Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2021, 12:47 PM

20 posts, read 20,068 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pueblofuerte View Post
She should ask some of her cousins in the coffee region due south. My mum grew up in Armenia city and on a clear day you can see snow peaks. There used to be 4 snow peaks in the area when she was young now sadly there are only three. Manizales city has 2 snow peaks right behind it and its the same cultural region of Medellin. Your wife should really know this, does she have no family in the coffee region? We're descendants of Medellin people (Paisas).

Manizales

EgwDXgTWsAEvDr4 by Jon Aracataca, on Flickr

manizales by Jon Aracataca, on Flickr

In any case I never really thought of it before but I really think Minca can be an option for the OP. You also have the added bonus of the breeze coming from the mountains so that coastal heat is often alleviated and loads of farms growing some amazing and varied produce.
You mean this: https://wikitravel.org/en/Minca?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2021, 12:58 PM

3,700 posts, read 4,844,822 times
Quote:
She should ask some of her cousins in the coffee region due south. My mum grew up in Armenia city and on a clear day you can see snow peaks. There used to be 4 snow peaks in the area when she was young now sadly there are only three. Manizales city has 2 snow peaks right behind it and its the same cultural region of Medellin. Your wife should really know this, does she have no family in the coffee region? We're descendants of Medellin people (Paisas).
Pure Paisa.

Old 01-31-2021, 01:38 PM

30,612 posts, read 18,192,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
Unless "perfect weather" includes snow and cold - which it does for some people, I'd say Oahu, Hawaii.
Most of the year I say you're right, but we get some long extreme heat periods there, too.

Old 01-31-2021, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Most of the year I say you're right, but we get some long extreme heat periods there, too.

When you say "extreme heat", do you know what the dew point would roughly be during the day? Or the temperature / humidity?

Old 01-31-2021, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlinfshr View Post
How about Bermuda? Even though it is thought of as a "tropical island" it isn't even close. It's about 500 miles east of Charleston, SC.

The Bahamas are also above the Caribbean. The northern Bahamas from Nassau/Paradise Island and above are off of Florida's South East coast.
I think I'd quite like the climate of Bermuda, however with it having the highest cost of living in the world (!), I don't think it would work for me unfortunately.

Old 01-31-2021, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarisaMay View Post
No, you are looking for tropical vegetation in a sub-tropical climate. In Australia you have the vegetation in places in the far north, such as Palm Cove and Port Douglas, accompanied by a hot wet season, an inability to swim safely in the ocean and even presence of crocodiles.

You will find the palm trees further south on Hamilton Island in the Whitsundays but they have been planted.

In Sydney most palms are introduced and are a pest. They are one of the few trees we can remove without permission.

Would I be justified in suggesting that people enjoy the natural vegetation of a region rather than introduced species.
You're right, that is exactly what I am looking for and which very likely can't really exist.

I loved the vegetation in Port Douglas and Mission Beach etc. but the heat in November was already quite extreme and I don't think I could handle a regular summer there. I spent some time on Hamilton and think that it probably is the best "compromise" at least in Australia for me. Even though not having a buggy in the wet season was quite tedious at times.

Old 01-31-2021, 01:48 PM

30,612 posts, read 18,192,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnGotty View Post
When you say "extreme heat", do you know what the dew point would roughly be during the day? Or the temperature / humidity?
Not sure about the specifics of the dew point, but I'm referring primarily to temperature/humidity. In 2019, for instance, we had months of extreme heat and humidity on Oahu. Here is one of many articles on the topic: https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/2019/0...is-new-normal/

Note, that was a particularly rough year, but Oahu/Honolulu has its periods of high temperature and high humidity every year.

Old 02-02-2021, 12:42 AM

11,650 posts, read 12,941,545 times
Quote:
Yes the Atlantic tip of DR is hot, hot, hot but the trade winds can alleviate it somewhat, something Ethereal doesn't seem to grasp anddoesn't need to experience apparently to cast a judgement. Ah well. Humidity in the low 80's is much lower than what I experience in London in the summer.

Righty ho
Except that weather statistics don't lie. I threw them on your face and yet you are still finding ways to retaliate. Lol. PC is still warm to hot all year round with high humidity, regardless of its trade winds. Don't tell me how I should experience or perceive things because you look laughable.

At the end of the day, it's clear that you and I clearly have different weather perceptions. Just build a bridge already.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World