Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who do you support?
Palestine 58 28.02%
Israel 149 71.98%
Voters: 207. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2023, 07:27 AM

763 posts, read 328,164 times

Advertisements

But the map, which is not very detailed, does not show it going throw Gaza at all.

But the canal project is a fantasy, drawn up in the 70s when the Suez Canal was closed and Egypt was much more unstable. Egypt has since normalized relations with Israel and is much more friendly to the west compared to then. Regardless, it would have to go over the Negav desert hills at about a 1,000 feet in elevation. You can do it with locks with considerable expense (Panama Canal did it, but with only like 240 feet elevation), but locks require water and, if anyone forgot, water is kind of scarce in the desert. It ain't happening, never.

And that "Middle East Monitor"...yikes, unbiased they are not.

Last edited by Johnny Wadd; 11-08-2023 at 07:53 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2023, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by forgotten username View Post
How are the Gazan residents even supposed to know about it after Israel shut down internet and electricity in the strip ?
Airdropped leaflets and loudspeakers.

Such misinformation. Internet is not constantly out in Gaza, there are periodic blackouts. Gaza has it's own generator plants that power the enclave, only part of it comes from Israel. Electricity is powered by fuel, of which Hamas has stolen from the Palestinian people (they have estimated 200,000 gallons in storage to power the tunnels and fuel their rockets).

Last edited by Johnny Wadd; 11-08-2023 at 07:52 AM..

Old 11-08-2023, 07:56 AM

16,183 posts, read 7,154,494 times
Quote:
How are the Gazan residents even supposed to know about it after Israel shut down internet and electricity in the strip ? Come on, this is clearly a genocide.

As if people could walk for 15 km to Sinai through chaos and ruins in less than a couple of hours.

And for the record, there are already more civilian casualties in Gaza after one month than civilian casualties in Ukraine after a year and a half of war with Russia, so my guess is that Israel officials don't care.
10,000 civilians massacred, half of them children. A third of Gaza destroyed. The top level Hamas not even touched. No surprise Israelis are furious with Natenyahu.

Old 11-08-2023, 09:06 AM

2,084 posts, read 1,886,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
And I am disappointed that you don't entertain any other view but your own.
Forget the source, is that a possible scenario, something to ponder on?

Please, lets address the issue to which I responded. They are not even-handed sources, and I am disappointed that a moderator who does a LOT of posting would use them as a reason for "now we know."
It does sound like confirmation bias, and that is truly disappointing. I had thought better.

As for me, I read everything but take much of what I read with a grain of salt if it's obviously not a neutral source. And you don't know what views I entertain or what I read.

As for what my views are, I haven't posted my entire view of the situation here at all. You really don't know the full extent of what my views are.

I have been responding to posts that come across as one-sided, as I prefer rational, even discourse, and I thought you did, too.

Old 11-08-2023, 09:53 AM

2,388 posts, read 1,103,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
Here is the report

Be sure to check out the photo showing the family of Mohammed Tarayreh, who stabbed to death a 13-year-old Jewish girl in her bed, now eligible for a monthly stipend from the Palestinian pay for slay Fund. Mohammed had boasted on Facebook his wishes to die to avenge his cousin, Yousef Walid Tra'ayra, who also committed a terrorist attack. Regarding the man who murdered the 13-year-old Jewish girl in her bed, his mother "praised her son and hoped others would follow in his path."

OP, what are your thoughts on providing financial rewards for murdering children asleep in their beds? The 13-year-old girl attacked in her bed suffered multiple stab wounds all across her upper body. What are your thoughts on raising a family to murder children, and praising them when they do?

article here Incentivizing Terrorism: Financial Allocations to Terrorists and their Families
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
10,000 civilians massacred, half of them children. A third of Gaza destroyed. The top level Hamas not even touched. No surprise Israelis are furious with Natenyahu.
Agree. Bibi is a war-monger ....even U.S. government is starting to get uncomfortable
supporting it .....

Old 11-08-2023, 10:11 AM

14,980 posts, read 9,900,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
HAMAS is 100% responsible for every single death on both sides. Fully responsible.
Completely and totally agree.

Old 11-08-2023, 10:15 AM

If Hamas gave any consideration to civilians in Israel then I'd say with passion... that must be honored. However Hamas TARGETS civilians.

What goes around comes around. Hamas is just another form of Molech. Look it up.

Old 11-08-2023, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTB365 View Post
Agree. Bibi is a war-monger ....even U.S. government is starting to get uncomfortable
supporting it .....
In much the same way Obama called ISIS the JV because he did want to confront the politically inconvenient truth and then all hell broke lose....right? Heads being cut off, sex slaves, etc. It took cajones to say ISIS was just a bunch of murdering theives who needed to be eliminated.

Hamas is no different from ISIS. The just need to be dealt with accordingly = dead.

Old 11-08-2023, 11:14 AM

43,914 posts, read 44,687,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
Maybe you should read articles, books, reports about the history of the creation of the state of Israel in sources other than religious. The purpose of Religious texts is spiritual growth, not an excuse for mass murder. Sorry.
Actually I haven't read the whole Bible. I happen to have an undergraduate degree in International Relations with a focus on the Middle East. (So I have read a lot about the establishment of the modern State of Israel.) But I think it is you who need a review of history. Here is a good video with that in mind:
https://youtu.be/XNf40sBcvKk?si=5uVP87qZGw61FPd_

Also there is plenty of archaeology proof of the Jewish connection to the Land of Israel. I am sure you can Google that if you are interested.

Quote:
How are the Gazan residents even supposed to know about it after Israel shut down internet and electricity in the strip ? Come on, this is clearly a genocide.

As per Al Jazeera, they recharge their cellphone batteries using car batteries. So they do have a way to know what is going on in the world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYwJNqyxvYU

Old 11-08-2023, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTB365 View Post
supporting it .....
Well this isn't the P&C forum but Biden is politically hedging and waffling in order to increase his poll numbers. All it shows is poor and weak leadership. No resolve, indecisive. That's why we get into wars in the first place. Why no cease fire? It was tried in the 2006 Lebanon War against Hezbollah. Israel agreed with a UN brokered cease fire. UN peacekeepers, etc. It was a complete failure. Israel kept to the cease fire, Hezbollah did not. Rockets and raids continued, Hezbollah was rearmed by Iran. Today Hezbollah is tens times as strong as it was in 2006. Cease fires just cause more death in the long run, for both Israelis and Palestinians.

But, this "pause" talk is just nonsense. IDF has already instituted pauses to help Gaza residents evacuate. You just don't read about it. IDF has also worked with Jordan with airlifts to provide food and water to the Gaza residents. You don't read about that either.

In a time of war, you probably want a war-monger as your leader.

Last edited by Johnny Wadd; 11-08-2023 at 12:44 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World