Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2021, 08:14 AM

89 posts, read 49,160 times

Advertisements

soccer best game ever not phisical not develop your upper body really see ronaldo even messi and probably 95% od players. now nfl talk about tough tackless go watch rugby 7 arg vs south africa that tackle no nfl guy that guy size would survive. nfl just pading all the armor was designed to disperse force evenly over the armor so when i hear most phisical sport most poerfull sport please

Old 07-27-2021, 08:56 AM

910 posts, read 366,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
Anybody can 'kick' a ball yes but making it go where you want it too is MUCH harder than using your hands MUCH harder! Like I said you go and kick a ball through a hoop then throw it through, then come back and tell me which is easier! Then throw a ball in the air and catch it 10 times followed by keeping a football in the air by kicking it 10 times (keepy up) You've clearly never kicked a ball in your life!
Did you ever watch some of those incredible acrobatic catches NFL receivers make! Especially the ones in the end zone, were they are fully extended, tip toeing on the line to stay inbound, a defensive back also going for the ball, at the same time. The incredible athleticism is so mind boggling. The big difference between kicking a soccer ball, and what I just described is, that only a select few great athletes can do it, but many people can score so called pretty goals in soccer. Now Hockey has some really pretty goals!

Last edited by vindag; 07-27-2021 at 09:09 AM..

Old 07-27-2021, 09:20 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,014,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vindag View Post
Did you ever watch some of those incredible acrobatic catches NFL receivers make! Especially the ones in the end zone, were they are fully extended, tip toeing on the line to stay inbound, a defensive back also going for the ball, at the same time. The incredible athleticism is so mind boggling. The big difference between kicking a soccer ball, and what I just described is, that only a select few great athletes can do it, but many people can score so called pretty goals in soccer. Now Hockey has some really pretty goals!
Catching and controlling a ball with your hands is MUCH easier than doing it with your feet - in fact EVERYTHING is easier to do with your hands than with your feet! The skill levels controlling a football at speed without using hands it's MUCH harder than stopping any ball with your hands. For my school I played football, cricket, rugby, basketball and (only once) field hockey. Football requires the highest skill level and stamina but rugby was (obviously) more painful! Cricket was genteel until you batted and much more fun to play than it is to watch, basketball was easy to play and quite good excersise, hockey was fun to play but not really my thing.

Old 07-27-2021, 10:23 AM

18,125 posts, read 25,266,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmcoolm View Post
I'd rather prefer a research that links specific sports to education level.
Most soccer fans seem to be of the lower middle class, neo Nazi, uneducated, blue-collar kind. You don't find many college professors that are avid soccer fans anywhere. They, I assume, prefer more intellectual sports like chess (but just playing it), tennis, snooker. The players themselves have lower IQ in soccer than in tennis or snooker.
1/2 the football fans I've met didn't have a full set of teeth

Old 07-27-2021, 10:26 AM

18,525 posts, read 18,732,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko View Post
The average size is much smaller and a rugby player doesn't have the shoulder and head protection which allows American football players to drive home their attack. Generally speaking only one player on the field has armor covering their ribs meanwhile receivers, often 3 or 4 out of 11 have increasingly cut back the padding they wear to improve quickness and flat out speed.

I would imagine that the larger rugby players are more suited to the crossover positions of linebacker and running back than the ball catching eligible interior lineman the tighteneds
You know more about it than me Taiko..

Old 07-27-2021, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vindag View Post
Did you ever watch some of those incredible acrobatic catches NFL receivers make! Especially the ones in the end zone, were they are fully extended, tip toeing on the line to stay inbound, a defensive back also going for the ball, at the same time. The incredible athleticism is so mind boggling.
You should pay more attention to soccer goalies

Old 07-27-2021, 12:22 PM

12,383 posts, read 8,136,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
You know more about it than me Taiko..
I took my share of head slaps before the rules changed to protect me from Deacon Jones wannabes

Old 07-28-2021, 03:52 AM

169 posts, read 129,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alkamies View Post
soccer best game ever not phisical not develop your upper body really see ronaldo even messi and probably 95% od players.
they look lanky for athletes, that's for sure.

Old 07-28-2021, 07:24 AM

89 posts, read 49,160 times
Quote:
lol you go and exersie like ronaldo you will look like him. to look like nfl guy you need ped. just look at weight lifters. full of steroids and that is why they look lke that and now look at nfl guys too. full of steroids as well.you cant look like what nfl and weight lifters look NATURALY

Old 07-28-2021, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Uhh yeah, this guys look super athletic

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World