Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2021, 08:23 AM

5,213 posts, read 3,013,754 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
No you haven't, don't lie.
You obviously dont want an actual conversation. Have a good day.

Old 12-12-2021, 08:24 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,024,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk55732 View Post
You obviously dont want an actual conversation. Have a good day.
Well perhaps if you took my posts into context first then we can talk about them?

Old 12-12-2021, 08:27 AM

910 posts, read 367,209 times
Quote:
Hmmm, for some strange reason you keep missing the facts, I'll post the again, perhaps this time you will read them!?
102 nations have an international cricket team they are all members of the ICC:-

Cricket playing nations, international cricket teams list | Professional cricket

Cricket is played across the globe, in every continent, not only that it appear to be growing in popularity! Maybe even more than the incredible 1.6 BILLION people that watched the last world cup will watch the next world cup!?
As I explained to you several times. Cricket is not played in Canada, China, Mexico, Brazil, USA, Continental Europe, South America, Most of Africa, Russia, Japan, Korea, and many more places. THAT IS MOST OF THE WORLD DUDE! How can you called it a "world" game, when most of the world doesn't play it!

Old 12-12-2021, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vindag View Post
As I explained to you several times. Cricket is not played in Canada, China, Mexico, Brazil, USA, Continental Europe, South America, Most of Africa, Russia, Japan, Korea, and many more places. THAT IS MOST OF THE WORLD DUDE! How can you called it a "world" game, when most of the world doesn't play it!
It IS played in 102 countries though, quite a lot no!? The world cup is also watched by 1.6 BILLION people worldwide and they're obviously not all Indian! Its arguably the 2nd most popular sport on the planet! How do the American Footall or baseball world cup viewing figures match up?

Old 12-12-2021, 08:42 AM

910 posts, read 367,209 times
Quote:
It IS played in 102 countries though, quite a lot no!? The world cup is also watched by 1.6 BILLION people worldwide and they're obviously not all Indian! Its arguably the 2nd most popular sport on the planet! How do the American Footall or baseball world cup viewing figures match up?
That doesn't make it a "world game". Just look at the major continents where it is not popular. North America, Europe, Africa, South America, and Russia, the largest country in the world, and China the country with the most people.

Old 12-12-2021, 08:48 AM

1,736 posts, read 2,526,999 times
I feel like a fake brazilian. Because I don't understand either why people likes soccer so much.

People here has an emotional relation with the team which goes much beyond the arena, there are even children "baptized" as supporter of a team. The feeling towards the team is almost religious. Without joke, near my home, which is in the same neighbourhood of the headquarters of Corinthians, one of the most famous brazilian teams and perhaps the team with most emotive supporters, there is a thematic restaurant with the crest of Corinthians and the title in the façade "Play for us" (a word play on the catholic phrase "pray for us").

I guess that it comes from the golden age of soccer, when brazilian was arguably the "dream team" of FIFA and stars such as Pelé, Garrincha, Zico, Romário, Ronaldo, have built the fame of Brazil in this sport. The elderly transmitted this feeling to the younger generations. It's more a matter of self-identification and "togetherness" with friends than an interest in the sport because it has some interesting feature.

As a matter of curiosity, a sport which became popular for a time in Brazil is curling, during the Sóchi Winter Olympics in 2014. As we are not familiar with winter sports due to obvious climatic reasons, for some time it receive some popularity because people perceived it as exotic and interesting.

Old 12-12-2021, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vindag View Post
That doesn't make it a "world game". Just look at the major continents where it is not popular. North America, Europe, Africa, South America, and Russia, the largest country in the world, and China the country with the most people.
It IS popular in Europe though!? The Netherlands, the UK, Ireland in particular but they're not the only countries in Europe that compete in the world cup, the West Indies are in North America and cricket there is practically a religion! It is also played in Argentina, Brazil and Chile of which it is most popular in Argentina. Of course its not AS popular in South America as in Europe, Asia, Africa or the West Indies and it doesn't have the global reach of football (no sport has) but it's still one of the most popular sports on the planet (if not the 2nd most popular by world population playing and watching) How about the baseball world cup?

