Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2021, 01:00 AM

61,713 posts, read 87,123,005 times

Advertisements

Or what about Asians living in the Netherlands...?
Are they taller than Chinese women?

BTW: your thread title is about Asian Americans, but you compare them to only Chinese women. You should compare Chinese-American women with Chinese women living in China.

Old 07-04-2021, 05:35 AM

185 posts, read 105,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Or what about Asians living in the Netherlands...?
Are they taller than Chinese women?

BTW: your thread title is about Asian Americans, but you compare them to only Chinese women. You should compare Chinese-American women with Chinese women living in China.
In Europe and North America, many 30 to 50 year olds are also tall Southern Han I feel genetically hard to grow very tall East Asians can approach Europe and North America in height Only Chinese men in the north and West But the process will take 20 or 30 years I met Chinese people on a foreign dating website. Many of them speak Cantonese Some are from Taiwan Today's young people are taller than before, but the actual average height is still less than 178cm The height data of Han people in the north is 174 to 177.5cm If it's 50 years old, the average height is - 5 to 7cm The average height of Han people in South China ranges from 170cm to 175cm The tallest are Shanghai and Jiangsu, Hubei and Anhui, and the shortest are Guangxi, Guizhou and Guangdong, Hunan 50 year old man - 5cm The shortest is 174CM in the north and 170cm in the south This is the real height data of China I see the height of most provinces in China

Old 07-04-2021, 07:54 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,892,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangbatibetan View Post
I mean, these Asians were born in the United States Getting better food should be able to grow higher Northwest China has always been the poorest region in China https://tieba.baidu.com/p/6522631021 Baoji City, Shaanxi Province 17 years old boys174.6cm 992 boys Girl 161.9cm 1141 girls 18 year old boys 174.7cm 782 boys 18year old girls 162.1cm 708girls GDP has something to do with height, of course The development of China is very uneven The rich are very rich In many European countries, their wage gap is small Top 10 cities in North China vs top 10 cities in South China Except Beijing The GDP of southern cities is twice that of northern cities It's not just Cantonese in southern China Wuhan Nanjing Shanghai Their young women are also taller on average than Asian American women Shandong is the tallest person in northern China I went to Europe once in 2012. Shandong is stronger than Spain and Italy It's about the same size as the French and the British But shorter than the German and Dutch Now in 2021, Shandong people are higher Zoucheng is a very small city in Shandong The height of people in Northeast China is almost the same as that of Shandong Northeast people are extreme, either very slim or very fat
You totally ignored my point. Totally. You are just wasting bandwidth by spouting non-relevant data.

I will spell it out again for you - Asian Americans are not exclusively or even primarily Chinese. At least three members here are trying to tell you this. Is there a language comprehension issue here? I am not trying to mock you, I am serious because I think English is your second language.

If we focus outward, the average height of a female in the US is 161.8, average height of a female in China is 158cm. If we take the asian american sample (which is HIGHER than China at 158.4 - which pretty much destroys your OP), we would have to factor in ethic impacts with southeast asians and Pacific Islanders as well who are not as tall due to other ethnic factors. I don't know if there is a study of the height of exclusive Chinese-Americans.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Averag...ght_by_country

So
#1 - your premise is wrong, US Asian Females are taller than Chinese females, and
#2 - regardless, none of us comparing a similar ethnic population.

Last edited by Dd714; 07-04-2021 at 08:36 AM..

Old 07-04-2021, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
You totally ignored my point. Totally. You are just wasting bandwidth by spouting non-relevant data.

I will spell it out again for you - Asian Americans are not exclusively or even primarily Chinese. At least three members here are trying to tell you this. Is there a language comprehension issue here? I am not trying to mock you, I am serious because I think English is your second language.

If we focus outward, the average height of a female in the US is 161.8, average height of a female in China is 158cm. If we take the asian american sample (which is HIGHER than China at 158.4 - which pretty much destroys your OP), we would have to factor in ethic impacts with southeast asians and Pacific Islanders as well who are not as tall due to other ethnic factors. I don't know if there is a study of the height of exclusive Chinese-Americans.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Averag...ght_by_country

So
#1 - your premise is wrong, US Asian Females are taller than Chinese females, and
#2 - regardless, none of us comparing a similar ethnic population.
Are you sure Asian American women are taller than Chinese women?...... Wikipedia I see Two northern cities and two southern cities I see that women are taller than Asian American women..

