Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which state is Japan 2.0?
Georgia 6 42.86%
Florida 8 57.14%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2022, 07:33 AM

9,540 posts, read 16,545,845 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEAandATL View Post
Not only been but actually have lived in all 3. I tend to find similarities in little things that most people don't pay attention to.
I think that's good that you find similarities in things that most people don't pay attention to. Perhaps the World would be a much better place if all of us developed that trait.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2022, 04:58 AM

6,573 posts, read 12,081,415 times
I recently visited the Morikami Museum and Japanese Gardens near Boca Raton and it made me feel like I was back in Japan. I highly recommend visiting if you're ever in the area.

https://morikami.org/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrob1 View Post
I think that's good that you find similarities in things that most people don't pay attention to. Perhaps the World would be a much better place if all of us developed that trait.
Thank you for that! Never thought of it like that but if it would make the world a better place then it certainly would be a great treat. I tend to be to the point of OCD with the details.

Old 07-27-2022, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEAandATL View Post
I recently visited the Morikami Museum and Japanese Gardens near Boca Raton and it made me feel like I was back in Japan. I highly recommend visiting if you're ever in the area.

https://morikami.org/

Thank you for that! Never thought of it like that but if it would make the world a better place then it certainly would be a great treat. I tend to be to the point of OCD with the details.

I never knew that museum and Gardens was in Boca Raton, It will give me a reason to drive down there sometime. I would like to visit both of them. I use to like to go to the Japanese Gardens in Portland, Or where I lived before I retired to Florida. That's a beautiful garden to visit.

Old 07-28-2022, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heron31 View Post
Haha, that's what I was going to say. There is NO state that is anything like Japan. I mean really.

Hawaii was really the only state that actually made me feel like I was in Japan, people and culture wise. Even some of the signs are written in Japanese. People also compare California to Japan but I actually didn't think they were that similar.

Old 07-28-2022, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrob1 View Post
I never knew that museum and Gardens was in Boca Raton, It will give me a reason to drive down there sometime. I would like to visit both of them. I use to like to go to the Japanese Gardens in Portland, Or where I lived before I retired to Florida. That's a beautiful garden to visit.
I haven't been to the one in Portland but I've heard about it and seen pictures of it. The one in Seattle looks nice too.

Old 08-12-2022, 11:01 AM

622 posts, read 313,463 times
Florida is the worst state I have visited in terms of local rudeness and have decided not to go back even for traveling. Georgia on the other hand is quite livable in metro areas. On the other hand, everyone raves about Japanese politeness.

So, it’s Georgia by default.

Old 08-12-2022, 09:06 PM

321 posts, read 334,901 times
Neither. Lol

Old 08-12-2022, 10:42 PM

8,357 posts, read 2,979,916 times
Neither is anything like Japan in any way. Strange question.

Old 08-13-2022, 09:18 AM

23,586 posts, read 24,114,904 times
Georgia & Florida have no resemblance to Japan. I’ve visited all three numerous times.

Old 08-15-2022, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrish78 View Post
Florida is the worst state I have visited in terms of local rudeness and have decided not to go back even for traveling. Georgia on the other hand is quite livable in metro areas. On the other hand, everyone raves about Japanese politeness.

So, it’s Georgia by default.
I agree Florida is rather rude and the customer service leaves alot to be desired. Florida always has its hand out for money from tourist as well as residents. Yet it puts absolutely no effort into its quality of life or a feeling of sense of place. It is all about what can people do for Florida, with both its shady Government and far to many businesses.

Japan is polite for the most part, but all places have some type of issues. You can't escape it in today's world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World