Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What City has hawtest Women?
Los Angeles (LA) 14 25.45%
London 2 3.64%
New York (NY) 6 10.91%
Paris 3 5.45%
Stockholm 8 14.55%
Dubai 4 7.27%
Miami 18 32.73%
Milan 0 0%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2020, 04:18 PM

7,363 posts, read 8,405,340 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pueblofuerte View Post
Yes they're all Latinos, they just don't exist in LA. You keep harping back to the same tired record, which is far from what I meant but you do you.

Talk about broken record. Black central Americans don't exists in LA? LMAOOOOOO Clearly have NO clue what your talking about.

Old 04-24-2020, 04:20 PM

4,096 posts, read 3,726,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLuis View Post
Talk about broken record. Black central Americans don't exists in LA? LMAOOOOOO Clearly have NO clue what your talking about.
0.00 of how many percent?

Old 04-24-2020, 04:24 PM

Quote:
0.00 of how many percent?
Yeah its 0.00 percent....does that make you feel better?

Old 04-24-2020, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Yeah its 0.00 percent....does that make you feel better?
Nope. It is what it is but its not representative of me, some members of my family and a huge founding society of the Latin American identity.

Old 04-24-2020, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Nope. It is what it is but its not representative of me, some members of my family and a huge founding member of the Latin American demographic.
yeah those with native ancesty are not founding members of latin AMerican demographics LMAO. SO your saying if people don't have your skin color you are not down with them...got it.

There are plenty of afro Latinos in LA. Despite what ever you say, and from my experience, despite there being more in Miami, they aren't better off there or treated better there.

Quote:

Many Mexicans and Chilangos don't even consider themselves "Latinos" anyway and are more prone to objecting to the term than say a Puerto Rican or a Venezuelan.
Many afro COlombians don't consider themselves Latinos and are more prone to just Identify as black....

Old 04-24-2020, 04:36 PM

425 posts, read 466,304 times
Quote:
My objection, and I made it clear in my following remarks, is that you don't use an all encompassing wide identifier, such as "Latino" for an excessively biased representation of one or two countries out of 20+ nations & territories. Like I said you don't say, "I like European food" when practically only Italian & San Marino cuisine is available. You don't say, "I like Asian women" when only Thais & Khmer are referenced.

In Miami you have far less bias. 16% of foreign born are Central American, 7% are Colombian, 6% are Mexican but just go outside Miami and 15% of Floridian "Latinos" are Mexican with Miami being the economic hub of the state, dwarfing Colombia's 2%. When you take into consideration 5 of the 6 largest populations in Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, Colombia, Argentina, Peru, Venezuela), they are excessively more represented in Miami than they are in Los Angeles, these are the facts. Not the 0.0whatever% percentages other "Latino" communities make up in the LA demographic.

Let me answer your accusational question with a question, So do you concede that Latin Americans of West African descent to register in your conscious mind as a group that should be represented even minimally? Your bias and that of every other person of the minimal nationalities represented significantly in LA shows. Once again I state whenever the "Latino" community of West African descent tries to promote true representation, we get pounded down into obscurity by the same actors.
How is it remotely possible to render the 60 to 70% of
Latinos who are Mexican as a bias?

What do you have to say of the predominantly Puerto Rican or Cuban majorities in New York and Miami?

Why is it so important that all Latino nationalities have significant representation in one municipality or metropolitan area? Such equal representation of all Latin nationalities in one city has never existed in the US. There are far too many factors to consider as to why certain demographics are displaced or voluntarily decide to settle in specific cities and not others.

Miami does not even have a plurality of all Latino nationalities represented! More than half of the Latino demographic in Miami city proper is of Cuban origin. So what? Good for Miami!

Only thing is.....the Miami metro area is only around 6.1 million.

The Los Angeles metro area is just over 13.2 million. An interesting side note, Los Angeles was founded by a multi racial group of settlers who were of African, Indigenous, and Spanish descent.

Btw, regarding your concern for Latinos of West Africans, there are communities in both the Miami and Los Angeles metros. Their community in Los Angeles just factors into the overall greater number of Latinos in LA.

Last edited by sf_arkitect; 04-24-2020 at 05:00 PM..

Old 04-24-2020, 04:42 PM

Quote:
yeah those with native ancesty are not founding members of latin AMerican demographics LMAO. SO your saying if people don't have your skin color you are not down with them...got it.
You've become an expert at putting false words in other people? What do you think the word TRINITY means?!? One of that trinity are the Native Americans. Let me just reply with a previous post.

