Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who do you support?
Palestine 58 28.02%
Israel 149 71.98%
Voters: 207. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2023, 12:47 PM

14,744 posts, read 14,731,574 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post
Because your country colonised the world and made a mess out of everything.
Yes, the world was a completely peaceful place with no wars or colonization before the British Empire
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2023, 12:59 PM

752 posts, read 323,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpaul View Post
yeah right! we colonised and civilised the world. its when they get independence they balls things up.
Zimbabwe for instance, went from "Bread basket of Africa" to a basket case.
Ahhh the "white mans burden", must be a Rudyard Kipling fan. The concept is anachronistic if not downright racist (not that you are by the way).
But we are getting way off topic and I think we agree otherwise on the current conflict.

Last edited by Johnny Wadd; 11-02-2023 at 02:19 PM..

Old 11-02-2023, 03:05 PM

4,067 posts, read 5,663,024 times
2023 is a first one for me. I am not completely on eirher side. In the past, I have favored Israel for the most part. With the war-mongering, anti- democratic Netanyahu in charge. I can't be on Israel's side. On the other hand, Hamis is in charge on the other side, having erpetrated some of the worst most horrific terrorist acts I've see. So, obviously, Hamas should be obliterated if possible. That leaves the percentage of the palestines who are not Hamas. And the Israelis who oppose Netanyahu and want peace. Those last two factions I can have some sympathy for. I oppose arming Netanyahu's war machine.

Old 11-02-2023, 03:13 PM

4,067 posts, read 5,663,024 times
Nobody has all the answers. I wish someone did.

Old 11-02-2023, 03:46 PM

22,733 posts, read 19,385,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee W. View Post
2023 is a first one for me. I am not completely on eirher side. In the past, I have favored Israel for the most part. With the war-mongering, anti- democratic Netanyahu in charge. I can't be on Israel's side. On the other hand, Hamis is in charge on the other side, having erpetrated some of the worst most horrific terrorist acts I've see. So, obviously, Hamas should be obliterated if possible. That leaves the percentage of the palestines who are not Hamas. And the Israelis who oppose Netanyahu and want peace. Those last two factions I can have some sympathy for. I oppose arming Netanyahu's war machine.
and do you oppose the "war machine" that took out Hitler and the Nazis? or was it a heroic removal of something that needed to be removed for the safety and well-being of the people in the world?

if the perpetrators of atrocities are not removed, then the atrocities continue. that is a fact.
whether it is Hitler and the Nazi butchers, or ISIS and the Hamas butchers.

Old 11-02-2023, 05:42 PM

14,744 posts, read 14,731,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
and do you oppose the "war machine" that took out Hitler and the Nazis? or was it a heroic removal of something that needed to be removed for the safety and well-being of the people in the world?

if the perpetrators of atrocities are not removed, then the atrocities continue. that is a fact.
whether it is Hitler and the Nazi butchers, or ISIS and the Hamas butchers.
They bombed a refugee camp. Intentionally killing civilians is a war crime, no matter how you want to justify it.

Old 11-02-2023, 06:05 PM

35,388 posts, read 17,279,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Wadd View Post
The "red flag" is the existence of Jews in the Levant, period.
Or the existence of Jews anywhere, period, full stop.

Old 11-02-2023, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
They bombed a refugee camp. Intentionally killing civilians is a war crime, no matter how you want to justify it.
so then where are your posts decrying the war crimes of Hamas?
where are your posts objecting to Hamas use of civilian population as human shields?
including for instance keeping munitions and military headquarters under a hospital, launching missiles from residential areas and preschools, and storing and using weapons in mosques?

do you believe that taking out Hitler and the Nazi butchers is a "war crime" ?

Old 11-02-2023, 06:54 PM

i remember my Jewish grandmother, who escaped Nazi Germany when things started to get bad, and the few of her family that got out lived, but most of the family and everyone who stayed in Europe on both sides of the family was slaughtered in the Holocaust. She left Nazi Germany when my mother was about 6 years old, leaving their home and all possessions and getting on a boat and arriving in USA with nothing. For myself growing up in USA the general rule was "don't talk about the war or ask questions, it upsets your grandmother" which was reasonable. I do remember as a teenager and also when i was in college, asking my mother about how could Hitler rise to power, why wasn't he stopped sooner. and she said "no one took him seriously." I have heard other people who fled Nazi Germany say the same thing. "They thought he was some crackpot, that he would never get elected" "No one took him seriously, they thought he was just some lunatic sounding off."

i am hearing the same dismissal of Hamas at this time, and the same not taking the threat and the atrocities seriously. that people can just tune it out is to me appalling. in my view, every reasonable person would be saying "how can we stop this group, this movement, this ideology of hate which commits such atrocities" "how can we eradicate this because it is not going to go away it will just keep on committing more atrocities" "how can we protect humanity from these butchers?"

Old 11-02-2023, 07:12 PM

35,388 posts, read 17,279,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
i am hearing the same dismissal of Hamas at this time, and the same not taking the threat and the atrocities seriously. that people can just tune it out is to me appalling. in my view, every reasonable person would be saying "how can we stop this group, this movement, this ideology of hate which commits such atrocities" "how can we eradicate this because it is not going to go away it will just keep on committing more atrocities" "how can we protect humanity from these butchers?"
The "sophisticated" and "mature" people can mumble for hours about the West's diabolical past, and then agree to do nothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World