U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2021, 03:44 PM

20 posts, read 9,684 times

Advertisements

Is there any place in the world that is not completely remote, has white sand / clear water / palm trees on the beach and that doesn't have multiple months of extreme heat and humidity?

To be clear, I like warm weather. I don't mind a dew point of 22-23°C, even 24° (e.g. 29°C with 75% relative humidity) is fine. However I recently experienced a couple days of a dew point of 26-27° without any wind and that started to become really unpleasant.

Without having spent time there, I thought that maybe the south-eastern islands of the Caribbean (e.g. Grenada and Barbados) would fit, however I see conflicting statements about how "bad" it actually gets there in summer? What do you think?

Do you know any other places that fit the bill (maybe Hawaii?) and that at least have some kind of infrastructure? I do need stable and fast internet for my job, unfortunately.

Thanks for your help!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2021, 03:17 PM

1,526 posts, read 1,940,644 times
Hawaii is great.
Im not an expert, but take Oahu Island for example, location matters a lot. It is a good sized island but the west side is quite warm hot but also dry. Not many trees. Compare this to the north east where it is more cloudy rainy and relatively cooler.
Honolulu is in the middle where it is warm a little humid but sunny up until the afternoon rainstorm. Rain doesn't hit often in the dry west part of Oahu as often.
I think all the bigger islands have wet cool sides, warm humid sides and hot dry areas.
The big island has snow ice at the high peak. Some like the cooler elevation and prefer to have a home there versus down by the coast where it is much warmer and humid.

Old 01-26-2021, 03:59 AM

1,737 posts, read 715,688 times
The coast of Peru. The Humboldt Current is very cold, and penguins can be found near the Equator -- even in Ecuador.

Old 01-27-2021, 07:48 AM

Thanks so much for the input and ideas. I've looked a lot into Hawaii, however unfortunately it is too remote I guess and additionally I am not a US citizen, so I'd need to get a Green Card first.

@arr430
I looked into Peru, however the beaches look very desert like and not very tropical (which makes sense I guess, as Lima seems to be a desert).

If anyone has any other ideas, please post!

Old 01-30-2021, 02:49 AM

2,698 posts, read 1,224,568 times
Noosa, Queensland Australia? I suspect it may be much too remote, depending where you are located.

Old 01-30-2021, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarisaMay View Post
Noosa, Queensland Australia? I suspect it may be much too remote, depending where you are located.
Very good recommendation! I actually was there a couple months ago and think it definitely ticks the weather box. Unfortunately while I think the beaches are quite nice, there don't really have the "tropical beach looks" like https://odis.homeaway.com/odis/desti...223909.hw5.jpg

The perfect spot for me would have the weather of Noosa combined with beaches like the one in the link. However, I don't think such a spot exists :/

Old 01-30-2021, 09:54 AM

7,460 posts, read 10,544,370 times
Bavaro Beach in the Dominican Republic. In fact, its the most visited beach by foreigners in the entire Caribbean and its one of the world's natural uninterrupted for 40 kilometers white sand beach. Many areas are so perfect its almost unbelievable that nature create it instead of man. Its also very accessible since it has many resorts though there is a height restriction, so the usual line of highrise hotels along the beach in most tourist area isn't the case here.

It also has one of the best connected airport to the USA, Canada, Latin America; and the most connections to Europe of any airport in Latin America.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6y-uGNBQix4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zU6Up-rD0bU

Old 01-30-2021, 10:01 AM

7,460 posts, read 10,544,370 times
Just minutes away from Bavaro Beach is Juanillo Beach. Its more exclusive because it doesn't have many resorts (yet) and I think more beautiful than Bavaro Beach.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMU5VKl4kkU

Just a 3 hour flight from NYC and you're there in instant summer walking with shorts and flip flops. While early in the morning you were covered in a coat and suffering the windchills and looking at the snow and ice covering the ground of a typical winter in the northern USA. Brrr...

Old 01-30-2021, 12:36 PM

91,061 posts, read 87,757,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnGotty View Post
Is there any place in the world that is not completely remote, has white sand / clear water / palm trees on the beach and that doesn't have multiple months of extreme heat and humidity?

To be clear, I like warm weather. I don't mind a dew point of 22-23°C, even 24° (e.g. 29°C with 75% relative humidity) is fine. However I recently experienced a couple days of a dew point of 26-27° without any wind and that started to become really unpleasant.

Without having spent time there, I thought that maybe the south-eastern islands of the Caribbean (e.g. Grenada and Barbados) would fit, however I see conflicting statements about how "bad" it actually gets there in summer? What do you think?

Do you know any other places that fit the bill (maybe Hawaii?) and that at least have some kind of infrastructure? I do need stable and fast internet for my job, unfortunately.

Thanks for your help!
No-brainer. The Yucatan Peninsula, and the Bay Islands off the Caribbean coast of Honduras. Also -- Belize. All of those are in the same ecological and cultural zone. It doesn't get hot in Dec./Jan., but pleasantly warm. You just have to watch out for the sharks, as in any tropical environment. Or even in temperate environments, like some Northern California beaches.

Old 01-30-2021, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
No-brainer. The Yucatan Peninsula, and the Bay Islands off the Caribbean coast of Honduras. Also -- Belize. All of those are in the same ecological and cultural zone. It doesn't get hot in Dec./Jan., but pleasantly warm. You just have to watch out for the sharks, as in any tropical environment. Or even in temperate environments, like some Northern California beaches.
Thanks! But looking at the climate data in Wikipedia, the average high in July for Cancún is 34C / 93F. Together with an average of 75% RH this results in a dew point of 29C/84F. Like I said, I found a dew point of 26C already quite uncomfortable, I can't imagine how bad 29C must be.. So this won't work during the Summer months for me unfortunately.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World