Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2020, 06:27 PM

2,453 posts, read 2,369,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmo View Post
Guns, people being racists, police brutality, little compassion for others, crumbling infrastructure, too many ghettos, terrible transit, haves have everything have nots have nothing, everybody is a political extremist, millions actually voted for Trump and still support him today, no national health care, arrogance, mass shootings, people are totally ignorant of anything outside of America (Americans barely know American history or geography let along world).

I don't hate America, I love it, But something is wrong. When I travel to other countries, there is something about them that we just don't have here. I'm starting to feel like America is a big fake country. Too many people here are just not what I want to be a part of anymore.

Are all countries like this when you actually live there?

Frustrated with my country right now.
having lived in South America( Brazil) North America( Canada and USA) Europe( France, UK), and having also travelled extensively, US if you have the means($$$) is the best place to live.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2020, 10:55 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,463,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by survivingearth View Post
having lived in South America( Brazil) North America( Canada and USA) Europe( France, UK), and having also travelled extensively, US if you have the means($$$) is the best place to live.
That's true of so many countries.

Old 09-28-2020, 05:35 AM

34,177 posts, read 18,487,967 times
Quote:
I barely watch the news at all. I'm also an independent, not a left winger. There is just as much wrong with the right wingers as left wingers.
What is the "Right" doing? Burning, looting, rioting, destroying property? No.

Old 09-28-2020, 08:16 AM

27,427 posts, read 28,505,652 times
It is amazing how two people can live in the same country or even the same city and yet have wildly different views about it.

Old 09-29-2020, 02:11 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,409,600 times
Probably with the US since the late 1990s is we no longer agree on anything so the nation is standing still, even stagnating. The most logical proposal by one 50% gets blocked by the other 50% because of a disagreement on a totally different issue. In Europe all major political parties agree on things like protecting the environment and improving infrastructure. So at least on many important areas they are moving forward. As an American I am 100% confident within the next 40 years we still won't have basic universal health coverage, immigration reform, a simplified tax code, or long term energy plan. We are in the Stagnate and Decline part of our history.

Old 09-29-2020, 05:24 PM

102,126 posts, read 107,402,364 times
Quote:
Guns, people being racists, police brutality, little compassion for others, crumbling infrastructure, too many ghettos, terrible transit, haves have everything have nots have nothing, everybody is a political extremist, millions actually voted for Trump and still support him today, no national health care, arrogance, mass shootings, people are totally ignorant of anything outside of America (Americans barely know American history or geography let along world).

I don't hate America, I love it, But something is wrong. When I travel to other countries, there is something about them that we just don't have here. I'm starting to feel like America is a big fake country. Too many people here are just not what I want to be a part of anymore.

Are all countries like this when you actually live there?

Frustrated with my country right now.
If you leave, and everyone else who feels the way you do leaves, who will be left to fix it? You'll doom the country to turning into one big Trumpster Dumpster, and the poor people who can't afford the luxury of leaving will be trapped in Hell. Seriously.

Are you sure you want to leave? Think about it.

And btw, where were you thinking of going? How many foreign languages can you speak, and do you have any in-demand skills, that would get you a work/residency visa? How do you plan on convincing whatever country you consider to be better, to allow you in? Most likely, Canada doesn't want you, unless you're a really bright techie or doctor/surgeon, or hotshot in a field of engineering (civil, chemical) they need. They don't take ordinary schlumps. It's pretty much the same in other countries that offer "free stuff". In countries that don't offer much free stuff, you'd still need a job, or a major savings to live there without working.

Good luck with all that, OP.

Old 09-29-2020, 05:36 PM

102,126 posts, read 107,402,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
What is the "Right" doing? Burning, looting, rioting, destroying property? No.
Yes, actually, that's exactly what the far Right extremists have been doing. According to the FBI, the far Right has become their main focus of concern regarding domestic terrorism.
Quote:
Individuals adhering to racially motivated violent extremism ideology have been responsible for the most lethal incidents among domestic terrorists in recent years, and the FBI assesses the threat of violence and lethality posed by racially motivated violent extremists will continue
https://www.fbi.gov/news/testimony/c...hite-supremacy

https://www.csis.org/analysis/escala...-united-states
Quote:
far-right terrorism has significantly outpaced terrorism from other types of perpetrators, including from far-left networks and individuals inspired by the Islamic State and al-Qaeda. Right-wing attacks and plots account for the majority of all terrorist incidents in the United States since 1994, and the total number of right-wing attacks and plots has grown significantly during the past six years. Right-wing extremists perpetrated two thirds of the attacks and plots in the United States in 2019 and over 90 percent between January 1 and May 8, 2020.
In Minneapolis, it was the far Right that hid caches of incendiary devices in residents' yards near the protests, driving around in black SUV's without license plates. Residents reported this activity to police, who later investigated. In Chicago, far Right individuals in another unmarked SUV murdered a Black federal security officer, then drove away. In city after city, instigators of violence and looting were later found to be tied to online White Supremacist groups. The FBI considers these far-Right extremist groups to be the greatest domestic terrorism threat to the American public and American values today.

Old 09-29-2020, 05:44 PM

1,438 posts, read 1,955,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
Probably with the US since the late 1990s is we no longer agree on anything so the nation is standing still, even stagnating. The most logical proposal by one 50% gets blocked by the other 50% because of a disagreement on a totally different issue. In Europe all major political parties agree on things like protecting the environment and improving infrastructure. So at least on many important areas they are moving forward. As an American I am 100% confident within the next 40 years we still won't have basic universal health coverage, immigration reform, a simplified tax code, or long term energy plan. We are in the Stagnate and Decline part of our history.
ROTFL...sure wish I lived in Europe...oh wait, I did...ROTFL

Old 09-29-2020, 06:39 PM

27,427 posts, read 28,505,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Yes, actually, that's exactly what the far Right extremists have been doing.
We need to control far right extremists and also far-left extremists like ANTIFA and Black Lives Matter.

They are all domestic terrorist groups.

Old 09-29-2020, 09:22 PM

2,453 posts, read 2,369,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
That's true of so many countries.
Not really, being rich in In Brazil for example is dangerous. Gated communities, bullet proof car, constant fear. Not that great, better than being poor, yes but still doesn't compare with developed countries.
US, England, Japan are great places if you are rich. Living in England on minimum wage isn't a walk in the park, Japan wow many people with great jobs living like lab rats.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World