Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which would you choose to live in?
Japan 8 27.59%
Italy 10 34.48%
California 11 37.93%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2021, 07:38 AM

136 posts, read 134,076 times

Advertisements

If you could pick one of these three places to live, where would you choose?

Scenery:
Climate:
Culture:
Infrastructure:
Recreation:
Safety:
Economy:
Food:
Other:
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2021, 08:24 AM

12,169 posts, read 8,036,941 times
Scenery: Italy
Climate: California
Culture: Italy
Infrastructure: Japan
Recreation: Italy
Safety: Italy
Economy: California
Food: Italy
Vibe: Italy

Italy easily.

Old 07-22-2021, 09:46 AM

910 posts, read 367,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by masssachoicetts View Post
Scenery: Italy
Climate: California
Culture: Italy
Infrastructure: Japan
Recreation: Italy
Safety: Italy
Economy: California
Food: Italy
Vibe: Italy

Italy easily.
I would say Scenery a tie between California and Italy, although Taormina Sicily is the most beautiful place in the world. Recreation I would give to California in a landslide, from Surfing to way more Golf courses, and more of everything. Safety to Japan. Italian food is my favorite food, but I don't want it everyday, so because California has more good food diversity, California wins that. Your other ones are spot on.

Last edited by vindag; 07-22-2021 at 10:19 AM..

Old 07-22-2021, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vindag View Post
I would say Scenery a tie between California and Italy, although Taormina Sicily is the most beautiful place in the world. Recreation I would give to California in a landslide, from Surfing to way more Golf courses, and more of everything. Safety to Japan. Italian food is my favorite food, but I don't want it everyday, so because California has more good food diversity, California wins that. Your other ones are spot on.
Well most of what you said is your opinion. I dont golf, so recreation is a no brainer on Italy for me. I find every dish better in Europe, so Italy for me. Scenery wise, Alps+Almafi Coast > Sierra Nevadas + Cali Coast.

Old 07-22-2021, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by masssachoicetts View Post
Well most of what you said is your opinion. I dont golf, so recreation is a no brainer on Italy for me. I find every dish better in Europe, so Italy for me. Scenery wise, Alps+Almafi Coast > Sierra Nevadas + Cali Coast.
I don't know what recreation that you think Italy has over California? Its not just golf, it is more skiing, which is everywhere in California, but only in Northern Italy, mountain climbing, and everything. I am a person that loves Italy, but I'm also objective. So please tell me what recreation Italy has over California?

Old 07-22-2021, 02:46 PM

89 posts, read 49,272 times
Quote:
I don't know what recreation that you think Italy has over California? Its not just golf, it is more skiing, which is everywhere in California, but only in Northern Italy, mountain climbing, and everything. I am a person that loves Italy, but I'm also objective. So please tell me what recreation Italy has over California?
mediterenian on one side adriatic on another. much more cleaner water. small old towns instead of what cali has become

Old 07-22-2021, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alkamies View Post
mediterenian on one side adriatic on another. much more cleaner water. small old towns instead of what cali has become
We are talking about recreation, there is way more in California. This is not even a close call.

Old 07-22-2021, 03:35 PM

89 posts, read 49,272 times
Quote:
We are talking about recreation, there is way more in California. This is not even a close call.
lol what does california has for recreation sky well there is alps what else does t have sewer dump oceans italy has clean seas. what else

Old 07-22-2021, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Recreation isnt just ski golf etc. It also included doing things. Italy has a ton of little cities and regions to explore and is in great proximity to an insane amount of places like inside Italy (Rome, Milan, Venice, Naples, Sicily, Sorrento, Bari, Pisa, Florence, Turino, etc) and outside Italy Lugano, Monaco, Nice, Marseilles, Geneva, Vienna, Dubrovnik for the weekend. You can jump cheap Ryanair flights or drive to cool cities in very close proximity. I like Alps skiing better than California... the beaches are more intriguing with a better coastline in Italy. There are far more things to see and explore in all of Italy, than all of California.

California doesnt even have a fraction of things I would do for a day/weekend trip. Which is the definition of recreation. I would be far more amused in Italy than in California..

Old 07-23-2021, 03:50 AM

5,214 posts, read 4,026,336 times
Nippon mochiron (I have Hiragana on the other comp. damn...).

As to Italy and California: Out of these three California is the most economically powerful but it's still loosing to China so risking to get shot or die from an earthquake just because a gay guy makes iphone (Tim Cook) seems pointless to me. I mean Titanic was also a big ship...

Italy these days is just a nice language and Versace/Armani/Bulgari - it's also nice seeing Italy beat most other countries at the Euro or worldclup but it's still absurd to move there solely for these reasons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World