Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2021, 09:33 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,024,262 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vindag View Post
More false information from you!
No it isn't! Can you name ANY international team sports world cups anywhere near as 'big' as the big three football, cricket and rugby? All of them are watched over multiple group and knockout matches by tens of thousands of people at each stadium every game played, watched by hundreds of millions of people on their TV,s across the world and 101 nations play rugby and are members of the IRB, 106 countries play cricket and are members of the ICC, a MASSIVE 211 countries play football and are members of FIFA!!
The pinnacle of team sporting achievement for these countries are the world cups of each sport!

Old 12-14-2021, 09:45 AM

910 posts, read 367,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
No it isn't! Can you name ANY international team sports world cups anywhere near as 'big' as the big three football, cricket and rugby? All of them are watched over multiple group and knockout matches by tens of thousands of people at each stadium every game played, watched by hundreds of millions of people on their TV,s across the world and 101 nations play rugby and are members of the IRB, 106 countries play cricket and are members of the ICC, a MASSIVE 211 countries play football and are members of FIFA!!
The pinnacle of team sporting achievement for these countries are the world cups of each sport!
Nobody in America gives a rat's ass, who wins in cricket or rugby. Some do care who wins the soccer World Cup. I only care about the American sports, because that is what is important to me.

Old 12-14-2021, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Nobody in America gives a rat's ass, who wins in cricket or rugby. Some do care who wins the soccer World Cup. I only care about the American sports, because that is what is important to me.
Well that's fair enough, but don't make the mistake of thinking that football, rugby and cricket are not three of the biggest sports on the planet when they are the three biggest team sport world cups by some distance. Whether people in the US 'care' or not isn't going to change that fact.

Old 12-14-2021, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Well that's fair enough, but don't make the mistake of thinking that football, rugby and cricket are not three of the biggest sports on the planet when they are the three biggest team sport world cups by some distance. Whether people in the US 'care' or not isn't going to change that fact.
Your facts in your head. Rugby and Cricket are not played by most of the world! I don't care if a billion people in India play cricket, there are 8 billion people in the world!

Old 12-14-2021, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Your facts in your head. Rugby and Cricket are not played by most of the world! I don't care if a billion people in India play cricket, there are 8 billion people in the world!
They're played by big chunks of the world! I even posted the links! 101 countries are FULL members of the IRB, other countries play but the game perhaps is less serious so they are not members, 106 countries are FULL members of the ICC, India is NOT 106 countries! ALL members of the associations compete to qualify for the world cups of these sports, there are 211 FULL members of FIFA! Again all of which compete to qualify for the world cup.
Now they are the most popular team sports (obviously particularly football), can you name any other team sports that are as global or that have global world cups on these scales?

Old 12-14-2021, 11:20 AM

Quote:
They're played by big chunks of the world! I even posted the links! 101 countries are FULL members of the IRB, other countries play but the game perhaps is less serious so they are not members, 106 countries are FULL members of the ICC, India is NOT 106 countries! ALL members of the associations compete to qualify for the world cups of these sports, there are 211 FULL members of FIFA! Again all of which compete to qualify for the world cup.
Now they are the most popular team sports (obviously particularly football), can you name any other team sports that are as global or that have global world cups on these scales?
Only a portion of the 8 billion people on the planet, play either rugby or cricket. They are not "world games" because most of the 8 billion people on the planet, simply don't play them, including the world's most populous country in China, and the world's largest economy in the USA. Only your English arrogance, is giving them more importance than they are due.

Last edited by vindag; 12-14-2021 at 11:41 AM..

Old 12-14-2021, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Only a portion of the 8 billion people on the planet, play either rugby or cricket. They are not "world games" because most of the 8 billion people on the planet, simply don't play them, including the world's most populous country in China, and the world's largest economy in the USA. Only your English arrogance, is giving them more importance than they are due.
Yes 101 countries play rugby and 106 play cricket! That's a pretty impressive 'portion' no? Can you give me any other team sports that are this popular!? I'm still waiting for you to give me ANY team sports world cups that are anything like as popular as 'the big 3'?

Old 12-14-2021, 12:34 PM

103 posts, read 33,434 times
Quote:
What country are you from? I am proud to say I am a citizen of The United State of America!
That is most dumbest thing to say. Only in USA do they tell you can show your patriotism by buying, talking,writing and singing how patriotic you. This country tells you that is all acceptable patriotic actions you can take lol. Just shut up with your over the top internet patriotism you embarasing those who walk the walk when it comes to patriotism lol

Old 12-14-2021, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzedmraz View Post
That is most dumbest thing to say. Only in USA do they tell you can show your patriotism by buying, talking,writing and singing how patriotic you. This country tells you that is all acceptable patriotic actions you can take lol. Just shut up with your over the top internet patriotism you embarasing those who walk the walk when it comes to patriotism lol
Well, America certainly welcomed you, Mr. 4 different user names, you ungrateful person, and you have been here for 23 years! Do us all a favor, and go back to Bosnia! You contribute absolutely nothing to this great country!

Old 12-14-2021, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Yes 101 countries play rugby and 106 play cricket! That's a pretty impressive 'portion' no? Can you give me any other team sports that are this popular!? I'm still waiting for you to give me ANY team sports world cups that are anything like as popular as 'the big 3'?
Besides a few, mostly very poor countries of the British Commonwealth, they are not World Games!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World