Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2019, 04:33 AM

95 posts, read 69,406 times

Advertisements

In your experiencie of traveler by the World what country and which city you like more and less your organization cleanliness,etc

It must be borne in mind that in the same Country there are cities that are cleaner and more organized
then others.,-

Also counts the design and maintenance of urban fourniture ,benches ,indicators gardening,ornaments ,etc

Maybe you have be better to separate your commentary from the best and worst cities by the differents Continents,etc
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2019, 08:33 AM

5,025 posts, read 5,672,038 times
I have generally heard that Singapore is the cleanest city in the world on a number of levels.

In the Americas, the cleanest major city I have seen to this point is probably Vancouver. Out of US cities, I am not quite sure there is an equivalent for that. Toronto is also remarkably clean, organized, etc., given it's size.

In Europe, cities are mostly relatively clean by most global standards, however, I have the impression that Northern and Central Europe are the most so. I have not been to Central Europe though, so speaking to the ones I have been to, the Scandinavian capitals (esp. Helsinki) are nearly immaculate.

Sydney's downtown I found to be the cleanest of any stretch of Oceania, but Auckland was also quite clean.

In the Asia Pacific, so far I can only speak to Tokyo, Hong Kong and Beijing, all of which are pretty clean and organized by global standards IMO. Hong Kong has the most pristine, shiny stretches... but Tokyo as a whole has less very grimy areas, and on organization, it is immaculate and unmatched in the world.

Old 06-09-2019, 08:54 AM

27,564 posts, read 28,659,961 times
Of the cities I've been to, Toronto and Dubai strike me as being cleaner than most.

Washington DC is clean and beautiful in the tourist areas, particularly during the Cherry Blossoms in the Spring.

Old 06-09-2019, 10:05 AM

8,484 posts, read 6,889,316 times
Singapore. Tokyo.

Old 06-09-2019, 02:24 PM

4,096 posts, read 3,725,678 times
In the Americas Medellin is extremely clean. They even have the first Recycle for Points banks system in the world whereby by recycling you accumulate points to pay for Mobile/Cell Phone Credit, household bills, public transport or Cinema & grocery vouchers etc.

Old 06-09-2019, 02:28 PM

9,229 posts, read 9,756,796 times
Chinese cities have pretty clean business areas. But if you go to the older residential areas, it can be messy.
Northern and Central Europe all look very clean, but I think it is largely due to their low population density.

In America, New York is terrible, but other major cities are OK. Small cities are usually very clean.

Old 06-09-2019, 02:52 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,552,312 times
A lot of clean cities around the world.

Vienna comes to mind, but I bet a citizen of that city could probably point out an area that may not be so clean?

Someone mentioned Vancouver. Yes it's clean, not as clean as it used to be, and I can show you one part of town that is less than stellar, but overall, ya clean.

Old 06-09-2019, 03:07 PM

10,635 posts, read 16,701,596 times
Zurich in Switzerland was immaculate when I visited years ago. I don't remember a single piece of litter.

Old 06-09-2019, 04:49 PM

3,602 posts, read 2,307,469 times
Singapore, incredibly clean and organised especially considering the population density.

I have to say that when I come home from overseas I usually notice how clean Sydney is. I particularly noticed this when returning from Vietnam recently and also from South America.

Old 06-09-2019, 04:56 PM

4,985 posts, read 3,965,100 times
yes.
agree with BCD above:
Dubia was spotless every time.
i would not want to live there, though.

in the USA: Milwaukee.
only went there once.
it made an impression.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World