Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2022, 03:07 PM

5,214 posts, read 4,021,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
Well, I still like China. Used to be such a solid fan of Russia. And all of these cool Russia people I met in Hotels, Hostels in South Korea, Cyprus, UAE. Just one year before in 2021. Going to assume all of them are strongly against the War. One of the only maps on the Internet to really Quantify the topic. So, even if I disagree with some key places highlighted that is listed earlier, a relevant Map.

Even worse, just saw it's from 2013, ya know those years when Ukraine = Russia. The fact that it's Bezos's Washington Post highlighting it doesn't quite scream truth, the funny thing is Bezos is hated so it's not just me...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2022, 03:08 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,038,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
A legitimate domestic news agency (The Washington Post) combined with a multinational organization (World Economic Forum: WEF) tried to create vast enough methodological data study on this exact theme topic:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...to-foreigners/

Find this a very Interesting map. Without any overly harsh criticism against the news source map. Even when I don't agree with South Korea, Kuwait, Hungary, Poland, Latvia, the old Russia before this year, Denmark, or Argentina, Panama on just enough various count measures.
Unfortunately that article link has a paywall so I couldn't read it.

But I don't think the map is particularly relevant to the topic and the question that was asked. The OP question specified only these criteria:

Quote:
Which countries are easiest for a non-native speaking foreigner to:

a) stay long term without hassles of frequent visa runs, high payments/deposits. This is related to the ease or difficulty of getting permanent residency and/or citizenship

b) get on their socialized medicine program for low cost or free medical care
The map appears to be regarding countries that are welcoming (or not) to foreign visitors only. Just visitors, not people with intention of taking up permanent residency and getting socialized or free medical care. In that regard I think the countries on that map that are most welcoming of visitors probably also happen to be some of the most cautious and demanding of countries about their criteria for required qualifications that would allow foreign applicants to be eligible to take up permanent residency/citizenship.

Old 07-29-2022, 04:08 PM

3,460 posts, read 2,786,747 times
What country wouldn’t like Foreigner?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azF9zHyXLoE

Old 07-29-2022, 04:20 PM

10,864 posts, read 6,480,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suesbal View Post
What country wouldn’t like Foreigner?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azF9zHyXLoE
Japan.

Old 07-30-2022, 05:13 AM

5,743 posts, read 3,601,915 times
My remarks about Jordan reflect a general truism. If you have skills they want, and you are willing to work for local wages. That magic formula will work anywhere.

On Jordan, they depended on NGOs to recruit, hire and donate skills like medical. They had a contract with CARE to supply nurses. They were delighted if an extra one walked in and worked for local pay. About half their nurses were Indian or Egyptian.

If you have a skill they can't fulfill locally, they'll hire you, but be prepared to live on $400 a month or so. Uzbekistan, Cameroon, they're all lovely.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World