Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2021, 12:29 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,676,363 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
If you look, what I said is that Eastbourne gets more sunshine hours than Bordeaux in the Summer, thats ALL I said, as you pointed out it is also true of the Spring, obviously I would much rather be in Eastbourne (goes without saying), also I would also like to point out that this is where would you rather live US or UK NOT FRANCE! What I really want to know is why this is getting your knickers so twisted? Have you been beaten up by somebody English or something? You have a chip on your shoulder the size of the Grand Canyon!?
You are a sneaky fellow, Sir! .... sure, you said that Eastbourne gets more sunshine than Bordeaux in summer, but you forgot to mention that Eastbourne also gets more cloud than Bordeaux in summer.

Back to the question - would the lover of grey skies be more content in Eastbourne or Bordeaux during summer?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2021, 12:32 PM

14,820 posts, read 12,026,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
You are a sneaky fellow, Sir! .... sure you said that Eastbourne gets more sunshine than Bordeaux in summer, but you forgot to mention that Eastbourne also gets more cloud than Bordeaux in summer.

Back to the question - would the lover of grey skies be more content in Eastbourne or Bordeaux during summer?
I simply said Eastbourne gets more sunshine than Bordeaux in the Summer...........and it DOES! That's all I said, make of it what you will - YOU are the one getting all 'twisted up' inside over it not me? If I wanted as much sunshine to touch my face as possible and I could chose between the two then I would obviously go to Eastbourne because Eastbourne has MORE sunshine hours than Bordeaux during the Spring and Summer - simples. Now lets get back to your 'issues' shall we? Why are you so twisted over this?

Old 10-22-2021, 12:38 PM

Quote:
I simply said Eastbourne gets more sunshine than Bordeaux in the Summer...........and it DOES! That's all I said, make of it what you will - YOU are the one getting all 'twisted up' inside over it not me? If I wanted as much sunshine to touch my face as possible and I could chose between the two then I would obviously go to Eastbourne because Eastbourne has MORE sunshine hours than Bordeaux during the Spring and Summer - simples. Now lets get back to your 'issues' shall we? Why are you so twisted over this?
Actually, you'd be better off in Bordeaux, it seems obvious that it's a sunnier area during summer than Eastbourne is.

If you want grey skies to "touch your face" where would you rather go? .... please answer the question, you cunning trickster!

Old 10-22-2021, 12:51 PM

14,820 posts, read 12,026,546 times
Quote:
Actually, you'd be better off in Bordeaux, it seems obvious that it's a sunnier area during summer than Eastbourne is.

If you want grey skies to "touch your face" where would you rather go? .... please answer the question, you cunning trickster!
But it isn't, you see more sunshine during the Spring and Summer months in Eastbourne than you do in Bordeaux, that is something we agree on no? Eastbourne is also much nicer than Bordeaux, Bordeaux is also French..............now lets see if we can see why you have your chipped shoulder? If we can get to the bottom of it perhaps we can help? Who hurt you Joe? An English man or an English woman?

Old 10-22-2021, 02:00 PM

Quote:
But it isn't, you see more sunshine during the Spring and Summer months in Eastbourne than you do in Bordeaux, that is something we agree on no? Eastbourne is also much nicer than Bordeaux, Bordeaux is also French..............now lets see if we can see why you have your chipped shoulder? If we can get to the bottom of it perhaps we can help? Who hurt you Joe? An English man or an English woman?
No, we don't agree - Bordeaux is sunnier than Eastbourne during the Spring and Summer months, in actual hours, and even more so by percentage.

Old 10-23-2021, 05:39 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 3 days ago)

27,180 posts, read 13,461,836 times
Quote:
No, we don't agree - Bordeaux is sunnier than Eastbourne during the Spring and Summer months, in actual hours, and even more so by percentage.
The Bay of Biscay has notorious weather and has always been a shipping hazard.

The area is prone to both fog and severe depressions, thunderstorms and severe weather at sea, as well as as rain and windstorms form, often at great speed, which can resemble a hurricane and can hit the bay with maximum power, an example being the Klaus storm.

The Bay of Biscay has been known as treacherous by fishermen and ships captains for centuries. For sailors, the Bay of Biscay, otherwise known as “The Valley of Death,” is one of the most challenging and most feared bodies of water in the world.

The Bay of Biscay – A Risky Route! - Sea and Job

Who, What, Why: How dangerous for ships is the Bay of Biscay? - BBC News

Is The Bay Of Biscay Always Rough?

In terms of Bordeaux it's slightly further inland, however the weather for the entire area is notorious.

I would suggest that Eastbourne has far more gentle weather, and a decent level of sunshine, it's also laughable to suggest the Bay of Biscay has better weather or sea conditions than the English Channel.

Last edited by Brave New World; 10-23-2021 at 06:14 AM..

Old 10-23-2021, 09:13 AM

75 posts, read 67,846 times
As a French, there is only the Mediterranean coast which is really sunny and warm, the rest of the country is not very different from the south of England

Old 10-23-2021, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montpellier34 View Post
As a French, there is only the Mediterranean coast which is really sunny and warm, the rest of the country is not very different from the south of England

Exactly.

Old 10-23-2021, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
In terms of Bordeaux it's slightly further inland, however the weather for the entire area is notorious.

I would suggest that Eastbourne has far more gentle weather, and a decent level of sunshine, it's also laughable to suggest the Bay of Biscay has better weather or sea conditions than the English Channel.
It may well be the case that Eastbourne has more gentle weather than Bordeaux, but it doesn't have a sunnier summer than Bordeaux by the most obvious measure - percentage of the day that the sun is shining. Bordeaux takes that honour.

The claim by Easty about the summer sunshine in Eastbourne/Bordeaux, comes after the "more rain days in Sydney etc" fiasco - the lad means well, but clearly needs a bit of help with interpreting climate stats.

Old 10-23-2021, 11:23 AM

Quote:
It may well be the case that Eastbourne has more gentle weather than Bordeaux, but it doesn't have a sunnier summer than Bordeaux by the most obvious measure - percentage of the day that the sun is shining. Bordeaux takes that honour.

The claim by Easty about the summer sunshine in Eastbourne/Bordeaux, comes after the "more rain days in Sydney etc" fiasco - the lad means well, but clearly needs a bit of help with interpreting climate stats.
There's not a vast difference between the two, in terms of hours of sunshine, although Bordeaux may have slightly more, however the Bay of Biscay area has far more extreme weather, and is prone to rough seas, even in the summer.

I therefore don't think you could say the weather was better, although it may have slightly more sunshine than Eastbourne.

Another nice great place in the Bay of Biscay area is Biarritz, which like Eastbourne is a beautiful grand seaside town, and both receives similar annual hours of sunshine.

The weather in many parts of France is not that dissimilar to that of the South Coast of England, the exception as pointed out by a French former being the Mediterranean areas of Southern France.

Last edited by Brave New World; 10-23-2021 at 11:32 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World