Old 12-12-2021, 09:41 AM

368 posts, read 213,888 times
Quote:
Really? I'm quoting real life statistics, he.........is not, in fact he's just making sh*t up, these guys are NOT athletic, they're just fat:-

https://www.insidehook.com/wp-conten...?fit=950%2C800

71% of Americans ARE obese, that doesn't eve take into account how many others are just 'overweight'! The Dutch are the biggest people on the planet, followed by the Scandinavians. I don't know who the f*ck lebron is but if he's a basketball player he plays a VERY easy sport - any c*nt can bounce a ball up and down with his hands - I know I played at junior school (little kids play it here because its a piece of p*ss to play).

If they're not athletic Easthome, how is it that they are faster and far more agile than you (they often run 4.7-4.8 40 yard dash, which is very fast in general, likely faster than you ever were at any weight, and extremely fast for someone of that size)? https://www.nola.com/sports/saints/a...ca9ec7528.html Again, this guy is way faster and more athletic than you ever were: https://www.nola.com/sports/saints/a...f7018d6b9.html

I was a lighter weight defensive end who relied mostly on speed and yes, there are some fat and slow guys at the lower levels, but in NFL they are huge AND extremely fast/athletic. I don't care if they have a gut, they are still extremely athletic, fast, and have a high endurance. You just don't know what the hell you're talking about.

Last edited by pclem; 12-12-2021 at 09:52 AM..

Old 12-12-2021, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pclem View Post
If they're not athletic Easthome, how is it that they are faster (they generally run 4.6-4.8 40m dash, which is very fast in general, surely faster than you ever were, and extremely fast for someone of that size) and far more agile than you? I was a lighter weight defensive end who relied mostly on speed and yes, there are some fat and slow guys at the lower levels, but in NFL they are huge AND extremely fast/athletic. I don't care if they have a gut, they are still extremely athletic, fast, and have a high endurance. You just don't know what the hell you're talking about.
Fat is simply not 'athletic'! I doubt any of those guys could run for more than the 40 metres! Look I'm NOT saying that ALL NFL players are fat, I'm not saying that none of them are 'athletic', I AM saying that those blokes on those pictures are NOT athletic.........they are fat. Is it perhaps that 'fat' in the US is 'fatter' than 'fat' is in Europe because the US population in general is on the erm 'larger' side? Perhaps you just don't see 'fat' anymore? Its like when you watch 'old' films and you notice how skinny everybody is?

Old 12-12-2021, 10:05 AM

368 posts, read 213,888 times
Quote:
Fat is simply not 'athletic'! I doubt any of those guys could run for more than the 40 metres! Look I'm NOT saying that ALL NFL players are fat, I'm not saying that none of them are 'athletic', I AM saying that those blokes on those pictures are NOT athletic.........they are fat. Is it perhaps that 'fat' in the US is 'fatter' than 'fat' is in Europe because the US population in general is on the erm 'larger' side? Perhaps you just don't see 'fat' anymore? Its like when you watch 'old' films and you notice how skinny everybody is?
Sorry, you just don't understand the meaning of words. I'm over this argument. Athletic does not mean aesthetic. It means you move your body quickly, effectively, efficiently. Which is exactly what these guys do. It means you have high degree of 'physiological intelligence' and good instincts. Gut aside, they are faster, stronger, and more agile than you, i.e. they're athletic. Your problem is that you've just never seen big guys who are very athletic. They exist, and 100.0% of the offensive and defensive linemen in the NFL are highly athletic.

You can have a layer or a few layers of fat and be very athletic. You can be ripped with an 8-pack, look great in photos, and be slow, uncoordinated, weak/lacking in power, and a terrible athlete. I've seen both many times.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World