Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who do you support?
Palestine 58 28.16%
Israel 148 71.84%
Voters: 206. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2023, 05:23 AM

43,695 posts, read 44,435,568 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by docyabut View Post
The U.S. and Israel are unsure of how many hostages that Hamas terrorists took on Oct. 7 are "still alive," national security adviser Jake Sullivan said Sullivan made the comments during an appearance on ABC's "This Week." He said the U.S. remains focused on securing the release of the nine U.S. citizens and one U.S. green card-holder believed to be in Hamas custody. He said that while Israel is classifying all 239 missing individuals as hostages of Hamas, there is no way to be sure how many of them are "still alive..

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/us-...-jake-sullivan
Israel still hasn't been able to identify every single dead body from the Hamas attack which is why there has been uncertainty about the number of hostages to begin with.

Since Hamas isn't holding all the hostages, even they can say how many exactly are still alive and if some were killed due to Israeli airstrikes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the troubadour View Post

All nations have radicals . It may be fair to state Gaza has more than its share. One should take into account that many have been living close to conditions of a prison since the blockage imposed by Israel. Thus breeding grounds of dissent evolve from such situations.

Are not some young Israeli's equally express radical views against Palestinians or Arabs in general? Hatred on all sides further prolongs any chance of some sort of solution.
Gaza has never had prison like conditions. Those associated with Hamas have lived very well and there are photos that prove it. Also Egypt has a border with Gaza that it could open freely whenever it wanted to relieve the situation in Gaza (but obviously they interested in doing so on a regular basis).

Most Israelis are not extremists (although there are some currently in the Israeli Government). Here is the testimony of an Israeli Muslim Arab (who volunteers with an organization that helps collect dead bodies) about what he saw after the October 7th Massacre and he expressed identification with the Israeli people;
https://youtu.be/pCK49QIVc9U?si=a4ECIHOYRaMq6e_b
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2023, 07:33 AM

15,984 posts, read 7,044,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the troubadour View Post
I expect witnessing what is going down, will prove enough to radicalise another generation of Palestinians at the very least.

I suspect may well be part of the reading matter of a number of Far Right Germans and Americans, as well, among others.

All nations have radicals . It may be fair to state Gaza has more than its share. One should take into account that many have been living close to conditions of a prison since the blockage imposed by Israel. Thus breeding grounds of dissent evolve from such situations.

Are not some young Israeli's equally express radical views against Palestinians or Arabs in general? Hatred on all sides further prolongs any chance of some sort of solution.
The larger effect of this unholy reign of terror with impunity is that the tyrants around the world are watching carefully and taking notes. The right wing extremists in every country in Asia and Africa, such as India's right wing Hindu National party, who would love to do away with the supreme court and has total control over media, the only controls over unbridled nationalism and tyranny, now have a road map. Just do it and ask questions later. There are no consequences.

Old 11-13-2023, 07:46 AM

7,501 posts, read 6,297,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
Arabic copy of Adolf Hitler’s ‘Mein Kampf’ found inside child’s room in Gaza

A copy of Hitler’s notorious book Mein Kampf was found among the personal belongs of one of the terrorists, in a children's play room used as a Hamas terror base in the Gaza Strip.

Hamas embraces the ideology of Hitler. The Arabic language copy of the book is annotated with highlights and written comments. Herzog said: “This is Adolf Hitler’s book ‘Mein Kampf’ translated into Arabic. This is the book that led to the Holocaust and the book that led to World War II. The terrorist wrote notes, marked the sections, and studied again and again Adolf Hitler’s ideology to hate the Jews, to kill the Jews, to burn and slaughter Jews wherever they are. This is the real war we are facing.”

https://nypost.com/2023/11/12/news/a...-room-in-gaza/

The irony is that nazi propaganda seems to have been pretty influential in how Israel is dealing with this, as we're getting close to 10 times more gazan victims than the total number of victims of the Hamas Attack

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collective_punishment

When will this massacre stop ?

Old 11-13-2023, 09:01 AM

22,243 posts, read 19,245,773 times
"The 27 European Union nations have jointly condemned Hamas for the use of hospitals and civilians as “human shields” in the war against Israel. The EU condemns the use of hospitals and civilians as human shields by Hamas. Latvian Foreign Minister Krisjanis Karins said that “Hamas is unfortunately using civilian infrastructure and civilians as shields."

article EU nations condemn Hamas for use of hospitals, civilians as ‘human shields’

Old 11-13-2023, 09:27 AM

Hamas blocks IDF fuel delivery to Gaza's Shifa Hospital
Three separate recordings of the event released. A health official in Gaza stated that Yusef Abu Rish, director general of Gaza's Hamas-run Health Ministry, prevented the hospital from receiving the fuel.

