Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2021, 11:45 AM

77 posts, read 235,611 times

Advertisements

UK- Birmingham
France- Nantes
Germany- Frankfurt
Spain- Las Palmas de Gran Canaria
Italy- Taranto
Netherlands- Eindhoven
Belgium- Charleroi
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2021, 12:08 PM

18,130 posts, read 25,291,852 times
I hate to say this because I live there

But if I didn't live in Houston, I would never visit it again.
For a city of 7 million people (metro area) ... it's extremely disappointing how little it offers to tourists.

Old 11-08-2021, 12:12 PM

2,485 posts, read 2,704,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
I've also heard that Milan, along with Naples can be skipped in Italy. I hope to visit Italy in the next few years and I know Rome, Florence, and Venice are the 3 most important places to visit for me. Then it would be Capri, the Amalfi coast, Lake Como and the Tuscan countryside. Naples and Milan aren't truly necessary.

In the UK, I would probably skip Wales and Northern Ireland and some of the northern English cities like Newcastle and Leeds.
Naples is worth a stop. The museum houses all the stuff taken from Pompeii. Food is good too.

Old 11-08-2021, 12:29 PM

1,631 posts, read 2,388,084 times
I would skip Manila Philippines. Not much there when the islands beaches and nature and provinces are what attracts people.

Old 11-12-2021, 02:16 PM

2,304 posts, read 2,963,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
There's some good art galleries, museums, historic buildings and churches, as well as good restaurants, and the city is a wealthy financial centre, as well as being home to the San Siro Stadium, which is home to the famous AC Milan and Inter Milan.

The Italian Lakes are also nearby, and are extremely beautiful and definitely worth a visit.

Whilst Milan might not have the levels of tourism of Rome, Vienna or Florence, few cities do, and Milan is still a fantastic city.
I agree that Milan doesn't get its due. The first time i was there it looked gray and grim but have been back several times and like the city quite a bit. I find the city hip and cool, there are architectural gems and great art, superb food, and the wittiest most fun window decorations in the world in the fashion district.

Someone on here said it was not known for authentic Italian cuisine. But how not? Veal milanese, risotto milanese, panettone.

And who rates cites for their climate?
Naples may be colorful and sunny but it is a mess and it is the one Italian city i would skip.

I find that most cities have something to offer even secondary cities. Sometimes it's primary cities that haven't impressed me much including Copenhagen, Berlin, Vienna

Last edited by ABQSunseeker; 11-12-2021 at 02:17 PM.. Reason: Typo

Old 11-23-2021, 12:51 PM

6,563 posts, read 12,054,379 times
How about Kathmandu? I'm thinking if I ever went to Nepal I'd want to head straight for the Himalayas. Pokhara seems to have a better view/backdrop.

Another city I'm thinking is Phnom Penh, Cambodia as most would fly to Siem Reap to visit Angkor Wat.

Old 12-11-2021, 07:01 PM

417 posts, read 445,363 times
I liked the Philippines but didn't much care for Manila. Sri Lanka is a beautiful country but Colombo was just so-so. Back home in the states, I didn't care much for Memphis, Baltimore, or Detroit.

Old 12-15-2021, 07:50 PM

6,563 posts, read 12,054,379 times
Another city I forgot to mention is Jakarta, as most people who visit Indonesia go to the Bali side.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World