Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is making amateur documentaries while traveling a worthwhile thing to do ?
Yes 3 60.00%
No 2 40.00%
It depends 0 0%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2020, 05:03 AM

297 posts, read 177,265 times

Advertisements

I've never been much of a take pictures/shoot videos type of person when it comes to the issue of traveling , yet on the other hand I've always been interested in creating original content not covered by the mainstream media ...

To be exact its my humble opinion that the mainstream media in my country is very much into pushing a skewed narrative regarding conditions in foreign countries , which is why the thought of creating amateur type documentaries about the places I'd visit during a hypothetical future trip appeals to me ...

So has anyone here ever actually done this ? If so then was it worth it or not ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2020, 08:42 AM

4,865 posts, read 10,520,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khan Vozdig View Post
I've never been much of a take pictures/shoot videos type of person when it comes to the issue of traveling , yet on the other hand I've always been interested in creating original content not covered by the mainstream media ...

To be exact its my humble opinion that the mainstream media in my country is very much into pushing a skewed narrative regarding conditions in foreign countries , which is why the thought of creating amateur type documentaries about the places I'd visit during a hypothetical future trip appeals to me ...

So has anyone here ever actually done this ? If so then was it worth it or not ?
A few guys from my country (Canada) did this and made an incredible series about travelling the world called Departures. It's very real, and they made 3 seasons of it, with just these 3 friends travelling the world and recording the things that happened. It was on Netflix until recently here, I would recommend it, it might give you some ideas. I can imagine it being very interesting television for a Hungarian audience that hasn't seen something like that before in Hungarian. I still sometimes think about the things I saw one Departures.

Old 04-18-2020, 09:19 AM

297 posts, read 177,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIMBAM View Post
A few guys from my country (Canada) did this and made an incredible series about travelling the world called Departures. It's very real, and they made 3 seasons of it, with just these 3 friends travelling the world and recording the things that happened. It was on Netflix until recently here, I would recommend it, it might give you some ideas. I can imagine it being very interesting television for a Hungarian audience that hasn't seen something like that before in Hungarian. I still sometimes think about the things I saw one Departures.

Thanks for the answer !

Old 04-19-2020, 03:40 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,336,832 times
Now more than ever since the platforms (such as Youtube) exist to share your work.

Old 04-21-2020, 07:39 AM

5,024 posts, read 5,661,738 times
I think yeah-I travel extensively and haven't thought of a proper way to do it-but I have a fair amount of knowledge and material to the point where I think "just doing it" is the idea. If you want to do it... go for it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World