the proprietress of the bar in Chinon who, upon finding out that I was an American, insisted that my drink was on the house and refused to accept the money I offered.

As for the Parisians, the less said about them, the better.

Old 06-17-2019, 11:31 AM

6,467 posts, read 8,196,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Way Resident View Post
France is always portrayed as a very sophisticated country in American media.
Even motor racing is way more sophisticated in France. Think Le Mans versus NASCAR.

Old 06-18-2019, 10:26 AM

1,891 posts, read 1,687,339 times
Urdiales, is it you again? Creating the thread?

As soon as I see 'France' in the thread, I know it ll be funny honhonhon

Old 06-18-2019, 11:49 AM

27,597 posts, read 28,700,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Where did you get the idea, that Americans admire France?

It is true.

Tell anybody you're going on a trip to Paris and immediately their eyebrows go up.

Old 06-18-2019, 04:04 PM

3,877 posts, read 3,901,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cebuan View Post
Americans hate France because they refused to accept the Cheney-Rumsfeld bribes to take part in the mindless murderous vandalism spree to destroy Iraq and Afghanistan in a fit of, well, pique. Before that, we didn't like them very much because they had their own language ("pique") and reputedly weren't very interested in switching to English for the Americans' convenience.
France like most other countries is rather irrelevant to the average American.

Old 06-18-2019, 05:53 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,376,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
It is true.

Tell anybody you're going on a trip to Paris and immediately their eyebrows go up.
I would agree. Anti-French sentiment in America is largely a cultural holdover from the British, and only the most jingoistic of American conservatives actually take France-bashing seriously. For the most part, Americans admire France for its cultural contributions to the world. Even Americans who only know the barest stereotypes of the country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean1the1 View Post
France like most other countries is rather irrelevant to the average American.
Average people everywhere see other countries as rather irrelevant unless they have to work in or travel through them. Or they pose a threat.

Old 06-18-2019, 05:54 PM

2,452 posts, read 2,384,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vidio View Post
You know why ?
It really depends on who you ask. Most Americans i know desire London more than Paris.

Old 06-19-2019, 06:26 AM

67,650 posts, read 61,009,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Way Resident View Post
France is always portrayed as a very sophisticated country in American media.
Really? I hadn't noticed.

Most Americans don't spend much time with France even crossing their minds. When they do, it's usually Paris, which is one of the world's greatest cities, along with Tokyo, London, NYC, etc. That or D-Day - LOL. Believe me, we're not sitting around thinking much about France at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World