Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2022, 05:23 PM

297 posts, read 245,305 times

Advertisements

Things have changed drastically on immigration arrival and renewal standards.

Which countries now offer the EASIEST, LEAST HASSLE for a tourist staying LONG term. You can include countries where getting residency is exceedingly EASY.

I am focused mainly on Latin America and warm countries. I don't like winters. I am OLD and don't travel well so the more visa renewal trips the worse it is for me. I also do NOT want countries with vaxx mandates, mask mandates, testing/quarantine BS. I've never gotten CV and likely never will.

Some of the Central America countries used to have this thing where you just make a quick trip across the border to the next country and then come back for renewal. Is that still in effect and which countries?

Has anyone been to MX recently are they still denying 180 visas like recent reports say?

Thank you!

Last edited by Steveareeno5; 05-25-2022 at 05:25 PM.. Reason: formating
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2022, 07:26 AM

Default ok world posters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveareeno5 View Post
Things have changed drastically on immigration arrival and renewal standards.

Which countries now offer the EASIEST, LEAST HASSLE for a tourist staying LONG term. You can include countries where getting residency is exceedingly EASY.

I am focused mainly on Latin America and warm countries. I don't like winters. I am OLD and don't travel well so the more visa renewal trips the worse it is for me. I also do NOT want countries with vaxx mandates, mask mandates, testing/quarantine BS. I've never gotten CV and likely never will.

Some of the Central America countries used to have this thing where you just make a quick trip across the border to the next country and then come back for renewal. Is that still in effect and which countries?

Has anyone been to MX recently are they still denying 180 visas like recent reports say?

Thank you!
what goes around comes around and I have a long memory.

Old 05-27-2022, 08:16 AM

61,699 posts, read 87,101,195 times
You probably need to focus on places you can afford first. Then check on their immigration laws. Do you speak Spanish or Portuguese?

Old 05-27-2022, 03:29 PM

3,602 posts, read 2,307,469 times
You can forget most of the Asian countries as they overall have strict Covid rules.
Most countries want immigrants who have something to offer them, what would you be offering?

Old 05-29-2022, 11:32 AM

7,777 posts, read 10,160,922 times
Quote:
wtf?

Old 05-29-2022, 12:05 PM

24,538 posts, read 10,859,092 times
Quote:
Then use this memory to research immigration laws for various countries. There is a thread in the Retirement Forum.

Old 05-31-2022, 01:12 AM

Default as a matter of fact

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarisaMay View Post
You can forget most of the Asian countries as they overall have strict Covid rules.
Most countries want immigrants who have something to offer them, what would you be offering?
I have experience in several professions in demand. But I am retired, have a small income. Most of the places I am interested in I can afford. Trick is finding one you can stay long term without a lot of travel and other burdensome requirements. Definitely do not want any place with lockdowns, mandates, etc.

Old 05-31-2022, 01:13 AM

Have you noticed how OLD many of the threads on this platfrom are? Mostly years ago. There's a reason for that.

Old 05-31-2022, 01:48 AM

3,602 posts, read 2,307,469 times
Asia is out, also Australia, New Zealand and much of Europe. All have mandates, etc etc.
so I imagine it comes down to somewhere in Central or South America, or Africa.

Old 06-22-2022, 03:28 AM

Default i did just that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep2 View Post
Then use this memory to research immigration laws for various countries. There is a thread in the Retirement Forum.

and happy to say I have answers to all the questions raised in the original post. It took a little honed searching but I got the right answers that were not found in any forum or one site online. Thanks for your suggestion!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World