Old 07-05-2021, 03:15 AM

1,136 posts, read 525,982 times
Chinese people can't be generalized. There are a few cities in Southern China where you can see women and men have different looks and heights. Because people in these cities came from all provinces of China. Nowadays more young urban people have parents from different regions of China. They may have a parent from Southern China and another parent from Northern China.

Old 07-05-2021, 09:00 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,892,069 times
Quote:
Are you sure Asian American women are taller than Chinese women?...... Wikipedia I see Two northern cities and two southern cities I see that women are taller than Asian American women..
Well that's what Wikipedia clearly says. You are welcome to question the data, but Asian American women average are 158.4 cm, Chinese women are 158cm, thus are shorter. It's clearly stated. Thus the title of your thread is wrong. But then again it's an apples and oranges comparison anyways for the reason I had stated, and for which you continuously ignore.

China further separates it out per cities, based on studies of students, but again then we are simply getting into even further smaller samples and regional and age differences, rendering any comparison invalid.

Really what's your point here?

Old 07-05-2021, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
Well that's what Wikipedia clearly says. You are welcome to question the data, but Asian American women average are 158.4 cm, Chinese women are 158cm, thus are shorter. It's clearly stated. Thus the title of your thread is wrong. But then again it's an apples and oranges comparison anyways for the reason I had stated, and for which you continuously ignore.

China further separates it out per cities, based on studies of students, but again then we are simply getting into even further smaller samples and regional and age differences, rendering any comparison invalid.

Really what's your point here?
Asian American women are 158.2cm. From my observation, 158.2 should be the height of Guangdong women Now women in many places are significantly higher than this 158.2cm https://tieba.baidu.com/p/7319772583 This is the average height of Guangzhou The average height of 18-year-old female is 159.94cm, The average weight is 50.37 kg and that of 18-year-old male is 172.22cm The average weight is 62.43 kg https://tieba.baidu.com/p/6219686605 Hangzhou City, Zhejiang Province The average height of men aged 20 to 24 is 172.9cm, and the average weight is 69.8kg The average height of women aged 20 to 24 is 160.7cm Asian American women are shorter on average than southern Chinese women It's not just Asian American women, Mexican American women, Hispanic American women are shorter than southern Chinese women The difference is just weight

Old 07-05-2021, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomboy- View Post
Chinese people can't be generalized. There are a few cities in Southern China where you can see women and men have different looks and heights. Because people in these cities came from all provinces of China. Nowadays more young urban people have parents from different regions of China. They may have a parent from Southern China and another parent from Northern China.
Shanghai men are like this. Because I often see some Shanghai men who are taller than me I'm 185cm But it's usually just young men I also saw four 200cm men in Shanghai I spent 15 days in Shanghai in 2018

Old 07-05-2021, 08:11 PM

14,308 posts, read 11,702,283 times
Quote:
It's not just Asian American women, Mexican American women, Hispanic American women are shorter than southern Chinese women The difference is just weight
Indigenous Central and South Americans tend to be very short. The average Guatemalan woman, for instance, is about 149cm. And when people from this region immigrate to the US, they don't magically become as tall as Northern Europeans or North Chinese in one or two generations.

Old 07-05-2021, 08:36 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,038,045 times
Kangbatibetan, I hope you will understand that no disrespect or insult is intended when I say this, but I think it needs to be said.

I don't understand what is the point of your topic or your posts, so just as other people have asked you "What is your point?" I ask the same thing. Are you trying to make some kind of point and if so what is it? It seems to me that you are hung up and nit-picking about unimportant, trivial minutiae and tiny numbers that nobody else except you will care about. I certainly don't care.

I'm a woman, a petite Canadian of European descent, I'm 5 feet/152.40 cm tall, and I'm acquainted with many, many Asian-Canadian women who are descended from Asian countries everywhere. Some are taller than me and some are much shorter than me - it doesn't make any difference to me and I don't care about the heights of any of them. It isn't important.

If you can't be polite enough to explain to those who have asked you "what is the point of your post?" then you should not expect anyone else to take your posts seriously.

Seriously - There is nothing particularly important about the height of people.

Stature is only in the eye of the beholder.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World