Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2021, 02:33 PM

52 posts, read 45,687 times

Advertisements

Well I went to Japan in 2019 I adored it it was amazing one best experiences I ever had when I went on holiday all the culture anime and manga everywhere so technologically advanced so full of culture I loved the costumes everyone dressed so stylishly oh and cats I adore cats they are my favourite animal ever I own a cat a a cute or Kawaii I should say cat at my home the ladies where especially friendly and sounded so nice when they talked and smiled it made me smile I love to go to China though.
Tokyo is biggest but safest city in the world I felt far more safer in Japan than in the west
Tell me if you would ike to go or have been to Japan.

Last edited by Meowingalot3; 12-15-2021 at 03:09 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2021, 04:58 PM

30,471 posts, read 17,908,006 times
I've been to Japan a few times and spent a couple of weeks there in total. Specifically, I've been to Fukuoka, Sasebo, and Okinawa. Out of the three cities that I've stayed in, I enjoyed Okinawa the best. I care very much about the culinary scene in a country, and the food in Okinawa didn't disappoint at all

Living in Honolulu at the time, I had become well accustomed to Japanese food and flavors, but was missing certain other flavors that were not readily available (at least not in an authentic capacity) in Japan. On that note, Okinawa had some pretty tasty Indian food, as well as Mexican food. Seriously, I was not expecting that.

Old 12-16-2021, 03:49 AM

5,749 posts, read 3,524,785 times
Only been there a couple of times for a day or two each. I was very, very favorably impressed. The people I encountered had an unforced dignity, like they feel "at home", comfortabe in their skin.

Unlike Koreans, who seem to be aware they are being watched or judged. Unlike the Chinese, who seem unaware that a world exists outside China.

Old 12-16-2021, 07:39 AM

6,207 posts, read 11,811,481 times
I lived there for 3 years and wish I could move back, though like the rest of the world it's not the same as it was pre-pandemic. I'd like to visit again once the pandemic is over, whenever that will be.

Old 12-16-2021, 08:49 AM

32,493 posts, read 47,458,225 times
I enjoy reading about the culture and history of Japan but I have no desire to go there to visit.

Old 12-16-2021, 01:29 PM

5,238 posts, read 4,024,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meowingalot3 View Post
Well I went to Japan in 2019 I adored it it was amazing one best experiences I ever had when I went on holiday all the culture anime and manga everywhere so technologically advanced so full of culture I loved the costumes everyone dressed so stylishly oh and cats I adore cats they are my favourite animal ever I own a cat a a cute or Kawaii I should say cat at my home the ladies where especially friendly and sounded so nice when they talked and smiled it made me smile I love to go to China though.
Tokyo is biggest but safest city in the world I felt far more safer in Japan than in the west
Tell me if you would ike to go or have been to Japan.
There’s nice for you! Did you go to “Cat Island”? An island full of cats - that would have been right up your street. I would love to go to “Rabbit Island”. An island full of rabbits chasing you around, wanting to get fed. I could spend ages there - it would be my ideal place to go to, in fact.

Another reason to go to Japan, is that the food is amazing. Whilst feeding rabbits on “Rabbit Island”, I would also stuff my own face full of Japanese food. What sort of food did you have there? I like Sushi, Rice Noodles, Miso Soup and all that. Some people might not like eating things with seaweed in it, but I like it. Seaweed sort of tastes like fishy spinach, doesn’t it?!

Old 12-16-2021, 01:44 PM

5,257 posts, read 3,966,296 times
Long story short: Yes.

Old 12-17-2021, 05:57 AM

52 posts, read 45,687 times
I wish to visit China one day despite what you hear in the west everyone who goes to China says it's amazing.

Old 12-17-2021, 09:14 AM

30,471 posts, read 17,908,006 times
I traveled to China for the 2008 summer Olympics. I generally enjoyed the food and what not, and was certainly grateful to be there, but it was not my most enjoyable trip otherwise.

Old 12-18-2021, 10:25 AM

6,207 posts, read 11,811,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
I traveled to China for the 2008 summer Olympics. I generally enjoyed the food and what not, and was certainly grateful to be there, but it was not my most enjoyable trip otherwise.
I visited China (Beijing) once in 2010. It was great to experience the Great Wall and some of the other sites like the Forbidden City, Temple of Heaven, and Summer Palace, and yes the food was really good, but definitely not a place I'd want to live. I was happy to return to Tokyo where I was living at the time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World