Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2020, 08:01 PM

6,038 posts, read 5,948,732 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by manitopiaaa View Post
This should be in the Australia forum. It's spam in the World forums.
While Australia may be situated 'Down Under', Melbourne, was still part of 'The World' last time I looked at a map so fail to see how it doesn't comply to a thread titled World.

It would appear to me that either Australia or World Forum would be both equally adequate places to park this thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2020, 01:01 AM

1,803 posts, read 934,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the troubadour View Post
While Australia may be situated 'Down Under', Melbourne, was still part of 'The World' last time I looked at a map so fail to see how it doesn't comply to a thread titled World.

It would appear to me that either Australia or World Forum would be both equally adequate places to park this thread.
Did you read this OP comment?
Quote:
Originally Posted by gres View Post
Oh pardon me, I thought this was the Australian section. Please, moderatos, move this thread there as it has questons about Melbourne only locals could answer. Thanks in advance!

Old 05-10-2020, 02:34 AM

2,868 posts, read 2,816,527 times
Quote:

It's wholly about Australia. West Virginia is also part of the world. So can I open a thread here on best hiking trails near Morgantown?

Old 05-10-2020, 02:39 AM

Quote:
It's wholly about Australia. West Virginia is also part of the world. So can I open a thread here on best hiking trails near Morgantown?
Bit of a difference, if you pause to reflect a little. WV is like Queensland, (which is a state in Australia) hence that reference would be suited to purely the Australian forum. WV would be suited, accordingly to its relevant section in USA states forum.

Old 05-10-2020, 02:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoHyping View Post
Did you read this OP comment?
I did and? The author of the thread I guess thought he'd errored. While the post may have sat better in the Australia centred forum, the nature of the post, Melbourne being one the most beautiful of world cities, does open it up to comparison and not necessarily solely Australia only related.
For example I consider Amsterdam and Cape Town more beautiful and Melbourne not beautiful at all, but having an appeal very different to both former city's mentioned.

Old 05-10-2020, 03:14 AM

468 posts, read 615,807 times
Quote:
No need to split hairs here, mate.

And YUP - Melbourne's a beauty!

Melbourne South Bank Yarra River by South Yarra Stays, on Flickr

Melbourne City shots by Leica by roentarre, on Flickr

Melbourne Train Subway by South Yarra Stays, on Flickr

Untitled by Josh RCG, on Flickr

Yarra River, City Reflection by Scott, on Flickr

Footscray by warren kirk, on Flickr

20200410_AU_Melbourne_FujiSuperia400 by baray llagas, on Flickr

colorful beach houses by marin tomic, on Flickr

Melbourne city by Nimit Rastogi, on Flickr

Flickr Member Healtherspics https://www.flickr.com/photos/hethg/49495174426

Flinders Street Station in Blue by Kokkai Ng, on Flickr

Melbourne Night by Tobias D., on Flickr

Old 05-10-2020, 09:13 PM

The above photo's go towards underlining my point. Hardly a beauty but has something that photo's do not necessary capture.

Old 05-10-2020, 10:25 PM

2,868 posts, read 2,816,527 times
Quote:
Bit of a difference, if you pause to reflect a little. WV is like Queensland, (which is a state in Australia) hence that reference would be suited to purely the Australian forum. WV would be suited, accordingly to its relevant section in USA states forum.
And this post would be suited for the Australia and New Zealand forum. I guess I'll open a thread here about how perfect Fargo is, because I guess that's suitable for the World forums since Fargo exists on Earth...

Old 05-10-2020, 10:50 PM

Quote:
And this post would be suited for the Australia and New Zealand forum. I guess I'll open a thread here about how perfect Fargo is, because I guess that's suitable for the World forums since Fargo exists on Earth...
Apart from few having heard of Fargo, with even fewer having been there, so the response may be muted.
The equivalent would be a city along the lines of Chicago, I suppose.
I don't imagine Bendigo in countryside Victoria, (another OZ state) would rate much discussion either. Again a likely equivalent to Fargo. Or dare I suggest Wolverhampton in England or Limerick in Ireland or Dijon in France …...

Old 05-11-2020, 12:21 AM

570 posts, read 507,886 times
I find the city beautiful, it’s very modern but at the same time charming. It’s cosmopolitan, safe, vibrant, it has great restaurants and bars, good street art. Good job opportunities, a large tram network and it’s building a huge loop suburban train line, similar to the one in Berlin (S-Bahn). There are nice surroundings too such as the Great Ocean Road and the beaches around, Phillip Island and Mornington peninsula. The city also hosts massive sport events. It’s not my favourite city in Australia but it’s a top notch city. In Quality of life is above most of the World’s cities. The weather is actually not that bad. It doesn’t get too cold like Europe and the heat in summer is dry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World