Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2020, 07:22 AM

365 posts, read 215,400 times

Advertisements

I would say New Zealand, Germany, Poland, Mexico, The US, the Azores (Portugal), and Thailand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2020, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tronas View Post
I would say New Zealand, Germany, Poland, Mexico, The US, the Azores (Portugal), and Thailand.
New Zeeland needs no explanation.
Germany and Poland have the prettiest mountains in the world as far as I'm concerned although I don't deny there are others that are more impressive per se.
Mexico and the US because of the wide variety of environments...and they're just beautiful.
The Azores because they're so green and pretty.
Thailand because it's so serene.

Old 09-30-2020, 03:39 PM

14,820 posts, read 12,016,192 times
Quote:
Would I be correct in thinking you're Polish by any chance!

Old 09-30-2020, 03:42 PM

9,576 posts, read 7,325,812 times
Of the ones I've been to:

United States
New Zealand
Chile
Croatia

Old 09-30-2020, 04:22 PM

1,631 posts, read 2,385,209 times
Switzerland
United States
Mexico
Ireland
Scotland
Indonesia
Australia
South Africa
Spain
Austria
Slovenia
Italy
France
Norway
Turkey
Greece

Old 10-01-2020, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
Would I be correct in thinking you're Polish by any chance!
No, I'm not. Why do you ask? You don't think the mountains in Poland are pretty?

Old 10-01-2020, 02:14 PM

Quote:
No, I'm not. Why do you ask? You don't think the mountains in Poland are pretty?
Well to be honest I've never seen them, I'm sure they're very pretty but prettier than the mountains in Switzerland? Austria? The Himalayers? The Andes? The fjords of Norway? The Lake District? The Atlas Mountains? To name but a tiny percentage of the world, difficult...........no impossible to say I think, I'm sure the mountains in Poland are as stunning as other mountains on the globe but NOBODY can claim that ANY mountain range is 'more beautiful' than any other, the fact that you listed Poland as the most beautiful place in terms of the environment is basically an odd one to be honest. I wouldn't claim that Poland is any 'less' beautiful than anywhere else but likewise I wouldn't claim Poland to be any 'more' beautiful either! How do you claim that the Rockie Mountains are 'more' beautiful than the beaches in the Maldives? You can't, they're incomparable because they're completely different landscapes, both beautiful in completely different ways. The question is mute I doubt there are many (if any) countries on the planet that don't have extremely beautiful landscapes/seascapes.

Old 10-01-2020, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Well to be honest I've never seen them, I'm sure they're very pretty but prettier than the mountains in Switzerland? Austria? The Himalayers? The Andes? The fjords of Norway? The Lake District? The Atlas Mountains? To name but a tiny percentage of the world, difficult...........no impossible to say I think, I'm sure the mountains in Poland are as stunning as other mountains on the globe but NOBODY can claim that ANY mountain range is 'more beautiful' than any other, the fact that you listed Poland as the most beautiful place in terms of the environment is basically an odd one to be honest. I wouldn't claim that Poland is any 'less' beautiful than anywhere else but likewise I wouldn't claim Poland to be any 'more' beautiful either! How do you claim that the Rockie Mountains are 'more' beautiful than the beaches in the Maldives? You can't, they're incomparable because they're completely different landscapes, both beautiful in completely different ways. The question is mute I doubt there are many (if any) countries on the planet that don't have extremely beautiful landscapes/seascapes.
Your being facetious and contradicting yourself from one sentence to another...
And I don't understand why you find it so hard to believe that Poland's natural environment and mountains are particularly beautiful (also see what I actually wrote about them....although I'm sure you have already...). You don't seem to have the same reaction to me mentioning Germany's mountains.
Oh and I think it is YOU who is massively deluded to include the UK lake district among all those other places that you've mentioned.

Old 10-05-2020, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Your being facetious and contradicting yourself from one sentence to another...
And I don't understand why you find it so hard to believe that Poland's natural environment and mountains are particularly beautiful (also see what I actually wrote about them....although I'm sure you have already...). You don't seem to have the same reaction to me mentioning Germany's mountains.
Oh and I think it is YOU who is massively deluded to include the UK lake district among all those other places that you've mentioned.
No I'm not!! You prove to me that Poland is 'more' beautiful than the Maldives! In fact prove to me its more beautiful than the bloody Lake District! You can't because none of them are 'more' beautiful than any other!! I bet you've never even heard of the Lake District have you? Anyway, prove to me that Poland is one of the most beautiful places on earth, because thats one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard, then I'll take this more seriously.

Old 10-05-2020, 08:48 AM

Quote:
No I'm not!! You prove to me that Poland is 'more' beautiful than the Maldives! In fact prove to me its more beautiful than the bloody Lake District! You can't because none of them are 'more' beautiful than any other!! I bet you've never even heard of the Lake District have you? Anyway, prove to me that Poland is one of the most beautiful places on earth, because thats one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard, then I'll take this more seriously.
This is not a matter of proof. It's a matter of opinion....which is what I was asking for. It's like asking to prove that the current Ms. Universe is prettier than the runner or the one that placed tenth. Duhhh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World