Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: Who do you support?
Palestine 58 28.16%
Israel 148 71.84%
Voters: 206. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-10-2021, 08:25 AM
 
Location: Round Rock, Texas
12,946 posts, read 13,328,106 times
Reputation: 14005

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
You can support the people but condemn the politics. Israel has a democratic political system (OK really a constitutional republic for those that want to get picky on semantics). They have a bilateral relationship with the US in that we are partners in culture, economics, trade, and have been our strategic partner in the Middle East both before and after the cold war. Overall the relationship has benefited the US.

I understand Israel strategy in these matters - with the small size of their country, they have always worked on the premise that they can't afford to lose one war, not one, with an enemy that is dedicated to killing every man, woman, and child in their country. They needs these buffers - Gaza, Golan Heights, West Bank.

The politics of Palestine is an issue. Gaza ruled by Hamas, a terrorist organization dedicated to the destruction of the State of Israel, the West Bank by the PLO, and then you got Hezbollah and Iran supporting both with weapons, training, and personnel, all of which are happy to kill any westerners as well. There is really no working with Palestine until these terrorist organizations - Hezbollah, Hamas, and Iran - are removed from influencing Palestine. In the mean time, it's the people of Palestine that suffer, trained from an early age to hate and dependent on sustenance aid from terrorist organizations, living with unemployment and lack of opportunity. In effect, a society bred and raised to kill Jews.
Realistic post needs repeating.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-11-2021, 04:28 AM
 
7,855 posts, read 10,284,957 times
Reputation: 5615
Israel has all the power in this conflict , all of the military muscle and all of the international political influence ( that matters )
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-13-2021, 08:23 AM
 
Location: Round Rock, Texas
12,946 posts, read 13,328,106 times
Reputation: 14005
The Palestinians are going to have to dump Hamas & Hezbollah and come up with a non-terrorist leadership.
They also need to stop this destroy Israel nonsense.
Start renegotiating the last big peace accord offered by Israel (stupidly rejected by their terrorist leaders) and go from there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-13-2021, 09:45 AM
 
Location: Canada
7,363 posts, read 8,394,325 times
Reputation: 5260
Personally I'm sick of hearing about both of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-13-2021, 10:19 PM
 
323 posts, read 259,547 times
Reputation: 832
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLuis View Post
Personally I'm sick of hearing about both of them.
Amen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-14-2021, 02:44 AM
 
7,855 posts, read 10,284,957 times
Reputation: 5615
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
The Palestinians are going to have to dump Hamas & Hezbollah and come up with a non-terrorist leadership.
They also need to stop this destroy Israel nonsense.
Start renegotiating the last big peace accord offered by Israel (stupidly rejected by their terrorist leaders) and go from there.
Israel has no interest in any deal which offers the Palestinians a fair shot at a future
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-14-2021, 04:59 AM
 
Location: Brackenwood
9,971 posts, read 5,669,596 times
Reputation: 22120
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_bob View Post
Israel has no interest in any deal which offers the Palestinians a fair shot at a future
It appears you've confused which party is governed by an organization whose charter explicitly demands the destruction of the other party and its inhabitants.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-17-2021, 04:24 AM
 
7,855 posts, read 10,284,957 times
Reputation: 5615
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
It appears you've confused which party is governed by an organization whose charter explicitly demands the destruction of the other party and its inhabitants.
irrelevant , the desire to fell an enemy is only important if it is backed up by capacity to do so , david and Goliath was only a story

besides , the palestinians have little choice but to row in behind Hamas , Hamas do a lot more than lob missiles , they are involved in utility provision and other bread and butter services , Israel bulldoze houses belonging to Palestinians and allow New Yorkers and Russians to live in new settlements , That is the source of the conflict these days and until that end , there is no basis for a peace plan

Not that Israel have the slightest interest in one anyway and why would they ? , they have unconditional support from Washington to do whatever they wish

its a sh1t deal for the palestinians so they might as well back the ones who give them a better chance of a toilet that flushes , Fatah are corrupt and bought and paid for
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-18-2021, 06:48 PM
 
Location: Brackenwood
9,971 posts, read 5,669,596 times
Reputation: 22120
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_bob View Post
irrelevant , the desire to fell an enemy is only important if it is backed up by capacity to do so , david and Goliath was only a story

besides , the palestinians have little choice but to row in behind Hamas , Hamas do a lot more than lob missiles , they are involved in utility provision and other bread and butter services , Israel bulldoze houses belonging to Palestinians and allow New Yorkers and Russians to live in new settlements , That is the source of the conflict these days and until that end , there is no basis for a peace plan

Not that Israel have the slightest interest in one anyway and why would they ? , they have unconditional support from Washington to do whatever they wish

its a sh1t deal for the palestinians so they might as well back the ones who give them a better chance of a toilet that flushes , Fatah are corrupt and bought and paid for
I'm old enough to remember when a) Sharon offered Arafat nearly all of Gaza and the West bank and Arafat's counter-offer was to launch an intifada; and b) when Israel unilaterally pulled out of Gaza and forcibly removed the Jewish settlers and Hamas returned the favor with another intifada. So yeah, I think maybe one could see why Israel isn't terribly interested in duplicating either mistake any time soon. Even the Arab world is losing patience with Hamas' and PA's antics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-15-2023, 05:43 AM
 
43,619 posts, read 44,346,965 times
Reputation: 20541
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
Yes Sinai has been part of Egypt since the 80s. Almost all the Jewish settlements were dismantled.
Egypt probably wants to give it back, they have a tough time maintaining security there. It remains a lawless area, particularly around the border of Palestine/Hamas controlled Gaza Strip.
Egypt has no interest in changing the status quo of Sinai. The recent isolated incident of a rogue Egyptian soldier crossing the border and killing 3 Israeli military personnel won't change the situation in the area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
Israel vacated the Gaza Strip nearly two decades ago. So whether they like it or not (and they rather don't), Egypt already has a Palestinian-controlled Gaza on its border.
The residents of Gaza need to rise up against Hamas which is a terrorist organization and find alternate group that wants to look after their best interests.

In any case in Egypt proper there are Palestinian Arabs who are stateless and have been losing their rights (for example to healthcare). Egypt needs to address that situation (besides allowing for the flow of supplies and people at their border with Gaza).
https://www.newarab.com/features/no-...stinians-egypt
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World

All times are GMT -6.

Ā© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top