Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2020, 08:25 AM

2,652 posts, read 3,408,741 times

Advertisements

Climate and environment of London
Well-ordered society, gastronomy, and service of Tokyo
Convenience, internet speed, and public transportation of Seoul
Demographic composition of San Francisco, Seattle or Vancouver
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2020, 09:36 AM

330 posts, read 293,941 times
Among the cities I have visited or have lived

Culture, Fashion, Power, Depth, Lifestyle, Diversity, Open-Mindedness, Urbanity and Global Influence of New York City
Cleanliness, Orderliness, Convenience and Infrastructure of Tokyo
Living Space, Natural Beauty, Pace and Weather of Los Angeles
Food of Hong Kong

Last edited by SnobbishDude; 05-09-2020 at 10:02 AM..

Old 05-09-2020, 09:38 AM

570 posts, read 508,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenkier7 View Post
Climate and environment of London
Well-ordered society, gastronomy, and service of Tokyo
Convenience, internet speed, and public transportation of Seoul
Demographic composition of San Francisco, Seattle or Vancouver
Come on! Stop it. You are part of the 1% of people who would think that something positive about London is its climate - It’s rubbish, full stop.

Old 05-09-2020, 09:50 AM

Who are you? As someone who don’t like to suffer prolonged heat over summer and extreme dry cold condition in winter, London has one of the most perfect climate among the world class cities.

Old 05-09-2020, 11:09 AM

1,803 posts, read 934,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenkier7 View Post
Who are you? As someone who don’t like to suffer prolonged heat over summer and extreme dry cold condition in winter, London has one of the most perfect climate among the world class cities.
You would probably like San Francisco weather unless you do not like 6-months virtually rain free too? You still got your mix of fogginess too. Just not quite the Mediterranean weather most highlight as more preferred. Some apparently do like both these cities suited to their weather taste. Just not all as some others. You can scroll to bring up each month for the years average.

San Francisco, USA weather by month.

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C...QFhDxIQ4dUDCAw

London, England weather by month.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Lond...hrome&ie=UTF-8

Old 05-09-2020, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoHyping View Post
You would probably like San Francisco weather unless you do not like 6-months virtually rain free too? You still got your mix of fogginess too. Just not quite the Mediterranean weather most highlight as more preferred. Some apparently do like both these cities suited to their weather taste. Just not all as some others. You can scroll to bring up each month for the years average.

San Francisco, USA weather by month.

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C...QFhDxIQ4dUDCAw

London, England weather by month.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Lond...hrome&ie=UTF-8
SF isn't bad at all, but I want a fair variety in temperatures change each month by several degrees.
Pacific Northwest, Bretagne, Southern England are overall my favorite region talking about the climate they offer.

Last edited by tenkier7; 05-09-2020 at 12:38 PM..

Old 05-11-2020, 07:00 AM

6,561 posts, read 12,044,134 times
I always thought Tokyo is the perfect city because it has the combination of:

The public transit of New York City
The weather of Atlanta
The scenery of Seattle
The modernity, technology, and entertainment of Los Angeles (as well as San Francisco)

Old 05-11-2020, 11:47 PM

9,049 posts, read 3,522,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzrovian View Post
Give me the island of Manhattan, surrounded by the topography, climate and beaches of Sydney, the infrastructure of Tokyo, and year-round warm ocean water of Miami.
I must say that sounds pretty amazing, though I would need the Islanders to switch to Madison Square Garden. Then it would be just about perfect!

Old 05-12-2020, 11:11 AM

18,504 posts, read 15,548,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usuariodeldia View Post
Come on! Stop it. You are part of the 1% of people who would think that something positive about London is its climate - It’s rubbish, full stop.
Who knows what the percentage is, but lots of people love a climate that has rain. I live in one. I love the summer, and sun, but I also love it when the winter rains arrive.

I couldn't live in a climate that was basically summer all year round.

Old 05-12-2020, 01:29 PM

2,545 posts, read 3,297,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEAandATL View Post
I always thought Tokyo is the perfect city because it has the combination of:

The public transit of New York City
The weather of Atlanta
The scenery of Seattle
The modernity, technology, and entertainment of Los Angeles (as well as San Francisco)
Strange post. Is NYC the gold standard for public transit and LA for modernity and technology? I thought Tokyo was that for both.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World