Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who do you support?
Palestine 58 28.16%
Israel 148 71.84%
Voters: 206. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2023, 01:56 PM

7,855 posts, read 10,295,464 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
Why haven't Gaza residents revolted against Hamas rather blame Israel for their internal troubles?
You can both demand the emergence of a figure committed to non violent politics while also demanding that an entire population isn’t classed as guilty for terrorist activities
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2023, 02:27 PM

711 posts, read 295,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
There are several ways Israel can respond. Cutting of water and food and medical help is cruelty beyond measure. the is not resonate this is mass punishment and revenge. Israel’s actions will reverberate far beyond the middle east.

Water has been restored by Israel to the south part of Gaza in certain areas. But Gaza's problem with water predates this current crises. Why doesn't Hamas have it's own water or power source? They have been self-governing since 2006.
Blame goes to the Hamas government for failing to build or maintain the infrastructure.

Regardless, you seem to ignore that Gaza shares a border with Egypt, just like you see to deny that Hamas is using it's residence as human shields. There is a border crossing. Egypt controls that, not Israel. Hopefully it will be opened, with refugees moving out and aid moving in (yes they need food and fuel), but Egypt seems to be stalling. Then again, if it opens, Hamas will probably prevent aid and or shoot rockets at Israel from that point.

So why doesn't your posting say "Egypt’s actions will reverberate far beyond the middle east" I wonder. The only reverberation is your anti-semitism bouncing around in your head.

Last edited by Johnny Wadd; 10-16-2023 at 02:45 PM..

Old 10-16-2023, 07:35 PM

22,243 posts, read 19,245,773 times
Those on this thread who support, rationalize, justify, and defend the Hamas terrorists (and Iran and Hezbollah terrorists) and downplay the atrocities are themselves blinded by hate.

The natural end-point of hate is self-destruction. It eats a person away inside seething like battery acid and they implode.

"Poison isn’t always something you eat or drink – it can be an emotion. And hate is one of them, eating you up inside and causing destruction. Hate is a mighty strong emotion. This mental venom can pollute your spirit, poison your soul and seep into all of the relationships that surround you. Anyone who has found themselves wrapped up in the arms of hate knows how damaging and mind-consuming it can become. While hate can be directed at almost anything – the most destructive is hatred toward other people. "

from The Destructive Power of Hate

Last edited by Tzaphkiel; 10-16-2023 at 07:57 PM..

Old 10-16-2023, 09:41 PM

21 posts, read 5,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
Those on this thread who support, rationalize, justify, and defend the Hamas terrorists (and Iran and Hezbollah terrorists) and downplay the atrocities are themselves blinded by hate.

The natural end-point of hate is self-destruction. It eats a person away inside seething like battery acid and they implode.

"Poison isn’t always something you eat or drink – it can be an emotion. And hate is one of them, eating you up inside and causing destruction. Hate is a mighty strong emotion. This mental venom can pollute your spirit, poison your soul and seep into all of the relationships that surround you. Anyone who has found themselves wrapped up in the arms of hate knows how damaging and mind-consuming it can become. While hate can be directed at almost anything – the most destructive is hatred toward other people. "

from The Destructive Power of Hate
why can americans accept half a world support palestine and move on most money and military might support israel and they are blind with what will you do while we bomb sindrome but to go around demand people support terroist israel is just making it more polarizing world that already is

Old 10-17-2023, 02:51 AM

536 posts, read 611,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by basket123 View Post
With these countries being on the news for the past few weeks, who’s side are you taking?
"vs"? This isn't a sports game.

With that said I am taking the side of the large majority of INNOCENT citizens on any side, caught in the middle of this conflict or any other conflict.