Quote:
Especially if you want to stay clear of any black Latinas or Latinas of African descent, one of the trinity of founding pillars to the Latin American identity.
Quote:
Many afro COlombians don't consider themselves Latinos and are more prone to just Identify as black....
True. Many prefer the term Afro-descended and I applaud that because it shows a level of critical thought although they won't reject the term Afro-Colombian or Latino, many just prefer Afro-descended. Truth is Colombia is a non-country. It's an amalgamation of so many identities lumped together struggling to work together but critical thought and applying societal value to all these identities is seeing it through bit by bit. Representation is important to all communities to not acknowledge that is too deny value to some communities.

I'm enamoured with the Kogui (Native Americans by the way), I definitely consider them the elder brothers of humanity on a spiritual level unlike any other. So you're just making assumptions, conjuring your own set of what I mean through the prism of your own discriminatory experiences. I get it.

Old 04-24-2020, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sf_arkitect View Post
How is it remotely possible to render the 60 to 70% of
Latinos who are Mexican as a bias?

What do you have to say of the predominantly Puerto Rican or Cuban majorities in New York and Miami?

Why is it so important that all Latino nationalities have significant representation in one municipality or metropolitan area? Such equal representation of all Latin nationalities in one city has never existed in the US. There are far too many factors to consider as to why certain demographics are displaced or voluntarily decide to settle in specific cities and not others.

Miami does not even have a plurality of all Latino nationalities represented! More than half of the Latino demographic in Miami city proper is of Cuban origin. So what? Good for Miami!

There's incline towards one nationalty and then there's EXCESSIVE Incline!

Only thing is.....the Miami metro area is only around 6.1 million.

The Los Angeles metro area is just over 13.2 million.

Btw, regarding your concern for Latinos of West Africans, there are communities in both the Miami and Los Angeles metros. Their community in Los Angeles just factors into the overall greater number of Latinos in LA.
1. Huh? New York's Latino community makes up 16% it's the 3rd largest! And it makes up 6% of the Miami community, 15% in wider Florida. What about Peruvians and Ecuadorians, they're far more present in Miami and NYC also.

2. Again how many of the 0.000% are Latin American of West African descent in LA. The nations of Panama, Ecuador, Colombia and Venezuela together don't even make up 0.5% of the LatAm population in LA.

3. Cubans have had their share greatly reduced in Miami in the past years from 42% to little over 25%. The fastest growing communities in South Florida are Mexican, Guatemalan and Venezuelan. 16% are Central American.

There's incline to one nationality and then there is EXCESSIVE bias!

Old 04-24-2020, 05:02 PM

Quote:
You've become an expert at putting false words in other people? What do you think the word TRINITY means?!? One of that trinity are the Native Americans. Let me just reply with a previous post.
You have become an expert at covering up your tacks. Now I see you and irene are birds of a feather. It makes sense though...

Quote:
True. Many prefer the term Afro-descended and I applaud that because it shows a level of critical thought although they won't reject the term Afro-Colombian or Latino, many just prefer Afro-descended. Truth is Colombia is a non-country. It's an amalgamation of so many identities lumped together struggling to work together but critical thought and applying societal value to all these identities is seeing it through bit by bit. Representation is important to all communities to not acknowledge that is too deny value to some communities.

I'm enamoured with the Kogui (Native Americans by the way), I definitely consider them the elder brothers of humanity on a spiritual level unlike any other. So you're just making assumptions, conjuring your own set of what I mean through the prism of your own discriminatory experiences. I get it.
Yeah I have heard Colombians in person and read online express themselves terribly about the choco region, and refer to their Andean neighbors as ugly indians (indios feos). The racial lines are very real there so i get its hard for you not to view things through that lense.

You added that tirinity part later. Probably when you realized your mistake. If you are really so enamoured with others maybe you shouldn't have talked about phenotypes and social stauts.

Old 04-24-2020, 05:04 PM

425 posts, read 466,304 times
Quote:
1. Huh? New York's Latino community makes up 16% it's the 3rd largest! And it makes up 6% of the Miami community, 15% in wider Florida. What about Peruvians and Ecuadorians, they're far more present in Miami and NYC also.

2. Again how many of the 0.000% are Latin American of West African descent in LA. The nations of Panama, Ecuador, Colombia and Venezuela together don't even make up 0.5% of the LatAm population in LA.

3. Cubans have had their share greatly reduced in Miami in the past years from 42% to little over 25%. The fastest growing communities in South Florida are Mexican, Guatemalan and Venezuelan. 16% are Central American.

There's incline to one nationality and then there is EXCESSIVE bias!
All of the above are present in Los Angeles, just as in the other two metros. Los Angeles is one of the 10 largest urban economies in the world. To think the city would not attract a single person from Peru, or Colombia, or Ecuador, or Cuba is a bit ridiculous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World