Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2021, 02:34 PM

5,699 posts, read 4,920,492 times

Advertisements

Canada is just too similar to the USA to stand out, Canada does have Quebec with it’s French culture, but from what I understand they are a bit insular and haven’t really exported any of their culture to the US, at least not to the same degree as Mexico considering the high number of immigrants. That being said there are many well known celebrities from Canada, you just might not be aware of their nationality.

Jim Carey
Ryan Gosling
Drake
Justin Bieber
Seth Rogan
Ryan Reynolds
Celine Dion
Keanu Reeves
Michael Bublé
William Shatner

And that’s just scratching the surface. And not being in the news these days is a good thing, it means nothing bad enough is happening to garner international attention. Rarely do we hear actual good news in the media these days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2021, 02:55 PM

910 posts, read 366,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Star10101 View Post
What are you going on about? I went to the American side of Niagara Falls and it was great. But I then walked over the bridge into the Canadian side, and I thought it was even better over there. It had a lovely park area to sit in - it wasn’t cheap and tacky at all, when I was there.

Anyway, technically you are Canadian, seeing that you were born there! Why aren’t you proud of being Canadian? You prefer to see yourself as an American, but how about the country you were born in?

I was born in Wales, and will always be Welsh and support Wales until the day that I die. When I went to live in England for several years, I didn’t think to myself “Well, never mind about Wales anymore. I’m living in England now, so I must become English”.
The Canadian side does have that nice manicured park strip right along the falls, and a better view of Horseshoe Falls, but the immediate downtown area is cheap and tacky. Now Niagara- on- the-Lake is a beautiful town on the Canadian side. Most of the American side is beautiful parkland. As for my Canadian/American citizenship, I prefer being a citizen of the USA, than being a subject of the queen.

Last edited by vindag; 12-16-2021 at 03:23 PM..

Old 12-16-2021, 03:01 PM

3,446 posts, read 2,772,996 times
Mexican food is better than Canadian food.

Old 12-16-2021, 03:02 PM

3,446 posts, read 2,772,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meowingalot3 View Post
Dunno why Americans aren't interested in Canada.
American film studios are very interested in Canada.

Old 12-16-2021, 03:23 PM

5,238 posts, read 4,058,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vindag View Post
The Canadian side does have that nice park strip right along the falls, and a better view of Horseshoe Falls, but the immediate downtown area is cheap and tacky. Now Niagara- on- the-Lake is a beautiful town on the Canadian side. Most of the American side is beautiful parkland. As for my Canadian/American citizenship, I prefer being a citizen of the USA, than being a subject of the queen.
Both sides were good, but I quite liked that park on the Canadian side.

I don’t know what you’ve got against The Queen - she is a lovely lady. You are probably all confused because you don’t know whether you are Canadian, American or Italian!

Old 12-16-2021, 03:28 PM

2,304 posts, read 2,960,636 times
Canada is a beautiful, prosperous, progressive, very appealing country. One in which many Americans wouldn't mind living in. But sorry, Canadians, Mexico has a history. A fascinating one, if at times difficult. And a culture deeply imbedded and unique. One that is flourishing and distinct, colorful as it is influential. As well as being more populous and the place where millions and millions of americans can trace their heritage.

Old 12-16-2021, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Both sides were good, but I quite liked that park on the Canadian side.

I don’t know what you’ve got against The Queen - she is a lovely lady. You are probably all confused because you don’t know whether you are Canadian, American or Italian!
I am not confused at all. I’m foremost an American, and very happy with that, who was born in Canada, with Italian ancestry.

Old 12-16-2021, 03:33 PM

12,946 posts, read 13,328,106 times
Quote:
I was born in Toronto, I will take Mexican food, beer, weather, people, and beaches over anything in Canada.
My son & DIL just spent a week in Cancun...

Last edited by ScoPro; 12-30-2021 at 02:12 PM..

Old 12-16-2021, 03:37 PM

5,238 posts, read 4,058,782 times
Quote:
I am not confused at all. I’m foremost an American, who was born in Canada, with Italian ancestry.
Fair enough. It’s just that you were explaining the other day, about how Italian you were!

Old 12-16-2021, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Fair enough. It’s just that you were explaining the other day, about how Italian you were!
I do understand where you are coming from. I went to elementary school in the late 50’s, early 60’s, I have a long Italian last name, that ends in a vowel. Everyone else in class was either Smith, Brown, Jones, Miller, Davis, Bell, Riley, etc. so of course I thought I was a little different. Now that I’m 71, I totally identify with being American.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World