Old 10-17-2023, 04:07 AM

2,631 posts, read 2,052,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy234 View Post
I support both to have their own land and live in peace but I picked Palestine simply because of how Israel has treated millions of Palestinians the last few decades. As a Christian I have to say I am horrified

Even now Israeli soldiers are killing Palestinian kids for throwing rocks at them in the west Bank. Imagine if in the US police officers just opened up during disturbances like this however this is a daily occurrence not to mention Gaza is the largest open air prison on the planet. They are literally treating Palestinians the way they were treated in Europe before they were sent to concentration camps. Now millions of Palestinians are being told to leave with nowhere to go
No mention of kidnapped Israelis and Americans who need to be rescued. Be assured that they are raping the women as we debate this from the comfort of our homes. If that was your family being held, you might feel differently.

Please don't forget that they had the opportunity to have their own state. Ultimately, Arafat kept moving the goalposts because a peace deal would have diminished his own power. They have been the victims of their own leadership and a failure to promote the education of their children.

Rule of thumb: Launch rockets, shoot, kidnap, rape and kill civilians, expect a brutal retaliation.

This has been the history of the Palestinians, except this time is going to have a very different ending for them thanks to the despicable people they have put in power.

Old 10-17-2023, 07:14 AM

22,243 posts, read 19,245,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy234 View Post
I support both to have their own land and live in peace but I picked Palestine simply because of how Israel has treated millions of Palestinians the last few decades. As a Christian I have to say I am horrified

Even now Israeli soldiers are killing Palestinian kids for throwing rocks at them in the west Bank. Imagine if in the US police officers just opened up during disturbances like this however this is a daily occurrence not to mention Gaza is the largest open air prison on the planet. They are literally treating Palestinians the way they were treated in Europe before they were sent to concentration camps. Now millions of Palestinians are being told to leave with nowhere to go
so then as a "Chrstian" you support Hamas. The terrorist group which stabs children and leaves knife blades in the body for them to be found that way. That is what you are supporting. Hamas, which not only slaughtered raped and burned alive children, women, grandparents in their own homes, but for instance filmed the slaughter of a 74-year-old Israeli grandmother and then using the grandmother's cell phone, posted the murder on the grandmother's facebook account for her family to see when they checked up on her.

That is what you support. That is what you say in this moment in time that you stand for. And you claim to stand for that atrocity in the name of your religion.

"Shimoni's sister frantically messaged the family text group asking if they had seen their grandmother's Facebook post.
Immediately, I went to her Facebook page. And I saw a video with her lying on her living room floor with her arms clenched on her chest, covered in blood, and blood surrounding her. A few men with guns standing above her and shouting."

"Not only did the Hamas militants film the slaughter and post her dying body for family to see, but they also burned down her house and the entire community." The 74-year-old grandmother had lived in Israel since she was a child after the Holocaust. She raised her children as a single mother in the Nir Oz kibbutz, where she lived the rest of her life.

That is what you stand for. That is what you choose.
That is what you smugly support in the name of your religion.

https://abcnews.go.com/International...ily%20to%20see.

Last edited by Tzaphkiel; 10-17-2023 at 08:20 AM..

Old 10-17-2023, 08:23 AM

15,984 posts, read 7,044,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmusic29 View Post
"vs"? This isn't a sports game.

With that said I am taking the side of the large majority of INNOCENT citizens on any side, caught in the middle of this conflict or any other conflict.
Well said. I am on the side is the PEOPLE who are suffering, their children who are being traumatized, while the war games go on. There is no good side in this. It is like a vortex that will draw the whole world into it.

Old 10-17-2023, 09:37 AM

2,631 posts, read 2,052,734 times
Back to the OP.

The two choices are:

1. A people that promote education and culture, that puts a high value on success, that contributes to the world, that values philanthropy.

Or

2. A people that subjugates women, murders gays, does not value education, promotes terrorism, contributes nothing, and wants to kill me.

I choose #1. I'll never understand American liberals who protest in favor of #2. They are everything that liberals supposedly oppose.

Old 10-17-2023, 09:50 AM

711 posts, read 295,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bball1982 View Post
why can americans accept half a world support palestine and move on most money and military might support israel and they are blind with what will you do while we bomb sindrome but to go around demand people support terroist israel is just making it more polarizing world that already is
I think you need another online language translator, I have no idea what you are saying...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World