Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2021, 04:58 AM

185 posts, read 105,095 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post
Not very interested in the vaccine tbh, and it'll be months until my age group can get a first dose here.
How old are you? I see that most of them are old people vaccinated Maybe young people are mostly working I saw an old man drinking and the doctor stopped him I was vaccinated three times in 50 days The next vaccine can be given in 21 to 28 days When the first injection 21 days later There will be messages and phone calls every day Let me get vaccinated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2021, 05:00 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,012,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarisaMay View Post
This is interesting as it is headline news here about the increase numbers. Media cannot be objective at all.

I really have my fingers crossed for you as the last thing we need is a country with a high vaccination rate showing an increase.
85% of all adults here are now vaccinated, the lowest 'uptake' in vaccines are the 'Asian communities', which have driven (perhaps) a slight uptick in infections, BUT the UK has carried out 206 MILLION tests, thats more than 3 MILLION tests per million people, in comparison to Germany's 63 million, Frances 91 million, Italy's 70 million and Australia's 20 million. if you are carrying out 4 or 5 times as many tests you will find more cases.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Yes the Indian variant has 'stalled' things a bit, more un-vaccinated young people are getting infected than before but it hasn't really affected the hospitalisation or death rate, the UK is due to drop all Covid restrictions on the 19th July.

Old 06-25-2021, 05:10 AM

8,863 posts, read 8,434,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Very Man Himself View Post
No, I didn't. Can you provide a link?
Typical China shill fake news.

Old 06-25-2021, 05:27 AM

185 posts, read 105,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post
Typical China shill fake news.
日本又赠台100万剂阿斯利康疫苗 台当局急忙感谢遭网友讥讽|日本|台湾 省|阿斯利康疫苗_新浪新闻 Reply from Taiwan netizens . You think this is fake news? .

Old 06-25-2021, 05:39 AM

8,863 posts, read 8,434,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangbatibetan View Post
More like it's not even news.

Old 06-29-2021, 09:43 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,875,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangbatibetan View Post
... But I have a friend who doesn't want to be vaccinated I really want to report him
Report him? For what? What the hell?
Are you saying that there is a law that you must get vaccinated in your country? What, do you live in some authoritative police state?

Old 06-29-2021, 12:41 PM

4,865 posts, read 10,520,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
Report him? For what? What the hell?
Are you saying that there is a law that you must get vaccinated in your country? What, do you live in some authoritative police state?
They're getting the Chinese vaccine, so one assumes they live in the PRC. So like, yeah, they do. Not that the freedom to endanger other people by not getting vaccinated is the most compelling argument for liberal democracy we can make to people who grew up and live under authoritarian systems (although I do believe in bodily autonomy even in such situations and that people ultimately should have the right to refuse, even though it is justified to incentivize otherwise).

Old 06-29-2021, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIMBAM View Post
They're getting the Chinese vaccine, so one assumes they live in the PRC. So like, yeah, they do. Not that the freedom to endanger other people by not getting vaccinated is the most compelling argument for liberal democracy we can make to people who grew up and live under authoritarian systems (although I do believe in bodily autonomy even in such situations and that people ultimately should have the right to refuse, even though it is justified to incentivize otherwise).
Really however those not getting vaccinated are only endangering themselves, those that get the vaccine are relatively safe. But individual vs. collective freedoms have always been a sliding scale, all countries have taken extreme measures - mask mandates and quarantines - but once you use electronic surveillance controls (which China had in effect using it's WeChat app to track movement) and social controls such as reporting on your neighbor, that's a step too far.

It was really the "I should report my friend" which troubled me.

Old 06-29-2021, 01:58 PM

2,206 posts, read 1,316,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIMBAM View Post
From an old article dated 22 October 2020:

https://www.mcgill.ca/newsroom/chann...untries-325543

Variations in penalties for non-compliance
Researchers found that 105 out of the 193 countries (54%) studied had evidence of a national mandatory vaccination policy that required at least one vaccine. Of those, 62 countries (59%) also have one or more penalties that can be imposed on individuals who do not comply. The frequency, types, and severity of penalties for failing to comply with mandatory vaccination varied widely across all regions from relatively minor penalties like small one-time fines to jail time.
Educational and financial penalties were the most common. Most educational penalties deny school enrollment until vaccination requirements have been met. Of the 32 countries with financial penalties, 53% have one-time fines of less than $1000 USD. More severe penalties entailed jail time – a possibility in 12 countries, seven of which include less than six months of jail time. Italy’s mandatory vaccination policy had among the most severe penalties, with violations potentially resulting in the temporary loss of parental rights.

Old 06-29-2021, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by orbiter View Post
From an old article dated 22 October 2020:

https://www.mcgill.ca/newsroom/chann...untries-325543

Variations in penalties for non-compliance
Researchers found that 105 out of the 193 countries (54%) studied had evidence of a national mandatory vaccination policy that required at least one vaccine. Of those, 62 countries (59%) also have one or more penalties that can be imposed on individuals who do not comply. The frequency, types, and severity of penalties for failing to comply with mandatory vaccination varied widely across all regions from relatively minor penalties like small one-time fines to jail time.
Educational and financial penalties were the most common. Most educational penalties deny school enrollment until vaccination requirements have been met. Of the 32 countries with financial penalties, 53% have one-time fines of less than $1000 USD. More severe penalties entailed jail time – a possibility in 12 countries, seven of which include less than six months of jail time. Italy’s mandatory vaccination policy had among the most severe penalties, with violations potentially resulting in the temporary loss of parental rights.
Wiki also gives some detail:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaccination_policy

Hey the US requires vaccination to attend school. I guess the argument can be made is that, although it's mandatory, it's not compulsory. The difference being that hey if you want to attend school, get this job, take this flight, you must get a vaccine shot. In China, Peoples Republic of...apparently if you don't get your shot your neighbor calls the police to turn you in and (who knows), they haul you away, strap you down, and inject you. I've been to China enough times, I wouldn't be surprised.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World