Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Where are the best places to live if you're extremely wealthy? Pick two
Dubai 11 16.67%
Los Angeles (LA) 32 48.48%
New York 28 42.42%
London 35 53.03%
Stockholm 10 15.15%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2020, 09:57 AM

12 posts, read 13,828 times

Advertisements

I'd like honest and detailed comparisons. In particular: Hawt Women (very mixed); Latitudes and climates (warm/temperate); Size of City (exploring); Nice people or highly skilled workers; and anything else you think is worth mentioning.

Thanks to all that chime in
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2020, 02:07 PM

330 posts, read 293,386 times
As a LA native living and working in NYC, I can see myself splitting the rest of my life living between New York City and Los Angeles(may be including San Francisco as well) if I were extremely wealthy.

New York City, Los Angeles and San Francisco are some of the very best cities on this planet.

I haven’t been to London and Dubai so I can’t comment on these two.

Old 04-10-2020, 03:50 PM

801 posts, read 1,512,494 times
LA and London. New York is great but there's nothing you can't have there that you can't have in LA or London. You get better weather in LA, cleaner public transportation in London, and a bigger variety of weekend trips in both.

Old 04-10-2020, 04:06 PM

330 posts, read 293,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iMarvin View Post
LA and London. New York is great but there's nothing you can't have there that you can't have in LA or London. You get better weather in LA, cleaner public transportation in London, and a bigger variety of weekend trips in both.
Different cities have different interesting characteristics and beauties and different people have different preferences. I’m not trying to argue about that. But as far as urban scale, culture, depth and variety are concerned, there is no where in the US that even remotely touches Manhattan. I don’t know about London though since I haven’t been there. But I have been to other cities like Tokyo, Singapore, Hong Kong and for me still New York City is the best above all on an urban level.

But at the same time, I agree LA(my hometown) offers better weather, access to outdoor activities and natural beauty. That is the reason I choose NYC and LA on this list. LA’s weather and natural beauty + NYC’s urban scale, depth, variety and culture, I honestly don’t think I can get anything better out of this world.

Last edited by SnobbishDude; 04-10-2020 at 04:28 PM..

Old 04-10-2020, 05:19 PM

30,612 posts, read 18,187,363 times
If I'm extremely wealthy, I don't care about public transportation as I'll have other means of transportation available to me as a primary means.

I do care about amenities, cuisine, taxes, personal freedom, and weather, among other things.

Its hard to go wrong as an extremely wealthy person in either of those cities I'd wager (the extremely wealthy often live by a different set of rules anyway), but I'd probably pick NYC and London.

Note, out of the extremely wealthy that I hear and read about in the news and on social media, it seems to be that people from Dubai and surrounding areas are taking more trips to Europe/USA than the reverse is true. This is similar to wealthy Chinese barons buying properties and sending their children to school in Europe/USA.

Old 04-11-2020, 05:10 AM

It is shown that New York is better Overall and has more Wealth than Los Angeles so I think Los Angeles is more laid back, is that true? However, London ranks Highest in Lifestyle.

Source:

Old 04-11-2020, 05:36 AM

Dubai's been labelled: The Future City but I've heard that the Islands are sinking, is that true?

Old 04-11-2020, 01:32 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,613,829 times
New York and London for sure out of this list. LA screams car and I don't like the heat, Dubai runs on Islam code which is instant no for me and my girlfriend, and I know nothing of Stockholm and don't really have interest in Sweden.

Old 04-11-2020, 01:51 PM

505 posts, read 514,227 times
i wouldnt choose to live in any of those places.

Old 04-11-2020, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedneckRebel View Post
i wouldnt choose to live in any of those places.
And if you're extremely wealthy?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World