Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: Who do you support?
Palestine 58 28.16%
Israel 148 71.84%
Voters: 206. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-22-2023, 09:39 AM
 
17,874 posts, read 15,966,007 times
Reputation: 11662

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Wadd View Post
Anti-Semitism runs deep. The one you are responding to, look at the posters history of responses in this thread. It's almost scary what this guy believes in or does not understand. I remember him from another thread. This is a guy that doesn't even know that US forces fought in North Africa in WW2. Scary.
There is nothing more frightening than any Nation being above criticism.

Last edited by NJ Brazen_3133; 06-22-2023 at 09:58 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-22-2023, 10:38 AM
 
711 posts, read 295,457 times
Reputation: 1255
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
There is nothing more frightening than any Nation being above criticism.
I agree. But let's add two words here: Accurate criticism without Bias.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-22-2023, 11:43 AM
 
17,874 posts, read 15,966,007 times
Reputation: 11662
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Wadd View Post
I agree. But let's add two words here: Accurate criticism without Bias.
And not pretending/stating something is accurate or inaccurate because of bias and rhetoric.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-22-2023, 01:28 PM
 
711 posts, read 295,457 times
Reputation: 1255
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
And not pretending/stating something is accurate or inaccurate because of bias and rhetoric.
Again I agree. But you are the guy that doesn't know that the US fought in North Africa in WWII, basic history. So please don't preach about accuracy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-22-2023, 07:47 PM
 
17,874 posts, read 15,966,007 times
Reputation: 11662
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Wadd View Post
Again I agree. But you are the guy that doesn't know that the US fought in North Africa in WWII, basic history. So please don't preach about accuracy.
pssst, US in North Africa has nothing to do with topic. I am not even going to tell you that is a pathetic response.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-24-2023, 08:28 AM
 
881 posts, read 924,573 times
Reputation: 488
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Wadd View Post

It is very different from the example you mention, no similarity at all.
many very obvious similarities and things in common, and you took the phrase you quoted out of context. The main point is that most countries were created by Colonialism, power, war.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-24-2023, 03:51 PM
 
Location: Wylie, Texas
3,836 posts, read 4,447,228 times
Reputation: 6120
I have to admit that I've struggled to understand the Israeli rationale for steadily chipping away at the notion of two separate states, mainly through the continued expansion of the settlements. Even the US who has always been in Israel's corner, is dead set against the settlements (although they do nothing to force Israel to stop it).

The obvious end game for Israel is to eventually have the entirety of the West Bank occupied by enough Jews to make formal incorporation into Israel easier. But this will also mean incorporating millions of Arab Muslims who have zero desire to be part of Israel. I have no idea why Israel would want so many enemies forced to be part of a country that they despise. It doesnt help things on the peace front. Neither side can stand the other. It weakens the Jewish identity of the country since Arabs historically have higher birth rates than Jews. It would simply be a continuation of beef that has gone on and off for a thousand years. I just dont get it. I can only speculate that the Israelis are confident that their current tech and financial superiority would be enough to ensure Jewish survival in a combined state, or on an even more sinister level, induce/force the muslims to move to neighboring Arab states like Jordan for example. But yeah I dont get it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-24-2023, 04:07 PM
 
15,983 posts, read 7,044,200 times
Reputation: 8559
Quote:
Originally Posted by biafra4life View Post
I have to admit that I've struggled to understand the Israeli rationale for steadily chipping away at the notion of two separate states, mainly through the continued expansion of the settlements. Even the US who has always been in Israel's corner, is dead set against the settlements (although they do nothing to force Israel to stop it).

The obvious end game for Israel is to eventually have the entirety of the West Bank occupied by enough Jews to make formal incorporation into Israel easier. But this will also mean incorporating millions of Arab Muslims who have zero desire to be part of Israel. I have no idea why Israel would want so many enemies forced to be part of a country that they despise. It doesnt help things on the peace front. Neither side can stand the other. It weakens the Jewish identity of the country since Arabs historically have higher birth rates than Jews. It would simply be a continuation of beef that has gone on and off for a thousand years. I just dont get it. I can only speculate that the Israelis are confident that their current tech and financial superiority would be enough to ensure Jewish survival in a combined state, or on an even more sinister level, induce/force the muslims to move to neighboring Arab states like Jordan for example. But yeah I dont get it.
Or extermination by bombing and destruction of Palatine homes, their youth and children, and ghettoizing Muslims. It is happening already.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-25-2023, 01:36 AM
 
1,764 posts, read 1,028,472 times
Reputation: 1943
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
Those European countries are wealthy because they work with the rest of Europe. Europe as a whole has natural resources or they exploited it at one point to become powerful enough to prop each other up over centuries. Russia is not poor. Nigeria and rest of Africa is up and coming.

You are in denial. I get it. It is hard to admit something like that. Israel be exactly worse than what you think Venezuela is without America.

South Korea, Taiwan and Japan etc etc were also propped up by America to curb communism, and Wall Street wanted to transfer more of America's wealth into its own pockets by using Japan and SK in its globalization campaign.
Well, the USA has a large and wealthy Jewish diaspora and 5 out 10 richest Americans are Jews. Americans Jews have traditionally helped with funding Israel. This has been especially since the holocaust of WW2 since a large proportion of Jews that moved to Israel were holocaust survivors and a large proportion of American Jews have had relatives that died in the holocaust and also have relatives in Israel. Venezuelans in America are not rich enmass like American Jews are. Plus the US main political parties really depend on Jewish funding and support. That why the main political parties in USA are pro-Israel. I believe if a large majority of Venezuelans in America were rich and a large proportion of them are among the richest people in America, America stance on Venezuela would change.

Plus, there is Christian organizations that donate a lot to Israel too. As a large proportion of Christians do see Jews as God chosen people and see it Godly on spending money to charities in Israel.

Last edited by herenow1; 06-25-2023 at 01:53 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-25-2023, 11:47 PM
 
Location: Taipei
8,869 posts, read 8,454,383 times
Reputation: 7414
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
Those European countries are wealthy because they work with the rest of Europe. Europe as a whole has natural resources or they exploited it at one point to become powerful enough to prop each other up over centuries. Russia is not poor. Nigeria and rest of Africa is up and coming.

You are in denial. I get it. It is hard to admit something like that. Israel be exactly worse than what you think Venezuela is without America.

South Korea, Taiwan and Japan etc etc were also propped up by America to curb communism, and Wall Street wanted to transfer more of America's wealth into its own pockets by using Japan and SK in its globalization campaign.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World

All times are GMT -6.

Ā© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top