Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2022, 08:51 PM

61,713 posts, read 87,123,005 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
That would depend on your definition of "beautifully dressed". Young women in E Europe tend to wear tiny black tube skirts too short to cover their body if they bend down (in waitressing, that is common) or move much at all. That, combined with high heels, tends to be regarded as the uniform for women who are for sale or rent by foreigners. Not well-dressed at all. I bet most French women don't dress that way. They have better taste.
...and you saw them when and where???
Women for sale? They only sale their services.

I don't think OP talks about those women. They wear provocative/sexy wardrobe in every country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2022, 08:54 PM

10,864 posts, read 6,478,124 times
Folks dress formally at Washington DC,down in Houston,plenty of slops ,women run around with their belly sticking out,they dont seem to care

Old 08-26-2022, 09:05 PM

61,713 posts, read 87,123,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccm123 View Post
Best dressed:: France, Japan
Worst:: USA (parts, not all places)
Their fit bodies (also Italian) would look great in just about everything.

Old 08-26-2022, 10:22 PM

497 posts, read 352,105 times
Japan for sure. While many countries have well-dressed women, the same can't be said of men. Japanese men especially out-dress the men of most other countries.

Old 08-26-2022, 10:33 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by svelten View Post
Japan, especially Tokyo, especially around Ginza. Amazing style.
Do you have any photos of that? I just looked up several photos, and so mostly young people in the international youth uniform of skinny jeans and sloppy t-shirts or plaid shirts with the shirt-tails out, a few women in mid-calf-length pants and plain white blouses, and an elderly couple that was dressed up. All the pants men and women were wearing were black. The t-shirts were white.

I didn't see anything "amazing". Maybe the "amazing" style comes out for the nightlife?

Old 08-27-2022, 01:53 PM

6,558 posts, read 12,051,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccm123 View Post
Best dressed:: France, Japan
Worst:: USA (parts, not all places)
The US really varies by state/region. I tend to think people in the South dress nicer though not so much in recent years. Also in cities like NYC, Chicago, and SF.

I'd also give the UK a mention as it doesn't get the credit it deserves. They also tend to dress classy and elegant.

Old 08-27-2022, 02:13 PM

77 posts, read 235,582 times
Women- Japan

Men- Italy, Sweden

Old 08-28-2022, 11:06 PM

3,702 posts, read 4,851,427 times
Spent a lot of time in Latin America and they like to dress up when going out. Caracas, Medellin, Panama City, etc... Even in laid back tourist towns like Jaco, Cabo, etc the attractive ones dress up.

My Colombian wife likes to point out how casual and poor dressed we are over here when going out but what can I say. We live in a tourist town on the most laid back section of the mid Atlantic coast. Clam boots, camo and a ball cap are a fashion statement here. New York, Miami (esp miami) etc. would be considerably different.

Old 08-29-2022, 11:35 AM

6,558 posts, read 12,051,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomektomek View Post
You make no sense, man or should I say брат.
Don't tell me you never ever check out women. Every straight man does, especially ones from Southern Europe. No, I don't do it in a creepy way and I prefer looking at women that check me out as well. Mutual attraction is always better. For the benefit of this thread you don't have to stare at people to notice that in some places they're too lax with dressing while in other places they dress smartly. Just a glance is enough. French girls do not dress that nice, aside from some high class (wealthy) ones but those usually dress nice in every country. The mid class French woman doesn't dress as beautiful as a mid class Slovak one.
For about the past 5 years since the #MeToo movement pervert shaming has been a lot more common. You're better off talking about other men, even if that's not what you're into.

Anyhow I agree about the Slavic countries, especially Ukraine. I would know since I'm married to one. Thankfully after all these years she still dresses in the Ukrainian style although for last few years we have had less reasons to dress up and her job has mostly been remote. But during her occasional trips to the office, let's just say I couldn't wait for her to come back home. Since she's my own wife, I don't think it's anything creepy or perverted to talk about.

Old 08-30-2022, 11:13 AM

30 posts, read 24,692 times
Japan, Italy… it’s tough to generalize about some much larger countries with huge diversity between regions, but I’d add Paris (naturally), London (clotheshorses), California (for the trend setters), Massachusetts (for preppy style and overall fastidiousness), and Toronto (hipsters plus a lot of 20-somethings sinking a lot of money into grooming, makeup, hair, etc.).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World