Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2021, 06:00 AM

1,719 posts, read 731,191 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by diwlari View Post
Queens is a neighborhood
outside of it its not diverse at all

I mean, white, black, and American latinos all behave the same, speak same language, share same culture.

You can drive from coast to coast and its all the same.

In europe I have germanic culture an hour north from here, with their ownfood, way of life, language I cannot speak, protestantism.

South of me itss latin,french, catholicism, other foods, ways of life.

East of me I have the UK, with english, their culture etc.

London is the most diversecity on the earth

you dont have that diversity in the US

in the US everything is the same wherever you go
The U.S. is one country. Europe is a cluster of countries.

Japan and Korea don't have much diversity. Is that bad or good?

Does it matter if a country is diverse or not?

How is the diversity in the country you're from?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2021, 06:57 AM

66 posts, read 42,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentonite View Post
The U.S. is one country. Europe is a cluster of countries.

Japan and Korea don't have much diversity. Is that bad or good?

Does it matter if a country is diverse or not?

How is the diversity in the country you're from?
You said the US is more diverse than Europe so I proved you it wasnt and now you retract saying the US is just one country so it cannot be compared to the diversity of a continent.

Old 07-28-2021, 07:26 AM

27,559 posts, read 28,652,113 times
Quote:
I mean, white, black, and American latinos all behave the same, speak same language, share same culture.
Actually, tens of millions of Latinos in America also speak Spanish, often quite publicly. This has led to a level of disunity and resentment in society. Very few non-Latinos learn Spanish well enough to have a conversation with others.

To be clear, I’m not saying that racial or ethnic diversity is a bad thing. It is probably inevitable in our world. But I do think it’s a mixed bag, and other countries that experiment with diversity within their borders see the same things to a greater or lesser extent. It’s one of those cases where you have to be careful what you wish for.

Old 07-28-2021, 07:52 AM

89 posts, read 49,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by haveitup View Post
if you think african american influence wasn’t crucial to rock, then you know absolutely nothing about the history and cultural geography of rock music and pop music in general.

Everyone knows modern pop music, and rock music, came from the melding of african and northwestern european folkways in the american south. Everyone. Where have you been?
now it is northwestern. Last time i checked it was only whites who used electric guitares and guitares in general what did blacks did

Old 07-28-2021, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by haveitup View Post
it seems to me like this is a gaslighting insistence.

Europe isn’t racially diverse, yet europeans love to comment and pass judgement on americans, saying “americans are racist”, while refusing to acknowledge americans are a much more racially diverse group of people than “europeans” are. Europeans are one racial group in the us, and they’re much more mixed than europeans in europe.
and that is why race is constanly taked about in usa and there is tention and there is race b.s. In everywhere. Europe less blacks so no talk about race how they created the culture all the **** american media wants give them credit for which is a lie

Old 07-28-2021, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space_League View Post
Europeans seem noticably more racist at least from ones you meet online. That's anecdotal and generalization but still a pattern I've noticed. I've seen a lot of Euro bros not even think twice about saying something Americans would all generally recognize as a racist joke or comment. Most of the American racists who would say the same kind of things at least realize what they're doing.

There is also a way bigger far-right movement in Europe than anywhere I've seen in the US. Particularly in southern Europe. As an American it's really surreal to be chatting with some normal-seeming locals at a bar in Athens then suddenly you find out they are card-carrying neo Nazis.... That's never happened to me in the states and can't even imagine it happening unless you were really searching for those types.
EUROS NEED AMERICANS TO TELL US HOW BLACKS SHOULD BE PUT ON pedestal lol

Old 07-28-2021, 08:03 AM

Quote:
You said the US is more diverse than Europe so I proved you it wasnt and now you retract saying the US is just one country so it cannot be compared to the diversity of a continent.
Please reread my posts. I didn't say that the U.S. is more diverse than Europe. You must have mistaken me for another poster -- or your reading comprehension and/or English language skills aren't good.

No answers for my other questions, eh?

Old 07-28-2021, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Actually, tens of millions of Latinos in America also speak Spanish, often quite publicly. This has led to a level of disunity and resentment in society. Very few non-Latinos learn Spanish well enough to have a conversation with others.

To be clear, I’m not saying that racial or ethnic diversity is a bad thing. It is probably inevitable in our world. But I do think it’s a mixed bag, and other countries that experiment with diversity within their borders see the same things to a greater or lesser extent. It’s one of those cases where you have to be careful what you wish for.
The Spanish that most people speak in the US is pretty bad, at times its more like Spanglish.

Social constructs like race are not diversity!

Race is a British empire social construct, it is not scientific.

This is where Americans draw their idea of diversity. Americans assume that if people have different skin colors then they are diverse.

The reality is most Americans are pretty homogeneous culturally, linguistically, religiously.

Look at family guy, peter, joe, quagmire and cleveland behave, act, live the same way, speak the same language despite having different skin colors. they are Homogenous.

From coast to coast its all the same.

cookie cutter suburbs
sprawling car oriented cities
big shopping malls
giant cars
big people
enormous buffets offering cheap bad food

Old 07-28-2021, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alkamies View Post
and that is why race is constanly taked about in usa and there is tention and there is race b.s. In everywhere. Europe less blacks so no talk about race how they created the culture all the **** american media wants give them credit for which is a lie
I think its because blacks in Europe are not reminded 24/7 they are black, so they are more chill and simply adapt to the great social identity.

In the US on the other hand people OBSESS with dividing people into skin colors and categories and then they put them all against one another, so you have a lot of crazy people full of rage going at each other!

For the rest of your claim that US media wants to give credit to black people, you're full of it. Most music in the US does come from all those southern black communities. Youre just ignorant and perhaps living in a bubble.

Old 07-28-2021, 08:42 AM

Quote:
The Spanish that most people speak in the US is pretty bad, at times its more like Spanglish.

Social constructs like race are not diversity!

Race is a British empire social construct, it is not scientific.

This is where Americans draw their idea of diversity. Americans assume that if people have different skin colors then they are diverse.

The reality is most Americans are pretty homogeneous culturally, linguistically, religiously.

Look at family guy, peter, joe, quagmire and cleveland behave, act, live the same way, speak the same language despite having different skin colors. they are Homogenous.
Okay. You dislike the U.S. You find it unbearably homogenous and boring. I understand that. Do you have anything else to add to this thread besides constant repetition of how homogenous and boring the U.S. is? Do you understand what the word "overkill" means?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World