Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2019, 10:21 AM

7,363 posts, read 8,307,806 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by backpaker View Post
urbanluis Is a reflection of the stupidity of the young modern masses, If you correct them or you disagree with them, then you are automatically racist, or a troll.
LOL The funny thing is I never called ''bacpacker'' racist, I called her other account xiloponmbues or what ever racist. ..troll.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2019, 10:29 AM

290 posts, read 176,333 times
Note that all I said is that Chicago has a lot of Mexican people, not a lot of Latin American people.

We all know that Latin America Comprises :
Mexico and middle America
the West Indies
the very large continent of south America.

And there are many migrants from Mexico in Chicago, not from the other places in Latin America.

And his responses I am racist I am crazy I am neurotic....

Old 11-11-2019, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Note that all I said is that Chicago has a lot of Mexican people, not a lot of Latin American people.

We all know that Latin America Comprises :
Mexico and middle America
the West Indies
the very large continent of south America.

And there are many migrants from Mexico in Chicago, not from the other places in Latin America.

And his responses I am racist I am crazy I am neurotic....
No never called you racist in reply to that post. Please learn how to read.

There are many latinos from other countries in Chicago, so you are wrong on that point anyways.

Old 11-11-2019, 10:42 AM

This is useless, I am placing this fella under the "ignored" category.

Old 11-11-2019, 11:22 AM

Quote:
This is useless, I am placing this fella under the "ignored" category.
Oh no please don't.

Old 11-11-2019, 01:23 PM

14,808 posts, read 11,891,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLuis View Post
The vast majority are of Carribean or African background. Why is that so hard to believe? It's not like they make up a huge population of the city anyway. There are far more Chinese and Indians in Toronto.
So no black people in Toronto are born in Toronto and if they are they're not American/Canadian like their compatriots south of the border but African?

Old 11-11-2019, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
So no black people in Toronto are born in Toronto and if they are they're not American/Canadian like their compatriots south of the border but African?
Obviously some are born in Toronto. Immigrants have kids, lol. What exactly is so hard for you to understand?

Old 11-11-2019, 07:38 PM

4,147 posts, read 2,910,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugartooth View Post
After spending time in Singapore and Hong Kong they are more different than I initially thought. Singapore has a year-round hot tropical climate, while Hong Kong has a sub-tropical climate with relatively cool winters. Singapore has a much more diverse local population and a large expatriate people from the all over the world living alongside the locals. Hong Kong in comparison is overwhelmingly Chinese/Cantonese and the expatriate population seems more cut-off from the locals. Also English is very widely spoken in Singapore and Singapore locals tend to be quite bi-lingual. Hong Kong is surprisingly mono-lingual with comparatively few people having good English speaking skills. Hong Kong culture also feels more traditional Cantonese, while Singapore is more pan-Asian and has a more global feel to it. Singapore also has less green spaces to escape to compared to Hong Kong, where something like 70% of the land area is protected forestland. I would also say that Singapore feels a bit wealthier and the standard of living is a bit higher than Hong Kong.
That's why I say that Singapore and NYC are more different than people would think. NYC and Hong Kong are very similar other than the weather and the fact that HK is mostly Chinese. Singapore is not too similar to either NYC or Hong Kong.

Old 11-12-2019, 04:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
His wording is so innacurate, it leaves room for misunderstanding.

Same thing with the claim Toronto has very few Latin Americans and Chicago has a lot.

The reality is Chicago has a Larger number of Latin Americans than Toronto, but if you look closer it is just vastly overwhelmingly Mexicans. It is rather rare to find anyone from south America or the West Indies in Chicago.

Toronto has far more Latin Americans than Chicago.
There are vibrant communities of Brazilians, Argentines, Chileans, Paraguayans, West Indies people, Panamenians in Toronto, that do not exist in Chicago. But in his mind many Mexicans means tons of latin Americans.

Sort of as if I were to claim that there are more Europeans in my house than in the neighbors house, because the are 200 Europeans here versus 45 europeans there.
Yet those 200 people in my house come exclusively from Albania, while the 45 euopeans next door coome from the 45 different european counties hence all of Europe is represented there, not here.

His wording lacks the inclusion of variables, thus he gets confusing to understand, and then if you try to correct him he gets defensive.

Last edited by backpaker; 11-12-2019 at 05:08 AM..

Old 11-12-2019, 05:13 AM

ABSOLUTE SPEECH, Europeans love drinking tea because I went to Leeds in the UK and saw everyone doing it.

CORRECTION, British love drinking tea, not Europeans.

ABSOLUTE LOGIC, Well, the Britsh are European,therefore Europeans love drinking tea.

Last edited by backpaker; 11-12-2019 at 05:39 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World