Hamas steals fuel from Gazan hospitals
Earlier in November, proof released proof that Hamas was stealing fuel from Gazan hospitals. On November 1, released a recording between a Hamas commander and a representative from the Indonesian Hospital in Gaza. Two days later, released a recording of a Gazan health official explaining how Hamas stole fuel from Shifa Hospital.

article, Hamas blocks IDF fuel delivery to Gaza's Shifa Hospital

Old 11-13-2023, 09:28 AM

Arab, Western officials agree Hamas is keeping Gaza food, fuel for itself – NY Times
Arab and Western officials told The New York Times over the weekend that Hamas is stockpiling food and fuel in the Gaza Strip, keeping it from residents who are in desperate need. The comments back up similar Israeli assertions. The officials told the paper Friday that the terror group has amassed stores in its vast network of tunnels.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/arab-w...self-ny-times/

Old 11-13-2023, 09:36 AM

711 posts, read 295,457 times
Quote:
Arab, Western officials agree Hamas is keeping Gaza food, fuel for itself – NY Times
Arab and Western officials told The New York Times over the weekend that Hamas is stockpiling food and fuel in the Gaza Strip, keeping it from residents who are in desperate need. The comments back up similar Israeli assertions. The officials told the paper Friday that the terror group has amassed stores in its vast network of tunnels.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/arab-w...self-ny-times/
Hamas is also preventing Gaza residents from fleeing south in the 4 hour daily humanitarian pauses that Israel is allowing. I think that is a tactical mistake myself, while IDF pauses Hamas reorganizes and rearms. And as you can see from a few posts above Israel is still condemned by the misinformed and ignorant.

There is no limit to what they will do to hide among the population. Building command centers under Hospitals. Hamas also has it's own fleet of ambulances to ferry weapons and soldiers back and forth because, per Hamas, "“the Jews don’t attack ambulances.”

https://www.timesofisrael.com/hamas-...rheard-by-idf/

Old 11-13-2023, 10:20 AM

2,391 posts, read 1,074,528 times
Quote:
Hamas blocks IDF fuel delivery to Gaza's Shifa Hospital
Three separate recordings of the event released. A health official in Gaza stated that Yusef Abu Rish, director general of Gaza's Hamas-run Health Ministry, prevented the hospital from receiving the fuel.

Hamas steals fuel from Gazan hospitals
Earlier in November, proof released proof that Hamas was stealing fuel from Gazan hospitals. On November 1, released a recording between a Hamas commander and a representative from the Indonesian Hospital in Gaza. Two days later, released a recording of a Gazan health official explaining how Hamas stole fuel from Shifa Hospital.

article, Hamas blocks IDF fuel delivery to Gaza's Shifa Hospital
The IDF "fuel delivery" was only 300 liters....and Shifa Hospital did accept it....
300 liters is great to fill up my SUV..... but.....Shifa Hospital needs 10,000 liters a day!

So 300 liters is a drop in the bucket...accept it or refuse it...really doesn't matter much...
that tiny amount is kinda a slap in face,,.

Old 11-13-2023, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTB365 View Post
The IDF "fuel delivery" was only 300 liters....and Shifa Hospital did accept it....
300 liters is great to fill up my SUV..... but.....Shifa Hospital needs 10,000 liters a day!

So 300 liters is a drop in the bucket...accept it or refuse it...really doesn't matter much...
that tiny amount is kinda a slap in face,,.
A slap in the face that IDF soldiers risked there lives to provide fuel? They probably did it by stuffing armored carriers full of fuel cans, a dangerous mission in a combat zone...you can guess that a tanker truck wouldn't last a few hundred yards in Gaza without a Hamas RPG hitting it. Anyways the fuel was apparently delivered but Hamas appears to have taken it. Hamas also has hundreds of thousands of gallons of fuel in storage that they are using in their rockets.

By the say, most of Gaza's fuel came from Egypt before the war, mostly to supply Gaza's own power plant. You should ask Egypt why they cut them off.

Old 11-13-2023, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowlander67 View Post
In my opinion excessive violence is and has been used. I think enough blood has already flown and the sooner the fighting stops the better.

We might not agree on this matter but that is fine with me. I can respect people who come up with good arguments but have a different opinion than my own. Unfortunately, discussions like this have a tendency to become a bit heated sometimes.

Although the ww2 subject is indeed a bit off-topic I would like to respond to that.

In many European countries, including mine, there was already a political party supporting the German Nazi policies before the war started. These people were looked down upon and weren't appreciated by the vast majority. When the Germans invaded they became much more in control, with all the consequences. Also some of the more opportunistic people joined the dark side, which was expected. Collaboration happened in all the occupied countries in some shape or form and many came away with it, unfortunately.
Hey after I saw post #645 I think it is, basically praising HAMAS (the one saying "I congratulate the Palestinian freedom fighters, and wish them well!"), everything else from anyone else is OK. We had another saying that Hamas using human shields was fake news...so you get all kinds. Nothing bothers me. Continue on with your opinions, no problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World