Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2021, 05:39 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 2 days ago)

27,175 posts, read 13,455,286 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEAandATL View Post
Glad to see one Georgia city, Savannah made the cut.

https://time.com/collection/worlds-g...t-places-2021/
Here's another interesting list -

Time Out crowns Melbourne’s Smith Street the coolest street in the world, with Barcelona, London, Havana and LA completing the top five

Time Out Names the Coolest Streets in the World Right Now - Time Out (June 2021)

The 30 coolest streets in the world - Time Out (June 2021)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2021, 03:36 AM

5,743 posts, read 3,600,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
Here's another interesting list -

Time Out crowns Melbourne’s Smith Street the coolest street in the world, with Barcelona, London, Havana and LA completing the top five

Time Out Names the Coolest Streets in the World Right Now - Time Out (June 2021)

The 30 coolest streets in the world - Time Out (June 2021)
Actually, it is interesting as click-bait goes. I may have been on about ten of them, mostly before they were interesting. I had a friend living on Chicago's Milwaukee Ave, stayed there a few days.

Old 07-26-2021, 01:21 PM

12,164 posts, read 8,010,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arr430 View Post
Actually, it is interesting as click-bait goes. I may have been on about ten of them, mostly before they were interesting. I had a friend living on Chicago's Milwaukee Ave, stayed there a few days.
Milwaukee Street is fabulous. So fun.

Lot of people in their 20s, my age. Just a cool place.

Old 07-26-2021, 02:09 PM

2,222 posts, read 1,326,475 times
Such clever addition of green spaces!
Little Island of NYC's Hudson River Park
https://time.com/collection/worlds-g...new-york-city/

Old 07-27-2021, 06:42 AM

169 posts, read 130,085 times
No Pilsen, Visby, Madeira, Bordeaux, Positano, Varna, really?

Old 07-27-2021, 01:17 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,353,110 times
These lists are subject to change.

People who get their knickers twisted at an omission here or an "undeserved" entry there need to relax.

As for bias, sure, why not? I am sure if this list came from a Spanish newspaper there wouldn't be a single entry from North America or anywhwere north of Toulouse.

Old 07-27-2021, 01:36 PM

66 posts, read 42,968 times
Ive been to several of these places.

I see no single reason to go to St. Louis, Winnipeg, Orlando.

I rather spend my time in an underrated paradise like Mozambique than roam around the US with its suburbs, walmarts, shopping malls.

Old 07-27-2021, 01:38 PM

66 posts, read 42,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
These lists are subject to change.

People who get their knickers twisted at an omission here or an "undeserved" entry there need to relax.

As for bias, sure, why not? I am sure if this list came from a Spanish newspaper there wouldn't be a single entry from North America or anywhwere north of Toulouse.
European newspapers would not really put the US anywhere outside certain stereotypical places like New york city. You would never find all those US cities are recommended places to go in Europe. .

It would certainly be more global, putting central Asia, Africa and many other places in it.

Any European (places to see) article for sure would not put winnipeg, st. louis, orlando, las vegas in it.

Last edited by diwlari; 07-27-2021 at 01:58 PM..

Old 07-29-2021, 02:27 PM

7,342 posts, read 4,131,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diwlari View Post
European newspapers would not really put the US anywhere outside certain stereotypical places like New york city. You would never find all those US cities are recommended places to go in Europe. .

It would certainly be more global, putting central Asia, Africa and many other places in it.

Any European (places to see) article for sure would not put winnipeg, st. louis, orlando, las vegas in it.
First, Winnipeg isn't in the US. It's in Canada.

Second, Orlando and Sarasota are huge with Europeans in winter. They go for the warm weather.

Third, The list had NYC, but also has Hudson Valley which begins 50 miles north of NYC. It's an environmental and historical preservation area. It's unusually. It has many European tourists.

Fourth, New Orleans is a French city and has many European visitors and well as being a big American destination.

Old 07-30-2021, 01:06 PM

169 posts, read 130,085 times
Winnipeg makes Klatovy (Czech Republic) look like Paris in comparison. I can't fathom anyone gong there as a tourist, it's a generic North American city
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World